Jackson Iromen 2009

ocho stinko
JV Team

Re: Jackson Iromen 2009

Post by ocho stinko »

My guess is that if either player doesn't get to play alot it is all political. Discuss all you want but the new coach will decide who gets to play more. Arguing who is going to start is really selfish. Hopefully, both will contribute. My concern is can the team put together more than three wins. I just didn't see much at the jv level to make me think things will be any better at all next year. Just my opinion.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

ocho stinko

Yea you're right Jv last year didnt go so well but thats also a result of having a lot of freshman(nothing against them)this year they all will have some experience and I think jackson will have at least 6 wins this year. The offense should be pretty good this year depending on who the coach is and Defense shouldnt be bad but this is the starting lineup I think.
OFFENSE

Left Tackle- Frankie Mapes
Left Guard- Ryan Speakman
Center- Ryan Klingaman
Right Guard- Tyler Gillum/Jimmy Brushart
Right Tackle- Aaron Landrum
Tight End- Nathaniel Haller
Qb- Eric Landrum
FullBack- Klay Arthur
TailBack- Dewey Stepp/maybe Meredith
WingBack- Derrick Meredith depends on where they put him on offense
SpiltEnd- Ryan Mullins

Defense

DE-Tyler Gillum
DT-Frankie Mapes
DT-Jimmy Brushart
DE-Ryan Klingaman
OLB-Eric Landrum
MLB-Nathaniel Haller
MLB-Klay Arthur
OLB-Dewey Stepp
CB-Drew Ervin
CB-Ryan Mullins
S-Derrick Meredith

Thats just a thought though.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

I would say that some of last years freshman will see significant time on Friday nights this fall.

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

if it wasnt for the freshman the jv team would not have faired to well. but enough about that lets move on. the coaching position needs to be filled now and not later so whoever is the coach can get some sort of program going, i hope not having a coach right now doesnt keep any kids from playing this year!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If you love football...you should play football.

Coaching should not factor in in most situations. Most all of these kids will be done with football forever in 1 or 2 years....a deemed late hiring of a football coach should not be a decider.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I would think that the interview process has probably started, or will be starting very soon. Shouldn't be too much longer until Jackson hires a coach, but current staff members are running the off season program as usual. The kids will have plenty of time to get used to the new coach and learn the system as long as the hiring process goes as planned.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I think the school will act as soon as possible. Again the problem is there probably no teaching openings. I keep hearing there will be riff's if enough teachers do not retire. I hope that doesn't reduce the coaching pool too much. School has its hands tied. I agree if they would have to hire late should not be a problem. Either you love football and being an Ironmen or you don't! Late hiring hurt when they hired coach May and a couple of players used that as an EXCUSE too jump ship. So I guess it could happen that we could lose a couple of players but I doubt it. The players should thank the coaching staff for opening the weight room and dedicating their time to the program. They do not have to do that. I sound negative sometimes but I do hope the best for the players. Go Ironmen.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The guys who are getting the weight program started care a lot about Jackson football. I'm sure they're still unsure about what the future holds for them with the hiring of a new coach, but they care too much about the program to leave the kids hanging. I agree that they should be commended for that.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

I am sure they have some applications and our sifting through those, they will hire someone by school year end but I agree as long as the kids are doing something in the weight room or running to get prepared for next season that is good. Regardless who the coach is most workouts are the same no matter who is running them.

What matters is in August when the coach puts in his philosphy about offense and defense. I would like to see someone from the outside come in and shake it up a little bit. I think Jackson has become to predictable in recent years.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

5 wide and the gun baby!! Ha Ha

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

You might want to avoid Logan. They are the masters of the universe. :mrgreen:

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Yea logans good, logans real good but i think Jackson has a shot at beating them this year. Call me crazy but thats what i think.

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

JacksonI I will have to agree with you on that, Logan had a couple of good players last season and got lucky in some games but our problem last year we just got out coached. with the seniors and sophmores this year it should be a different story and if they hurry and get a coach in here

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Yes irish08 your right as well this next season with the senior and some soph. Jackson will have it should be a heck of a team i think personally.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

JacksonI I will have to agree with you on that, Logan had a couple of good players last season and got lucky in some games but our problem last year we just got out coached. with the seniors and sophmores this year it should be a different story and if they hurry and get a coach in here

Lucky? Come on. Logan was a much better football team, so was Ironton, Chillicothe, and Zanesville and it had nothing to do with coaching. If you think coaching is the problem, how is Jackson going to get that much better, when the coaching staff will probably remain mostly the same. Wonder how long it will take for you to turn on the new coach. One game, two games..?
Jackson lost their best offensive player, their best defensive player, best two receiving threats, best offensive lineman. That doesn't sound like a team that will necessarily be better than last year's squad. Fans better be patient. Wins are not going to come easily.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

pigskinguru
How is everyone judging how good jackson is going to be this year just off of them getting a new head coach. If everyone remembers i think it was the 2007 jackson jv team went 8-1 (the only loss was to ironton) and the members of that team will be playing varsity this year, not mentioning the talents sophomores they have moving up. About the coaching thing there will still remain some of the older coaches and then the new head coach which everyone will find out who it is on tuesday at the board meeting. Im not saying jackson will go undefeated this year but i see a 6-4, or maybe 7-3 record. My prediction
1.)Wellston (win)[home]
2.)Waverly (win, but very close game)[home]
3.)Vinton (win)[away]
4.)Portsmouth (win)[away]
5.)Galia (win)[home]
6.)Marietta (win)[away]
7.)Ironton(loss)[home]
8.)Chillicothe(loss)[away]
9.)Logan(loss!!)[away]
10.)Zanesville(win)[away]
-Thats if the schedule stays the same as last year

Return to “Football”