2 Privates vs 10 Publics in State Finals for 2011

caglewis
SEOP

Re: 2 Privates vs 10 Publics in State Finals for 2011

Post by caglewis »

Are you all watching this exciting Div 4 game between Kenton and Norwayne?? WOW - how about that 55-yd hail-Mary pass with a reception off a deflection for a Kenton TD at the end of the 2nd qtr.
I'm pulling for Kenton and the Mauk family - Portsmouth West might remember current QB Matt's big brother Ben Mauk - who subsequently played a year for the Cincinnati Bearcats.
Norwayne is up 21 - 14 at the half - their QB Wallace is PDG himself, and their defense has sacked Mauk 3 times - but don't count Kenton out yet. It's a great game.
Last edited by caglewis on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:that was a good set of 3 games yesterday. my heart just bleeds for coldwater. i've not seen anything like this in sports since the bill's lost 4 super bowls in a row.
Maria Stein Marion Local roared in this morning and avenged their MAC conference mate Coldwater's loss with a big time win of their own.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

DIV 4 FINAL - OMG - WHAT A GREAT GAME WITH SO MANY UNBELIEVABLE PLAYS BY BOTH TEAMS
CRESTON [just east of I 71 slightly SW of Akron] NORWAYNE 48 in their first appearance in a Championship game vs KENTON [on US 68 between Bellefontaine and Findlay] 42.
2 spectacular QB's - 2 great teams - THAT is what STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Games are supposed to be!
I was on my feet, yelling. screaming, and clapping in my living room all by myself. Yes, I was cheering more for Kenton, and was sad they let it get away; but I can't fault Norwayne at all - they played it - they earned it - they deserve to be a STATE CHAMPION! BEST GAME SO FAR
Last edited by caglewis on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

caglewis wrote:Are you all watching this exciting Div 4 game between Kenton and Norwayne?? WOW - how about that 55-yd hail-Mary pass with a reception off a deflection for a Kenton TD at the end of the 2nd qtr.
I'm pulling for Kenton and the Mauk family - Portsmouth West might remember current QB Matt's big brother Ben Mauk - who subsequently played a year for the Cincinnati Bearcats.
Norwayne is up 21 - 14 at the half - their QB Wallace is PDG himself, and their defense has sacked Mauk 3 times - but don't count Kenton out yet. It's a great game.
I'm glad Norwayne won. Mauk and that spread get to much pub and even the announcers didn't really think Norwayne had a chance. Their QB had an excellent game and if it weren't for the hail mary right at the half after it bounced of two CN player's, the missed extra point and field goal and the two onside kicks recovered by Kenton in the second half it would have been at least a 21 point win for Norwayne. Underdog showed up, Good job Bobcats !!!!!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

So if you apply statistics and there are four times as many public schools as there are private schools the numbers should look something like this:
Public=151
Private=51
Must be something to the private VS public argument!

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Might have only been 2 privates, but they both won.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

camnott wrote:So if you apply statistics and there are four times as many public schools as there are private schools the numbers should look something like this:
Public=151
Private=51
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------that's what ole ytb has been tryin to say.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and the 2 games the private schools were in they won. as i said they would.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

camnott wrote:So if you apply statistics and there are four times as many public schools as there are private schools the numbers should look something like this:
Public=151
Private=51

It's closer to 9 times as many.
Statistically speaking there is definitely something to this argument, and it doesn't take a 25 person committee commissioned by OHSAA to figure this out.
Oh, wait, apparently it does.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

trojandave wrote:I have never had a problem with the private/public issue, and this just proves why. It won't turn out like this every year, but public schools have proven they can compete and win championships.
Turn out like what?
10% of the schools in the state that field football teams represent nearly 20% of the Finals participants in an "up year" for the publics.
That same 10% has won 50% of the state titles from '72 to present.
Respectfully, you don't have a leg to stand on.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Should have been only one private. Ask the Mooney fans what happened in the Steubenville game.

Return to “Football”