All SOC

JohnKnight
Varsity

All SOC

Post by JohnKnight »

Southern Ohio Conference
2011 Football All-Stars

SOC I – First Team
Grant Foster (Symmes Valley), Garrett Foster (Symmes Valley), Alec Herrell (Symmes Valley), Cody Myers (Symmes Valley), D.J. Miller (Symmes Valley), Nick Clay (Symmes Valley), Scott Dial (Symmes Valley), Caleb Holderby (Symmes Valley), Cody Belveal (East), Justin Crager (East), John Watkins (East), Nathan Bradford (East), Brad Pierron (Notre Dame), Matt Malone (Notre Dame), Austin Born (Notre Dame), Kevin Lewis (Notre Dame), Chris Fairchild (Oak Hill), Daniel Woods (Oak Hill), Wes Harden (Oak Hill), Justin Dickens (Oak Hill), Mike Avery (Green), Cody Bruce (Green).
SOC I – Second Team
Austin Baldwin (Symmes Valley), Jordan Fulford (Symmes Valley), Tyler Rowe (Symmes Valley), Austin Elrod (East), Chris Rittner (East), Sammy Elliott (East), Jacob Milani (Notre Dame), Michael Mader (Notre Dame), Jack Kayser (Notre Dame), Drew Haislop (Oak Hill), Devon Davis (Oak Hill), Jonathon Harrison (Oak Hill), Bob McClain (Green).
SOC I Champions- Symmes Valley
SOC I Co-Backs of the Year- Alec Herrell (Symmes Valley), Cody Belveal (East)
SOC I Lineman of the Year- Grant Foster (Symmes Valley)
SOC I Coach of the Year- Rusty Webb (Symmes Valley)
SOC I (Order of Finish) – Symmes Valley (4-0), East (2-2), Notre Dame (2-2), Oak Hill (2-2), Green ( 0-4).

SOC II- First Team
Blake Yates (Valley), Luke Keller (Valley), Curt Crabtree (Valley), Tyler Rowe (Valley), Alex Hartley (Valley), Patrick Riehl (Valley), Trevor High (Valley), Robbie Dwyer (Valley), Levi Ratliff (Portsmouth West), Cody Bricker (Portsmouth West), Adam Bricker (Portsmouth West), Kyle Auger (Portsmouth West), Adam Newman (Portsmouth West), Alex Shears (Wheelersburg), Mark O’Brien (Wheelersburg), Eric Ball (Wheelersburg), Brett Hood (Wheelersburg), Jacob Knight (Waverly), Taylor Ward (Waverly), Trevon Bolin-Hitchens (Waverly), Tyler Gaines (Minford), Erik Gambill (Minford), Luke Brown (Northwest).
SOC II- Second Team
JJ Hettinger (Valley), Nate Arnett (Valley), Steven Kearney (Valley), Tyler Rideout (Portsmouth West), Conway Cooper (Portsmouth West), Philip Carnes (Portsmouth West), Eddie Miller (Wheelersburg), Dylan Miller (Wheelersburg), Shandan Hitchens (Waverly), Nathan Howard (Waverly), Kyle Snyder (Minford), Tyler Vastine (Northwest), Taylor Hamilton (Northwest).
SOC II Champions- Valley
SOC II Co-Backs of the Year- Luke Keller (Valley), Blake Yates (Valley)
SOC II Co-Lineman of the Year- Curtis Crabtree (Valley)
SOC II Co-Lineman of the Year-Jacob Knight (Waverly)
SOC II Coach of the Year- Darren Crabtree (Valley)
SOC II (Order of Finish) – Valley (5-0), Portsmouth West (4-1), Wheelersburg (3-2), Waverly Tigers (2-3), Minford (1-4), Northwest (0-5).

coop
SEOPS

Re: All SOC

Post by coop »

Congrats to all of the players.

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

from an outsider and of the kids I saw play. Keller is as good a back as I have ever seen in HS uniform. Yates is outstanding and the Auger kid from Portsmouth are the three that popped out at me. I'm sure all of these kids mentioned are good. But like I said from an outsider, these three were impressive!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

How Valley did not have the top SOC II honors all by itself is beyond me.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

Why in the world would you post that Keyser?

SportsFanatic
Waterboy

Post by SportsFanatic »

I believe...from what I observed this season....Luke Brown from Northwest should have garnered Back of the Year honors. No disrespect to Keller, but Brown did more with a lot worse line than what Keller had the luxury of having.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

No explanation?

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

keyser, if you take all these players mentioned above put them on one team line them up, valley gets a royal wood shed beating. That is why valley did not receive all #1s

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

fan4sure wrote:keyser, if you take all these players mentioned above put them on one team line them up, valley gets a royal wood shed beating. That is why valley did not receive all #1s
I agree with you 100%. All the kids on this list have earned this award

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:How Valley did not have the top SOC II honors all by itself is beyond me.
What? You get a ceratin number of selections based on your league finish. First place gets the most spots, then so on and so forth down the line. That's how it's always been. Valley was very good this year, but don't think they were the greatest team to ever grace the SOC II and should receive every first team spot.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

IRONFALCON.....There's still time to make it out to Wal-Mart.....and get — on sale even — a clue for Christmas.

