Wheelersburg Pirates 2009 Season

eddie
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2009 Season

Post by eddie »

The Qb will take care of its self. What i want to know is if Craigmiles can become a better player, more complete player-- on O and D this year. He has all of the physical tools but might lack mental toughness. What kind of Fotball IQ does he have??????? i remember seeing him make great plays on D and then take a few plays OFF.

On Offense he has to be able to run up the middle some to open up the outside. Everyone knows he is fast but does he have the skills to run the middle and to catch the ball out of the backfield or lined up as a receiver?????????????

IF NOT----- than his physical skills are not much help.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I agree he will play D no matter what, the difference might be where he plays on D. I am not sure you want your qb playing Lbacker.
PirateFan_2010 wrote:Lang has a better arm, and he will play D no matter what he plays on O

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

ttt

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

what about scotty walker? i hope he is hitting the weights hard because he needs to get a lot stronger both as a running back and d-line

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

all i can say, lots and lots of athletes. Coach Woodward will have his work cut out for him finding a way to get all of them involved and bought in. Good problem for any coach to have. Depending on the rehab, and last I heard he was benching 285, ran a 4.6 40 and has a 30+ vert. thats post rehab, tyler lang is one of the best all around football players in the area. This could be a very good team.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

IMO keep shank at the QB as he does have more varsity QB experience. Schanks arm will continue to improve and should be better this season. Put Lang at RB and give him the ball, with Craigmiles and Walker.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

you have to run craigmiles more than 4 to 5 times a game.

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

If he ran hard he would run it more than 4-5 times a game. Also, Burg needs him to play every snap on the other side of the ball. Some kids can run it 15 times a game and play every snap on the other side. Coach woodward must not think hes one of them. What a talent. Additionally, If craigmiles runs it 15 times a game, how many touches does lang get? how about walker? Shank? there are lots of athletes on this team and a lot of what determines the amount of success they have is how well can they spread the ball around. And to me, a lot of that falls on the qbs shoulders. should be an outstanding season!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Don't forget about stegman and kemper at the wideouts. Nice size targets for the qb.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Do Leslie and Bendolph play football ?

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Tyler at qb-speed and strength may be pretty even with shank but lang is 6 or 6'1 shank 5'9 and then there is the arm strength issue. Heck for that matter heard from a coach that whitley was 1st in the shuttle and had te 2nd best 40 and vert. and arm strength is there...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

satis5 wrote:Tyler at qb-speed and strength may be pretty even with shank but lang is 6 or 6'1 shank 5'9 and then there is the arm strength issue. Heck for that matter heard from a coach that whitley was 1st in the shuttle and had te 2nd best 40 and vert. and arm strength is there...

i've heard that shank will be the qb. i could be wrong but that is just what i've heard

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'll be surprised if Tyler plays much on offense. He will a valuable asset to the Burg on defense and not really sure where he would even play on offense. The backfield will be loaded and not really sure if they need him at WR.

Does anyone know where Bendolph plays? I would say that as fast as he is on the basketball court he would be equally as fast on the football field. May not be with the pads on and maybe he doesn't even play football.

Should be a great year for the Pirates. Granted they lost a few nice players (White,Hopper, J. Schank) but I think they have players capable of stepping up and filling those spots and not lose a beat.

This will probably be one of, if not the fastest Burg team ever. Lot of team speed on both sides of the ball.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Bendolph played football last year. That doesn't mean he won't play next year though.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6x10
Waterboy

Post by 6x10 »

From starting QB as jr. to not playing offense asr. OK?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i'm lookin forward to seein what the burg has in the 09 season

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

19 sr, 19 jr, 10 soph, 30 fresh. approx. is what i am told. that is impressive. hard to beat 40 upper classmen. u talk about competition--wow! but can they put it all together? will they all be team players?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The more players you have only going one way the better. I think he will see time on O though.
6x10 wrote:From starting QB as jr. to not playing offense asr. OK?

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

ttt

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:I may be mistaken, but I don't think Bendolph played football last year. That doesn't mean he won't play next year though.

bendolph played his freshman year, did not play last year.

I heard he was going to play football ay Burg now, but just what I heard,not sure.

Return to “Football”