South Gallia @ East

maniac66
All State

Re: South Gallia @ East

Post by maniac66 »

nice way to start the season South Gallia may suprise a few teams they never got down and quit when they fell behind.
This is just a strong team overall wanted to go to it but couldn't make it.
Yes I am bias to them my nephew plays for them but I seen them practice and scrimmage River valley not bad for a first game every game builds that confidence nice win Rebels

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Always good to start off any season with a win

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good job Rebels! Rebels and Raiders both start off the season 1-0!!!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I have to admit that I was surprised at how SG dominated the game. The rebels seemed to wear down the East defense. The scary thing was that had it not been for SG turnovers and penalties the score would have been even more lopsided. I am not in anyway running down a good East team as they will win some games. I am just really pleased with the Rebels performance. It was also nice to see a strong kicking game. 3 pats, nice kickoffs and strong punting. Could be a fun season for Rebel Nation!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I will be the first to admit, I was completely wrong about this game. SG scored by pounding the ball but scored more in 4-5 play drives. It looked like East took over the momentum when SG fumbled and East scored of of it towards the end of the first half but the Rebels didn't give up and came out the second half and completely dominated East. This team may not be the most athletic team but they are big, strong, and executed to almost perfection tonight. Haner runs the Read Option better than any QB I have ever seen at SG and it paid off with his long TD run that even one ref admitted to it faking him out. Despite a couple drives and big plays, the Rebel defense basically shut down East O.

East wasn't a bad team at all. #7 was a good mobile QB who could do a lot of things with his feet an had a couple nice passes and their RB (25?) was fast and ran the ball well. I have to give it to #7 though, after Spurlock hit him off the end on the one pass attempt, he shook it off after a few minutes and came back in the game. If he wasn't knocked out for a few seconds I would be surprised. That could have been one of the hardest hits on a High School QB I have ever seen.

Only thing I seen negative for the Rebels tonight was penalties and they gotta catch the ball when the QB or opposing QB puts it there. Had one TD called back for block in the back, one for sure play action TD pass dropped, and a couple INTs dropped but those are things to be expected in the first game of the year. If they done those things tonight, SG would have racked up 50+. And no disrespect to East, its just the way SG was executing in the second half tonight they wasn't gonna be stopped from the line, to the backs, the QB, and defense. I think this year will be a very exciting season in Mercerville.

Also, hats off to Coach Peck and the rest of the staff tonight. They made some adjustments at halftime and it really paid off in the second half.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Congratulations to The Rebels!

Does South Gallia play any Saturday games this year?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

One last thing, the 4 and 5 wide sets and three man bunch formations seems to confuse defenses and the coaches seemed to always pick the right time to run, throw the short ball, or throw the long ball.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

I don't think they do this year GalliaGrad78.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Good job, Rebels!
BTW, is the new stadium at Mercerville finished yet?

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Not finished yet but when it is it's going to look great

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Congrats to the Rebels on the victory keep it up

badlieutenant
Waterboy

Post by badlieutenant »

Great game Rebels! Best game to start the season in a long time! I would also like to say that I was impressed by the O-line, and the protection they provided for Haner tonight. Of course there were a few mishaps, but other then that he had time to look for receivers or tuck and run if he needed to. Just thought I would commend the line and give them the recognition they deserve for the their part in the win tonight!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

badlieutenant wrote:Great game Rebels! Best game to start the season in a long time! I would also like to say that I was impressed by the O-line, and the protection they provided for Haner tonight. Of course there were a few mishaps, but other then that he had time to look for receivers or tuck and run if he needed to. Just thought I would commend the line and give them the recognition they deserve for the their part in the win tonight!
That O-line is a beast for south Gallia and I look for it to get better a season goes on and they Jell working together Great Win S.G.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Any one have any stats? Heard that Haner had a 100-100 game

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Good Job Rebels!
Good Luck Next Week!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I would say Haner had 100 yards rushing and 150 passing. Great job Cory!!!!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

also White, Spurlock, Matneys, and Baker were beasts on defense. White, Spurlock, and Haner ran well. Cooper did a good job in the recieving department and I was also impressed with the kicking of Wheeler, Haner, and Danny Matney.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

I was very impressed but more so proud of our boys performance tonight. There are so many good things to point out but two players stood out to me most. First, Ethan Spurlock showed up to crack some heads last night. He played a fantastic game defensively, and swarmed to the ball all night. Second, Cory Haner managed the offense as well as I've seen at SG in awhile. He made good decisions and put some touch on the ball. I'm so proud of these boys and missed being on the field with them. Finally, Coach Peck called a GREAT game offensively, kept the defense guessing all night. Once again, congrats boys. You made me so proud to be a part of the SG community.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Great start SG!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Way to go South Gallia! Keep it up all year!

Return to “Football”