NY vs. Nelsonville York

CavsFan08
JV Team

NY vs. Nelsonville York

Post by CavsFan08 »

Every week it is just the same NY posters debating about how much they will beat other teams by, and how they just reload every year and that their program is the beat all. So I thought I would create a topic so those same guys could debate each other on here again and can stay off of other schools threads.

This is in response to the TVC 2012 thread. Come on, you just wanted to start a thread to talk about NY football more because the lack of discussion on the Alexander vs. Ny thread this week.

NYF
Freshman Team

Re: NY vs. Nelsonville York

Post by NYF »

Cavs - Its the same posters. Not the posters that know the game. These guys talk the crap but can't back it up. They don't understand what it takes to play the game. The true NY posters won't talk this way, they know its won on the field not on web sites.
I guess I would take NY by3.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

What was wrong with his topic? He asked about the other schools in the Ohio and Hocking as well. I don't understand the problem?

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

The Bucks will be just fine next year...
I expect the Buckeye's will beat Alex on Friday, just as I expect them to win every week.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Just some more Buckeye Envy by cavsfan.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

[ So I thought I would create a topic so those same guys could debate each other on here again and can stay off of other schools threads.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BUCKEYE ENVY

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

So now were only allowed to talk about certain teams on certain threads??????????

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

All cavs fan was wanting was to entertain himself and hear you say BUCKEYE ENVY!!!

I too think it's funny but NY is hardly the only school that has fans that say this. Check out the Ironton threads, It's TIGER ENVY
there and so on and so on.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

But I do believe the TVC thread was started by an NY fan.

Buckeye Backer
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Backer »

Really CavsFan? Are you serious? Did you even read the thread? It was a thread about the league as a whole, not a single team. The idea was for fans of ALL of TVC teams to post their thoughts on their team next year. I posted my thoughts on NY. I could have posted on what I thought other teams had, but I think that fans of those teams are in a much better position to discuss what their team might look like. I made it for TVC teams simply because that is the league in which we play. If we played in another league, I would have made it about that league. If I wanted to start a thread about 2012 NY Football specifically, I would have done so. If I was from Timbuktu and wanted to start a thread about my team specifically, I would have done so.

If you would take the time to review my few posts on here, they are certainly not all "NY is invincible" types of posts. In fact, I think they are just the opposite. While I am certainly a Buckeye and a lifelong fan, I also try to have realistic a realistic view of the team. This week, I think NY will beat Alexander. Last week, I said that I thought Athens would beat Alexander. Next week, I will say that we should beat Athens. Many Bulldog fans will say that they will beat us. That's kind of the way most of these boards work....Rah, rah, sis, boom, bah....Go team!

I haven't read every post in every thread on the board, but I have yet to see any fans continuously post about how bad they are or the fact that they have no prospects for the future. I expect fans to support their own team just as I do. Many are very vociferous in their support. If other fans have been a little overzealous in their support of a team (whether it is NY or any other team), that isn't on me.

Prior to replying to your thread I re-read the 2012 TVC thread with an eye toward trying to see your point, but I just don't. If I thought it was somehow out of line, I would have removed it. I guess I am just a little flummoxed as to how the thread is somehow NY-centric when I only discussed the team which with I am most familiar and then invited EVERYONE to post about THEIR team. I never dreamed that it would be an issue.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

buckfan84 wrote:All cavs fan was wanting was to entertain himself and hear you say BUCKEYE ENVY!!!

I too think it's funny but NY is hardly the only school that has fans that say this. Check out the Ironton threads, It's TIGER ENVY
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'll be the first to admit there was a certain poster who was too old to play on a computer. but i'm not sayin any names, that cried chieftain envy on every post. that warranted the tiger envy stuff ----------------------frankly i hope that starts again with no team, for about 24 years.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
buckfan84 wrote:All cavs fan was wanting was to entertain himself and hear you say BUCKEYE ENVY!!!

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'll be the first to admit there was a certain poster who was too old to play on a computer. but i'm not sayin any names, that cried chieftain envy on every post. that warranted the tiger envy stuff ----------------------frankly i hope that starts again with no team, for about 24 years.

