Oak Hill '09

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Oak Hill '09

Post by LetItRide »

How will the Oaks fair in 2009?
Will they have the same coaching staff?
Changes need to be made, but what will the changes be?

96stroker
JV Team

Re: Oak Hill '09

Post by 96stroker »

7-3 last year with young team , not bad is it ?

3sportSeason
Waterboy

Post by 3sportSeason »

hear they may be looking for another quarterback...either way if one leaves = trouble for Oaks

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

the oaks did well last year. why change?

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

Losses to Chesapeake & East just don't cut it. Oak Hill was far better than both those teams. Also Oak Hill should have never gotten blown out by Minford. They might have been better but not 40+ better.
Changes need to be made.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I heard at work that the Slone kid was transfering this summer. Thats what his dad says. I wonder where he will go . Im thinking Gallia Academy he has family down there.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

If Slone does transfer where ever he goes he will compete and would start at QB at quite a few schools...East lost their QB in Hood we could use starting QB that will be there a few years.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

slone transferring????? that will never happen :lol:

kuruguru
Waterboy

Post by kuruguru »

They will run Phillips out of town before they let Slone leave, me brothers.

oaksbacker1
Waterboy

Post by oaksbacker1 »

would hate to see slone go. but also hate to see phillips stay. i agree its time for a change

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

Before this gets out of hand, feel free to shoot me a PM. I do have close connections to Jesse Slone before he transfers anywhere. And yes, I do have connections at Gallipolis.
No, I'm not implying he will transfer to Gallipolis. I think it would be a good bet to say he will be wearing black and white next year.
Last edited by BLUEDEVILS on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

i do not see Slone moving.
and i do not understand why its time for a change for a man that has turned the football program in a360 circle in two or three years.
three years ago oakhill was taking a** kickings by 40 points or more a game, now that phillphs has game their giving a** kickings by 40 points a game.

i understand the reason everyone in oak hill wants him out.
but to me this does not make any sense at all.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

wow, I don't understand....................

Here we go again. Hey I have an idea :idea:

Why don't one of you put in for the head job and hire all of you doubters as assistants and coach all together...........

...I would love to watch that.

but wait, who would you guys have left to blame- if you lost? lol

JTown02
Waterboy

Post by JTown02 »

Wow I really can't understand these Oak fans?? Phillips came in to a program sitting at 0-10 and is now sitting at 7-3 with a talanted group returning and people think he should lose his job????? Oak Hill is not a school known for winning state every year or even making the playoffs at that.... The coaching staff at Oak Hill in my opinion is one of the most knowledgeable group of men your gonna find when it comes to football. Wake up and realize your not going to go from 0-10 to state champs over nite..... Not to mention the youth of the team!!!!!!!! And for the Chesapeake game???? Seriously did you watch the game?? With that many turnover's, ejection's and a safety? your gonna blame tha one on the coach?????

Oakhill had a great season this year and they have a great team returning for next year. Good luck Oaks and current staff in 09!!!!!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Phillips and his staff should be allowed to continue the work they are doing; after all Oak Hill's record has improved every year since he got there.

2005.....0-10
2006.....3-7 (Phillips' first year)
2007.....5-5
2008.....7-3
2009..... who knows?

It's kinda retarded to talk about running the staff out of town when there hasn't been a downturn in the record.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I think the number 1 reason for wanting him to leave is not winning, what many consider, the weakest league in the state of ohio. Yes, Portsmouth East has had some decent teams, but come on!!

Secondly, I think some insiders want him gone because their QB is not allowed to throw it all over the field like some of the fans want him to. These are ex Jackson coaches that believe in the option and running the ball misdirection. They are a very experienced staff that puts Winning first and individual accomplishments second. A lot of fans and parents don't see it that way. They want the individual accomplishments first.

I think what they have built is only going to get better, question to the Oak Fans, are they willing to sit back and watch it happen??

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Regulator:

Are you arguing for patience? In this "Have it your way" world?

How preposterous!

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Everyone wants their team to run the spread. Even if it means losing. That is of course until they lose. Then it is the defenses fault. :lol:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Is the term "Spread Offense" really short for "Spread your talent thinly across the field and commit great offense to the Gods of sensible football?"

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

just a couple comments i will throw out here.... then have at it.
1.... before phillips was hired maybe the search/hire committee should have researched his offensive philosophy a little more. on that note... maybe they are the ones that should be fired if oak fans want to throw the ball all over the lot.

2..... is norm on the hot seat for losing games to valley and minford? just asking

Return to “Football”