I'm talking about Back of the Year, Lineman of the Year, Coach of the Year (and I'm sure some mongers on here want Popcorn Vendor of the Year, Ticket Taker of the Year, etc). THOSE top honors. Not all of Valley's kids making all first team.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:IRONFALCON.....There's still time to make it out to Wal-Mart.....and get — on sale even — a clue for Christmas.

I'm talking about Back of the Year, Lineman of the Year, Coach of the Year (and I'm sure some mongers on here want Popcorn Vendor of the Year, Ticket Taker of the Year, etc). THOSE top honors. Not all of Valley's kids making all first team.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well maybe we can carpool. :lol:

Looks to me like they got Back of the Year (twice), and Coach of the Year, and Linemen of the Year (even if it was shared). Yeah they shared one with another kid from another school, big deal. Without a doubt Valley was the best team in SOC II this year. But that doesn't mean other kids aren't just as deserving to get an individual honor here and there.

I'm sure the only award anyone from Valley really cares about is that Golden Football they'll be putting in the trophy case.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

IRONFALCON wrote: I'm sure the only award anyone from Valley really cares about is that Golden Football they'll be putting in the trophy case.

Yeah, WOULDA,SHOULDA, COULDA...... But that regional and state championship trophy woulda looked nice also! :122249

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

southernohsportsfan wrote:I believe...from what I observed this season....Luke Brown from Northwest should have garnered Back of the Year honors. No disrespect to Keller, but Brown did more with a lot worse line than what Keller had the luxury of having.
Brown is a very good player and had an outstanding career at NW. In fact, it's a minor miracle the boy can still walk after all of the carries and the punishment that he took. But if you think the kid is/was a better player than Keller or Yates then I can't help but wonder what you are smoking... I've seen Brown play 8-10 times the last 3 years and the kid had some talent, but he doesn't touch Keller's numbers even playing behind Valley's line. Two totally different levels of ability.

As for the awards and the selections, I think the SOC coaches got it just right... Valley won the league and had some big numbers on the offensive side of the ball so it's hard to argue with anything they were given. Each of the kids from every team are very deserving!

SportsFanatic
Waterboy

Post by SportsFanatic »

To say that Keller has a "totally different level of ability" in comparison to Brown is completely inaccurate. I would agree that Valley won the division and made a deep run and most awards were deserving. I am just stating the facts that if he had Valley's line in front of him, he would have a whole lot more than 1100 yrds that he rushed for. Place Keller behind NW line and see just how many yards he would have gotten. Again, not to down grade Keller's performance this year. He had an outstanding season. But no one will change my mind that he wasn't the best back in the SOC.

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

I'm sorry but you are wrong his skill set and work ethic pushed him and his team to entirely different level this year. To say that "most awards were deserving" completely discredits anything you have to say after that. What ifs could make alot of kids all everything. But we don't live in what ifs. Great TEAMS make ALL the awards very much deserved. Give credit where credit is due and stop trying to downgrade Keller's and Yates performance by saying anyone could have done it. No, anyone couldn't have done it. But the Valley TEAM did do it and they deserve a little more respect for there accomplishments. And Northwest TEAM doesn't deserve all the negative comments about them either.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Without stirring up too much of a rowdy mess, could someone please post SOC numbers (not including the non-league games) for Yates, Keller, Brown...and how about Shears of Wheelersburg, Ratliff and Auger of West, Bolin and Ward of Waverly, along with Gaines from Minford?

I would be particularly interested to see how everyone did in games against the better teams in the league (order of league finish Valley, West, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Minford, Northwest). I would expect a couple of things to be glaringly obvious. I think it's very easy to say that Brown would have put up more with a line like Valley's (or West's, Minford's, Wheelersburg's, or even Waverly's for that matter). However, it will also be pretty evident that Brown got a lot more touches on the season than Keller, Yates, Ratliff, Auger, Gaines, etc because he wasn't splitting carries/touches nearly as much. Also, by taking away the non-league schedules, we will be taking away one of the variables in terms of level of competition. Then, the only fact left is how they performed againt the same competition in the amount of touches they got. We will NEVER be able to prove who would have done what with someone else's line. It's nothing more than speculation. I'd be willing to bet if we were going on just overall numbers alone, Shears probably put up the best numbers of all the kids mentioned, as he consistently got 30+ touches in every game and Wheelersburg's offense was run through him consistently. I don't think numbers alone can be used to guage awards. I also put much more stock in league numbers than I do overall numbers.

For the record, I think all of the kids that I mentioned above (along with many others) were all excellent players. And, I think they were all very deserving of the honors bestowed on them by the coaches in the league. I hope they all get a chance to continue play at the next level.

SportsFanatic
Waterboy

Post by SportsFanatic »

I can respect the last post. I would like to see those numbers and overall yards from scrimmage including punt and kickoff returns as well. It would be interesting to see.

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

Luke Keller has been awarded D V 1st team all state & offensive player of the year! Case closed end of discussion.

Return to “Football”