How about Southern Ohio football!

Chieftain
Varsity

Re: How about Southern Ohio football!

Post by Chieftain »

Every reason you listed can be applied to hundreds of schools all around Ohio. $$$ is a problem every where. Rural schools are in every corner of the state. But narrow numbers define each division. No excuse there. Many have to travel to get good competition. The difference is, they don't make excuses and just DO IT. SEO , however, uses excuses to avoid doing the right thing. Schedules wimpss. Avoid real competition. Make excuses. Then complain when the playoffs start and you get your heads handed to ya. This has been going on for decades. The area is so parochial and backward its laughable.

You got it coming. Continue to do nothing while the rest of the state laughs at you. They do what it takes.

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

i'll never understand how an adult can revel in the failure of a bunch of teenagers. you have issues.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Plain City J. Alder is Amish country.... farms, cows , corn...... Beallsville is rural , coal mines, farms, cows and poor. I can go down the list with good teams this year that have "issues", but they do the right thing.Good schedules, good competition, travel, tight budgets.Marion Local. St. Henry. Patrick Henry. Western Reserve.........etc, etc, etc, etc,

People around the state expect nothing of you because you don't do the right thing. And they are correct.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

BTW, I don't have "issues" with kids. Kids don't do the scheduling. I have issues with ADULTS -- coaches, administrators, Boards , the communities at large. They are the ones responsible for the embarrassment that is SEO. Nice try at another cheap charge. You can't avoid what is obvious to all -- the kids aren't the ones to blame. They haven't been challenged, they have been trained, they haven't been tested. They are the ones simply getting their butts beat because of adults "with issues" who don't put them in a position to succeed.

If the shoe fits ......................................

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

So what is your solution old wise one? I actually agree with you. Yes, SE Ohio football pales in comparison to most of the state, but, who doesn't already know this? What is the purpose of your never ending ramblings about the short comings of this part of the state? Do you get off on demeaning others? Do you have a hidden agenda that stems from your own personal failures? Or do you actually want SE Ohio football to improve? I'm guessing the latter isn't the case but I'll be awaiting your response.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Are these traditional powers that regularly win state titles or are they regional winnners that get their clock cleaned at state? What is their commute time to find quality competition in terms of time/distance? WHo are you advocating regional teams play? To me, it is what it is and most folks in our region are resigned to the fact that our teams will rarely, if ever, be a state championship caliber team. Sure there are chest thumpers on here that believe their teams are all world every year but those people are, quite frankly, clueless. It still doesn't explain your hostility to the region. If we recognize it for what it is, outside of a handful of posters, then what's your beef? Your hostility towards the region surely can't be defined by a handful of "WHINERS" and "CHEST THUMPERS".

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

BTW, I don't have "issues" with kids. Kids don't do the scheduling. I have issues with ADULTS -- coaches, administrators, Boards , the communities at large. They are the ones responsible for the embarrassment that is SEO. Nice try at another cheap charge. You can't avoid what is obvious to all -- the kids aren't the ones to blame. They haven't been challenged, they have been trained, they haven't been tested. They are the ones simply getting their butts beat because of adults "with issues" who don't put them in a position to succeed.

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

Paladin_II wrote:BTW, I don't have "issues" with kids. Kids don't do the scheduling. I have issues with ADULTS -- coaches, administrators, Boards , the communities at large. They are the ones responsible for the embarrassment that is SEO. Nice try at another cheap charge. You can't avoid what is obvious to all -- the kids aren't the ones to blame. They haven't been challenged, they have been trained, they haven't been tested. They are the ones simply getting their butts beat because of adults "with issues" who don't put them in a position to succeed.

if you didnt have issues with the kids you wouldnt be putting them down every time you post. when you attack a program you attack everyone involved, including the players.

i dont understand how you get off putting down an ironton program when they do everything you say a successful program should do. if you think ironton teams are not tested or trained well enough then you are senile.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

HAHA this Paladin dude cracks me up. Talks about how bad the teams are then says he isn't talking about the players. How clueless can you be? lol

FridayNightLights
Waterboy

Post by FridayNightLights »

I dont buy this we are the poorest region crap. Every stinking school in the SE seems like they have new stadiums and turf. I took a van load of kids to the Alder/Jackson game at Logan and the first thing the kids noticed was the school and said is Logan a D1 school? Then they noticed Jackson's charter style buses and said look at the buses they get. We travel everywhere on plain old fashioned yellow school buses.

