Oak Hill '09

madpolecat
All State

Re: Oak Hill '09

Post by madpolecat »

He was stating the fact that no one runs this offense anymore.

That is also an invalid point (so being unique is somehow a guarantee of failure?), and untrue.

The Wing-T and its more modern forms (utilizing the rocket sweep and such) are still very prevalent among high school teams on the West Coast.

Jesse Slone is a very talented young man; he would be a good high school VEER QB, West Coast QB, Run and Shoot QB, Spread QB, or Spread Wing-T QB. He would be deadly on the mid-line option. An athlete like Jesse makes a difference in football games NO MATTER WHAT OFFENSE IS BEING RUN.

My point is that good football players don't need all the frakkin' offensive gurus in the stands (the ones I sat among during four Oak Hill games this season, some as young as 10 or 11 years old) to draw Xs and Os up for them in the stands to be successful.

Maybe if all the bleacher KURUS in Oak Hill will just shut up and let the staff coach, the Oaks can get their first playoff appearance next fall.

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

They can keep that offense on the West Coast. I sorry the Rocket Sweep don't work when you run it 20 times a game and don't run a play action off of it.
You also going to take up for his 4-4 defense. It's proven to work well, huh?
Trust me, no amount of fans in the stands complaining will ever change a coaches decision making on the field. Oak Hill fans were very patient with this crap the first two years, it is just getting old now. Can you defend all the delay of game calls that we got this year because the coaches could not get a call in, or the timeouts that we waisted trying. It is not a simple as one thing with this bunch.
Sounds like to me Karl, you are taking this a little personal.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

That 4-4 defense gave up an average of 12.1 points per game. That's not so awful, is it?

Wheelersburg gave up 10.3 PPG en route to finishing second in the region. :mrgreen:

The real thing, though, isn't that they are running the rocket sweep.

The real thing is that too many people in Oak Hill are ready to pin all their hopes and dreams of football glory on the back of one young man -- Jesse Slone -- and they think that the way to do that is to bring in a coach who will run a spread, chuck-and-duck offense.

They want to adopt the "Jesse Can Do It" mantra.

For Pete's sake, he's just a kid!

I will take the fact that LetItRide wrote "play action" off the rocket sweep as the answer to Oak Hill's alleged offensive problems -- rather than the SALLY off the rocket or the FB gut off the rocket or the mid-line option off the rocket (all of which are in the OH playbook) -- as proof that I am correct about the above author's thought processes.

Taking it personally? Why would Dan Polcyn take this issue personally?

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

I don't know, why is Dan taking it so personally. I have never once mentioned Jesse on this thread. It is not all about Jesse, it's about winning. As for your average points per game, I hope to God we only allow 12.1 points per game when you are playing in the worst football conference in the state of Ohio and you have the talent that Oak Hill has, I would hope that you would only give up 12 points per game. By the way, do the math for the wins verus losses.

Please never compare Oak Hill and Wheelersburg in football. If we played Wheelersburg's schedule, we would might have won 2 games last year(might) and I have a feeling the points allowed per game would have been more in the 30-40 point range. example: Minford

Keep it coming Dan, you making more and more sence as you keep posting. Sounds like you are a veer offense expert, maybe you could help out Phillips this year. He might be looking.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

this is incredible

JabbatheDel
Riding the Bench

Post by JabbatheDel »

As far as I can see, the only people posting and whining are PARENTS and FANS. Not one board member. Am I correct? I remember a few about 6 or 7 years ago, Oak Hill went 8-2 and didn't make the playoffs and everyone and their brother thought they were the best team ever. 7-3 is only one game difference. Oak Hill has NEVER been to the playoffs. Oak Hill has NEVER won an SOC title in football. You people act like your a powerhouse or something. Why in the world would you want to get rid of someone who is winning?

Do you fans go to board meetings and voice your opinions or do you hide behind usernames until Greg and the rest of the staff are around and then talk about how great a job they're doing? I bet it's the latter........
I've seen you Oak Hill "fans" in action.

