Wk. 2 - Chesy vs Wayne WV.

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Re: Wk. 2 - Chesy vs Wayne WV.

Post by Pioneer_PA »

I do want to add, and I think Chesapeake fans will absolutely second this statement...that officiating crew was terrible.

They weren't one-sided...they were just bad. They looked confused MULTIPLE times while trying to mark off penalties...you just never knew what you were going to get tonight.

And kudos to both teams for a clean-played game. 9 turnovers meant it wasn't well-played as a whole, but it was physical and it wasn't dirty.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I will second that. Never seen anyone have to mark off a five yard penalty 3 times and never from the same spot...they werent fit to call a powder puff game. But nothing they did decided the outcome of the game. The interference call at the end against Peake was a little weird but like i said it didnt affect the outcome. Wayne has a great team. Very quick off the line. Only good things to come. Humidity was a killer out there and I bet the guys are still cramping. Im thinking both teams need some new balls. Looks like they were trying to run with a sqirming eel in their hands. If they both cut down on turnovers looks like a great year for both teams. The D line was very quick and gave the Peake offense fits. Good game to build on for the rest of the season. I think both teams will go far. Good luck to both squads.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

some of the best hitting I've seen in years.

i saw 10 turn overs in the game, 5 fumbles on peake, and 3 fumbles, and 2 picks of passes
on Wayne.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

who else do the peake play before ovc? may run the table

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

Symmes valley. Lucasville valley and p west

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

peak will have some tuff games ahead.

shaynew
Riding the Bench

Post by shaynew »

Heres a very possible scenario Wayne wins the State title in there division in WV.Chesapeake loses to Valley and West Portsmouth and doesnt even make the playoffs in Ohio.I dont see the Peake making the playoffs unless they win 1 of those 2 games.I hope they win both of them.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

shaynew wrote:Heres a very possible scenario Wayne wins the State title in there division in WV.Chesapeake loses to Valley and West Portsmouth and doesnt even make the playoffs in Ohio.I dont see the Peake making the playoffs unless they win 1 of those 2 games.I hope they win both of them.
very possible that could happen.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

No doubt about it, this was a very quick/talented wayne team.#1 was one of the best backs ive seen.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OvCman wrote:No doubt about it, this was a very quick/talented wayne team.#1 was one of the best backs ive seen.
peak isn't gonna get any second level points from the OVC teams outside of maybe Coal Grove.

Return to “Football”