The travel and scheduling issues are usually made by people that dont care about sports - adminstration, etc. so you cant really blame the programs. You cant control who is in your league that you must schedule but your non-league games you need to look at scheduling up a division or two and also go for teams that will help you with points. There are some good teams in in SE ohio but they need to take it to the next level. Look at Ironton - they had an off year but still get into the playoffs with 4 losses.

Nothing wrong with not advancing out of the region. The first goal is to consistently get to the playoffs, the second goal is to get out of the region, the third goal is to win the state. Remember the new 8 team regional format lets a crap load (double) the number of teams compete in the playoffs. This was done solely as a money raiser for OHSAA and the schools. But by the same token 50/% of these teams are not in the playoffs in the old system.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

I'm not selling anything. It's a fact! It's one element of the overall problems in SEO and very little has to do with scheduling. If scheduling was the issue then Northwest should be a perennial power. Instead, they are lucky to win 5 games in a given year. Every team they play is bigger, better and stronger.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I am not only proud of Southeast Ohio football but other sports as well. We do not have the satellite cities the likes of Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland to draw from. We don't have a Toledo as in the Northwest and the Northeast is packed with Canton, Akron and Youngstown within an hour of each other. Ironton has won titles in football and baseball. The Trojans have won titles in basketball and Wheelersburg has won a football title as well. Consider the odds of that happening, then you can truly appreciate what the forgotten or ignored area of the state has achieved. And never forget, the team with the most wins in the state of Ohio, and most poll championships, has never won a championship on the field. Massilon.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin_II wrote:BTW, I don't have "issues" with kids. Kids don't do the scheduling. I have issues with ADULTS -- coaches, administrators, Boards , the communities at large. They are the ones responsible for the embarrassment that is SEO. Nice try at another cheap charge. You can't avoid what is obvious to all -- the kids aren't the ones to blame. They haven't been challenged, they have been trained, they haven't been tested. They are the ones simply getting their butts beat because of adults "with issues" who don't put them in a position to succeed.

You are such a douche. The only thing getting laughed at is you from our part of the state. In EVERY state there are areas that excel in certain sports. Big deal'

You are a loser. A loser because of how you act on here and how you put people down. You must have a very fragile ego. Putting people down makes YOU feel better. No wonder you were ran out of this part of the state. Or how you modestly put it "left coaching for your kids".

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Wow ! Sensitive are we ? For certain ,you appear to be correct -- in every state there are areas that excell in certain sports. In SEO, it certainly isn't football. Record is quite clear on that. And no one is making any effort to change that. Oh well . One question -- why should the kids work hard on football when the adults do nothing to put them in a position to be successful on a statewide basis ? Maybe soccer is the answer ?

lol

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Ok, ok, ok.. Southeastern Ohio football sucks. Now go away.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

paladin, i'll tell you what , if you want to be a man. come to facebook, where there is an identity. you see actual pictures of people , who are accountable for their ramblings.no chickencrap stuff there, you say it there. you are instantly accountable.

until then, and only then, will i ever discuss sports with you. you have been kicked off here so many times. and like locusts you keep coming back. the people that run this site must not realize it, but it does make us sound uneducated arguing with you.
that's only because you are not man enough to identify yourself.