I agree. I certainly hope you realize I wasn't dissing Ironton. Way too much respect from this NY fan.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Buckeye Backer wrote:Really CavsFan? Are you serious? Did you even read the thread? It was a thread about the league as a whole, not a single team. The idea was for fans of ALL of TVC teams to post their thoughts on their team next year. I posted my thoughts on NY. I could have posted on what I thought other teams had, but I think that fans of those teams are in a much better position to discuss what their team might look like. I made it for TVC teams simply because that is the league in which we play. If we played in another league, I would have made it about that league. If I wanted to start a thread about 2012 NY Football specifically, I would have done so. If I was from Timbuktu and wanted to start a thread about my team specifically, I would have done so.

If you would take the time to review my few posts on here, they are certainly not all "NY is invincible" types of posts. In fact, I think they are just the opposite. While I am certainly a Buckeye and a lifelong fan, I also try to have realistic a realistic view of the team. This week, I think NY will beat Alexander. Last week, I said that I thought Athens would beat Alexander. Next week, I will say that we should beat Athens. Many Bulldog fans will say that they will beat us. That's kind of the way most of these boards work....Rah, rah, sis, boom, bah....Go team!

I haven't read every post in every thread on the board, but I have yet to see any fans continuously post about how bad they are or the fact that they have no prospects for the future. I expect fans to support their own team just as I do. Many are very vociferous in their support. If other fans have been a little overzealous in their support of a team (whether it is NY or any other team), that isn't on me.
Well said. I'm telling you though, it is simply to get a rise out of NY fans and say Buckeye Envy because it makes smile and if that's all it takes to make someone smile well then BUCKEYE ENVY away.
Prior to replying to your thread I re-read the 2012 TVC thread with an eye toward trying to see your point, but I just don't. If I thought it was somehow out of line, I would have removed it. I guess I am just a little flummoxed as to how the thread is somehow NY-centric when I only discussed the team which with I am most familiar and then invited EVERYONE to post about THEIR team. I never dreamed that it would be an issue.

Well said. I'm telling you though, it is simply to get a rise out of NY fans and say Buckeye Envy because it makes smile and if that's all it takes to make someone smile well then BUCKEYE ENVY away.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

I'll say it, CavsFan appears to by a smart$%^. He has a beef with N-Y for whatever reason. Yes there are fans on here that do not have any knowledge of the game and yes they are aggravating. Who cares, this is America, its easy CavsFan, DONT READ THE POST. Now snuggle up with your blankie and take a nap. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Bucks84 guessed it. I just wanted to see how many posts it would take for the arrogant 'Buckeye Envy' to show up!

Rut, My blankie is getting a little worn after so many years of sleeping with it. Care to spring a new one for me?

Maybe I will create a shirt that says 'Buckeye Envy' in green and gold, red and black, maroon and silver, and whatever you call those colors of meigs and sell them as a fundraiser for blankie.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

CavsFan08 wrote:Bucks84 guessed it. I just wanted to see how many posts it would take for the arrogant 'Buckeye Envy' to show up!

Rut, My blankie is getting a little worn after so many years of sleeping with it. Care to spring a new one for me?

Maybe I will create a shirt that says 'Buckeye Envy' in green and gold, red and black, maroon and silver, and whatever you call those colors of meigs and sell them as a fundraiser for blankie.
Gotta give you credit for causing a stir with the N-Y fans. Name the color of the new blankie and its yours. I'll even pay for U.P.S. next day delivery. Keep stirring, where else can we have this much fun for free!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

It would have to be free for CavsFan08 to participate, as he doesn't even have a job.
We are propably paying for his internet.
Bottom Feeder and NY hater gotta love it.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY vs. Nelsonville York. Tough call! I'm not sure who would win that epic battle. On the one hand, you have the potent offense of NY. On the other hand, you have the killer defense of Nelsonville-York. I'm just not sure who would win this epic battle!!!! :mrgreen:

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

And those fans on both sides. HORRIBLE. Won't share blankets and one side tells the other it's BUCKEYE ENVY, the other side shoots a cannon, then the fireworks (literally) and quickly the situation is out of hand!!!!!

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Bux is this an argument about how your taxes directly go to me because I am on welfare and that brings my football knowlege to a level that is subpar comared to yours? I am shocked by your judgmental ways Bux.

You NY people should know more than anyone that 99% of what people say on here is poppycock!

I am just trying to be the little pin...The pin that keeps your heads deflated enough so you can walk into doorways.

Return to “Football”