If you really want to make a difference, go to a board meeting. Otherwise, shutup and face the fact that Greg Phillips is going to be around for at least a few more years.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Jesse Slone is a Okay Quaterback.
he is no amzing playmaker as like a Jarred Humphreys or anything.
Oak hill fans believe this kid is a GOD and could make anything happen, NO IT IS NOT HAPPENING................

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

LetItRide:

I never claimed to be an expert on anything. I just happen to be fascinated by option offenses and the Wing-T and any other way of moving the football. And when something facsinates me, I try to learn everything I can about it.

:mrgreen:

Phillips is doing fine; after all, no coach is perfect. The Oaks have improved every year since this crew got into town.

Let it ride and see how things work out this fall.

Some thoughts:

* Please never compare Oak Hill and Wheelersburg in football.

They are in the same region... why not? The OHSAA does. It seems necessary that they be compared.

* you have the talent that Oak Hill has

The talent that everybody talks about at Oak Hill was all sophomores last fall. Maybe they should be allowed to grow into their talent and see what happens.

The group has athletes in it; no doubt about that. That can be established by the fact that they have been successful in all their athletic endeavors up to this point.

BUT WAIT A MINUTE:

You can't automatically blame the coach when they start playing varsity football as sophomores, and the kids are not as successful.

Up until this point, they have always played against kids their own age (Youth football, JH football). As sophomores, they found themselves playing against kids at least TWO YEARS OLDER than they are.

Please don't try to tell me that -- across two teams of boys -- that there isn't a maturity difference between sophomores and seniors.

2009 will be a very exciting, successful year for Oak Hill football.

Let it ride and see how things work out this fall.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I will just add this, no matter how good of an athlete a person is there is still a big difference between a sophomore and a senior (15 years old boy to 18 or 19 year old man), especially with male athletes.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

JabbatheDel wrote:As far as I can see, the only people posting and whining are PARENTS and FANS. Not one board member. Am I correct? I remember a few about 6 or 7 years ago, Oak Hill went 8-2 and didn't make the playoffs and everyone and their brother thought they were the best team ever. 7-3 is only one game difference. Oak Hill has NEVER been to the playoffs. Oak Hill has NEVER won an SOC title in football. You people act like your a powerhouse or something. Why in the world would you want to get rid of someone who is winning?

Do you fans go to board meetings and voice your opinions or do you hide behind usernames until Greg and the rest of the staff are around and then talk about how great a job they're doing? I bet it's the latter........
I've seen you Oak Hill "fans" in action.

If you really want to make a difference, go to a board meeting. Otherwise, shutup and face the fact that Greg Phillips is going to be around for at least a few more years.

If I remember correctly, didn't alot of these same fans have your back a couple years ago.

kuruguru
Waterboy

Post by kuruguru »

Greggiwegg done a good job at Jackson and he's done a bang-up job pulling Oak Hill football up from the cally dregs.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Da Bears did you read the Portsmouth Times where Cris Dupree said he thought about transfering ,,Hmmm How that crow taste Da Bears. :lol:

oaksfan1
Waterboy

Post by oaksfan1 »

I believe that Chris was talking about going back to Texas, I know for a fact that if he lived in Oak Hill we would go to school in Oak Hill.

As for the Oaks I look for great things next year from them. Jesse is the best QB in SOC1 hands down, Weston is a strong runner with a big heart, Joey will catch anything in his area code. This with another year in age this team will do well and I'm looking for some post season play one game at a time

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I`ll bet all the Oak Hill football players like reading about this !!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I would say if you put this topic to a vote by the players .It would be interesting to say the least.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Can Oak Hill make the playoffs in '09?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I believe that they can make the playoffs this fall. They will have an even better record than last fall.

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

Only if we run the rocket sweep 20 times a game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Only if we run the rocket sweep 20 times a game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that is what the defense gives you, then you take it. If they give you the chance to run the streak pattern 20 times, you take that.

And so on...

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

With the peake starting 3 freshman and 4 sophmores last year and using AGATHON's thinking we should be really tough. Look forward to seeing the OAKS at home this year and maybe we'll get just a little bit more respect from them.

Return to “Football”