YOU ARE NOT GOOD FOR THIS SITE AS THEY MUST THINK, YOU ARE A CANCER. IF I WERE RUNNING THIS THE CANCER WOULD BE GONE, NEVER TO COME BACK

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin_II wrote:Wow ! Sensitive are we ? For certain ,you appear to be correct -- in every state there are areas that excell in certain sports. In SEO, it certainly isn't football. Record is quite clear on that. And no one is making any effort to change that. Oh well . One question -- why should the kids work hard on football when the adults do nothing to put them in a position to be successful on a statewide basis ? Maybe soccer is the answer ?

lol
In my playing days in high school we didnt win any regional championships or compete at the state level in football. That still doesnt mean the kids didnt go away with certain attributes that they will take with them the rest of their lives. Courage, compassion, competitiveness, persistence, respectfulness....etc etc etc.

Do you not agree with that Paladin? Do you agree that these are things today's kids need to be more successful in the game of life?

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

All good principles. And yet................ most on here talk about winning, thumping their chests (against weak competition ) and then wailing when they lose to teams out of the area. The cheating refs, those Northerners, the "unfair" competition, etc. Its pathetic to read much of the garbage here. Basically, its SEO against the World ( unfortunately, the World does it the right way while backward SEO does its wrong and never tries to do it right ( hey, they might lose a game or two ). If the principles really trump the losing , stop complaining or making excuses. Lose like a man and shut up (tell that to the Itown crew who has an excuse and a complaint about everything,lol). And as for Jackson, decade after decade of wimp schedules and can't even be considered a regional power . Just another faker waiting to be exposed.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

In my opinion I think the issue comes down to a few things. However, first I think we must point out that there are several awesome program in SE Ohio and that SE ohio covers a large area. Now in my opinion it starts with $$ and location. It is difficult to attract a lot of good people to poor school districts. Now the 2nd part is you must have a community that is 100% backing of all the sports program and has a great youth program. I think you can only play the schools that are close to you, but if your team is far and away better than them, you cannot let your kids get over-confident. You have to set their goals beyond beating up on the weaker teams they play and convince them they need to dominate the tougher opponents they play if they want to be prepared for post-season. DO NOT let anyone tell you that a state title cannot be won at any SE Ohio school, however realize that it takes a lot of work from a lot of supporters including the players and coaches. In my opinion I think overall player development is down in SE Ohio partially because kids play video games instead of work on their game in a fun way with friends, etc This puts a greater emphasis on the coaches to start teaching the game younger and younger and develop these kids once they get to hs. As a parent I am going to always find different fun ways to get my son and daughter to work on their abilities, physically and mentally. The moment anyone of us think we are "good enough" or that we cannot continue to learn and improve that is when you're done! I think some SE Ohio schools fall into that mindset of being "good enough" and then don't realize they need to continue to develop until this hit the postseason.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin_II wrote:All good principles. And yet................ most on here talk about winning, thumping their chests (against weak competition ) and then wailing when they lose to teams out of the area. The cheating refs, those Northerners, the "unfair" competition, etc. Its pathetic to read much of the garbage here. Basically, its SEO against the World ( unfortunately, the World does it the right way while backward SEO does its wrong and never tries to do it right ( hey, they might lose a game or two ). If the principles really trump the losing , stop complaining or making excuses. Lose like a man and shut up (tell that to the Itown crew who has an excuse and a complaint about everything,lol). And as for Jackson, decade after decade of wimp schedules and can't even be considered a regional power . Just another faker waiting to be exposed.
Thanks for proving my point.

The kids get all of these principles if they win one game during the season or they are the state champs. That is what sticks with them for the rest of their lives. Do you really think these kids (who it is all about anyway) look back 15 years later and say "Man I wish our AD would have scheduled up. We could have all done something with our lives if we didnt go 10-0 and get beat in the first round of the playoffs by that team that was just better than us".

Your philosophy is flawed at every angle. Based on YOUR angle on this, there are 6 schools a year that did the right thing in their scheduling. The rest of them sucked at it. They played weak competition, because they didnt win it all. Oh, and they are never the same 6 schools year after year. Your percentages are dropping!

In case you missed this important fact, Ironton is 7th in all time wins, has the longest unbeaten streak in the history of Ohio football, 9th in playoff wins and a few state titles. Oh and 3rd all time state playoff appearances, only 3 behind the leader.

I guess they are doing something right in Ironton.

Return to “Football”