OVC 2009

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

falcon1
Varsity

Re: OVC '09

Post by falcon1 »

The OVC Trophy will be At The Grove next year ! Nice Reprive for Delawder`s Senior year.

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

NICE FOR THE WHOLE SENIOR CLASS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! GREAT GROUP OF TALENTED KIDS!!!!!!!!!!! GO GROVE!!!!111

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

fuzzhead wrote:
jl724 wrote:if oakie is the fastest player then he sure didnt show it tryin to catch one of the slower back fairland had in cornwell last year lol.

try again

Are you hinting that Cornwell could beat Haynes in a foot race? If so, I'll bet my entire life savings on Haynes - the OVC Champ in the 100 meter dash.

jl724 wrote:Fisher is the qb.
and he may even be better than hatfield at the qb.
and hes certainly much faster and theyll be just as dangerous.

Try making posts with some substance in them.... use true premises to back up your true, valid, and sound conclusion.
Don't waste my time with hear-say...
You're pretty much saying, "Fisher is going to be a good QB because he's pretty fast and I said so".

yea oakie haynes is alot faster than me(cornwell) but he is smaller than me i weighed 225 and plus speed dont matter when u have to bust up through the middle. plus he is not a fullback i was im not supposed to be the fastest person on the team

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

greenandwhiteboy wrote:
yea oakie haynes is alot faster than me(cornwell) but he is smaller than me i weighed 225 and plus speed dont matter when u have to bust up through the middle. plus he is not a fullback i was im not supposed to be the fastest person on the team

You're exactly right - that was my point. It's like comparing apples to oranges.... you and Haynes are two entirely different kinds of players. Haynes is almost always used to go around the ends when he gets the ball from the backfield. You were used to plow people. Personally, I prefer to watch your style of running because it's not pretty and it's not flashy, but it wears down defenses and you'll end up getting the bulk of your yardage as the game wears on and the defense tires..... However, Haynes is a real threat with his style and I'm glad Coal Grove has him - he's a heck of player.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

hope the groves transfer doesn't have an arm. . .and haynes can't catch. . .

even run happy lucas knows how to make a quick screen into a run play. . .an extension of the sweep type deal. . . . .

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Why try and justify Haynes' offensive play? Oakie is a defensive back through and through. Anything you can get out of him on the other side of the ball is just going to be a bonus.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

The lack of success for RV comes from weights,weights weights, or the lack of!!! If they could somehow get a weight program implemented and actually get kids to participate, they would see more success on Friday nights. The last couple of years the weights have been run by parents, and asst. football coaches, one of whom was one and the same. Coach Ward was one of our top players dad, he had an extensive background in power-lifting, but thats it. The team did get stonger, but not "football" stronger. How does one get the players motivated enough to actually want to lift? it seems everyone else has success at it but us, Do you think if we pay them they would come!!!!!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

RVFAN wrote:The lack of success for RV comes from weights,weights weights, or the lack of!!! If they could somehow get a weight program implemented and actually get kids to participate, they would see more success on Friday nights. The last couple of years the weights have been run by parents, and asst. football coaches, one of whom was one and the same. Coach Ward was one of our top players dad, he had an extensive background in power-lifting, but thats it. The team did get stonger, but not "football" stronger. How does one get the players motivated enough to actually want to lift? it seems everyone else has success at it but us, Do you think if we pay them they would come!!!!!!

You have a no lift no play system, during the summer you give your boys 3 misses, and you let it be known up front that all starting spots are open if you don't lift then you probably won't be in the running for one of the starting spots, if they really want to play that should be enough motivation to get them to lift. Also, you boys need to know the work they put in during the summer wins games in the fall.

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

hey fuzz, if he is so fast why didn't he show in the game against Fairland?????????
someone on the defensive side of the ball must have been a little fast to stop him. to hear u talk no can catch him!!????????????? believe me, I think Coal Grove has the edge going into this saeson but like we all know anything can happen and probably will with this league! good luck to all!!!

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

you never know with speed. . .
i remember in the 04' peake team, we had two kids that more than likely no one in the OVC could catch. . . they got very little play. . .none offensively

speed doesn't always show. . .

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Whom on our 04 team was so fast that no one could catch them?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

buckeyeshots wrote:Why try and justify Haynes' offensive play? Oakie is a defensive back through and through. Anything you can get out of him on the other side of the ball is just going to be a bonus.

This will be my last post on this thread that mentions Haynes. He is the "lightning" to Delawder's "thunder" - he's a very legitimate threat and he has the offensive stats to prove it. Together, they help make up one of the most dynamic backfields Coal Grove has had in a long time. The emergence of Bubba Wood, as well as several others who will doubtlessly be utilized this year, will give Coal Grove the potential to do nearly anything they want to do on the ground (assuming the line is anywhere from decent to great).

catch22 wrote:hey fuzz, if he is so fast why didn't he show in the game against Fairland?????????
someone on the defensive side of the ball must have been a little fast to stop him. to hear u talk no can catch him!!????????????? believe me, I think Coal Grove has the edge going into this saeson but like we all know anything can happen and probably will with this league! good luck to all!!!

I didn't say "no one could catch him". If "no one could catch him" he would have as many touchdowns as he did carries. I said I'd bet money on him in a foot race against Blaine Cornwell. I also said that comparing the two was like comparing apples to oranges. I stated facts to back up my conclusions. If you do the same thing as well as spell and punctuate a bit better, people might take you a bit more seriously. Good luck to you and your Dragons.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

bloomfield will still be the best back in the ovc this year.
they just need to get a line together and score alot of points.

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

jl724 wrote:bloomfield will still be the best back in the ovc this year.
they just need to get a line together and score alot of points.

i think fairland should revert to the spread we ran a couple of years ago to use that speed of our o. we will not be able to bully people around next year

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

why hasnt anyone mentioned chesapeake football the past few years.lol
maybe bc other than aaron donahoe last year, hes a great player.
but other than that chesapeakes football program is a joke lol

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The Peake will be back, maybe this year too...they always have speed, athletes, a good coach, and a good system. The Ovc (except for Coal Grove) looks down at this moment, and I think it could be peakes chance to reemerge. Because remember, they almost beat a bigger and stronger Coal Grove last year with their backup Quarterback.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

jl724 wrote:why hasnt anyone mentioned chesapeake football the past few years.lol

:lol: :lol: This guy really has no idea what he's talking about. You say the past couple years Chesapeake has been a joke, I think your way off.
We can start after the 04 football season. Cause the ten years before that we pretty much controlled the OVC. In 05 if Peake makes the two point convo against the Hill they are OVC Champs. In 06 the Peake went 5-5 and still had a chance to win the OVC. 07 I'll give ya was a bust no one played to the level that they was capable of. And 08 we was a YOUNG team and won some game we shouldn't have and lost some we shouldn't have. The Peake will be back, trust they will be back.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Just_A_Fan wrote:
jl724 wrote:why hasnt anyone mentioned chesapeake football the past few years.lol

The Peake will be back, trust they will be back.

When will this be.I honestly think that south point will blow chesapeake out again next year for the 3rd year in a row even after losing 12 or so seniors

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Man EVERY school has a couple down years. Things are starting to run different at the Peake a new since of refocus.

Buckeye2
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2 »

Chesapeake will be better this year than in the past couple years. I could see them going 6-4, but not much better than that.

Return to “Football”