SE

Re: Oak Hill '09

Post by 91blue14 »

slone is a beast :mrgreen:

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

peake450 wrote:With the peake starting 3 freshman and 4 sophmores last year and using AGATHON's thinking we should be really tough. Look forward to seeing the OAKS at home this year and maybe we'll get just a little bit more respect from them.

My point exactly. Well said Peake450. See Agathon, everyone is laughing at Oak Hill schemes. Everyone who plays Oak Hill is hoping the stupidity continues.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Slone is a wonderful talent, sculptured to be a fling it around QB, but the problem the OH program has had with success has more to do with the O line and D line. Bottom line, no OB can throw from their back. No running back can hit a whole that not there. I think it showed when OH faced teams that had more talent on their lines. You can have the greatest skill players in the world but without the line it tough to be consistent and match up with those who do.

As for the OH administration they need to grow a pair and let someone build a program not start screaming every time someone of “influence” in the community says “time for a change”.

oaksbacker1
Waterboy

Post by oaksbacker1 »

I hate to even post on football threads anymore after what the oak hill football program did to chris delany, but they had influence from the kids father so they got weak and let him go. Anyway it doesn't look like Phillips is leaving I haven't heard talk of it anywhere but on here. Maybe Phillips should get a new Offensive coordinator to set up in the box. Someone who can get the plays in on time and who knows a good offense. I know Phillips himself is the defense man but our defense needs some changes too. Hopefully come this season we will see changes made on the field and with the staff. I say keep Hump, Hale, and Allen and the rest of them GO!

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

oaksbacker1 wrote:I hate to even post on football threads anymore after what the oak hill football program did to chris delany, but they had influence from the kids father so they got weak and let him go. Anyway it doesn't look like Phillips is leaving I haven't heard talk of it anywhere but on here. Maybe Phillips should get a new Offensive coordinator to set up in the box. Someone who can get the plays in on time and who knows a good offense. I know Phillips himself is the defense man but our defense needs some changes too. Hopefully come this season we will see changes made on the field and with the staff. I say keep Hump, Hale, and Allen and the rest of them GO!

Amen, brother!!!!!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

LetItRide wrote:
oaksbacker1 wrote:I hate to even post on football threads anymore after what the oak hill football program did to chris delany, but they had influence from the kids father so they got weak and let him go. Anyway it doesn't look like Phillips is leaving I haven't heard talk of it anywhere but on here. Maybe Phillips should get a new Offensive coordinator to set up in the box. Someone who can get the plays in on time and who knows a good offense. I know Phillips himself is the defense man but our defense needs some changes too. Hopefully come this season we will see changes made on the field and with the staff. I say keep Hump, Hale, and Allen and the rest of them GO!

Amen, brother!!!!!!

what did the fb program do?

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

What happened to Chris Delany? I was wondering why he was not up for the baseball job. Is it something dealing with football why he is not at Oakhill coaching anything?

ligit ownage
Riding the Bench

Post by ligit ownage »

Jesse Slone this is the kid to lead the team, let him put your team on his shoulders and carry them i hope all goes well this yr for you guys watch out for woods #34

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

What is the problem with the 4-4 defense? Johnstown-Monroe has been using it for the last few years and they have one of the best defenses in the region year after year.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

All I know is that before Phillips got to Oak Hill, they were getting drilled, now he has built them into a contender!

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

From what I read on other threads it looks like Northwest is off the schedule replaced by Trimble. Is this correct? Are there any other changes in the schedule?

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Buckeyes3465,

The problem with the 4-4 D is that it requires linemen to be dominating enough to force double team blocking to free up the line backers to make plays. Without the linemen forcing the double it becomes very ineffective. Its one of those D’s you are either really good with it or bad with it, not much in between. It does allow you to do a lot of things with line backers if you have the linemen.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Exactly Foolsgold!

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

Forcing a double team is the complete opposite thing that you want to happen in a 4-4

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Buckeyes365… What do you want to happen in a 4-4?

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

In base 4-4 you will have a 7 3 1 5 techniques. Your Mike backer is split between the 3 and the center, the Will is split between the 1 and the tackle. The 3 has B gap, 1 has A, Mike has A , Will has B, the Olb's cover the overhang or have pass coverage, the 7 and 5 have outside contain. You want to have penetration from the middle 4 with each player maintaining their own gap and effectively moving the line of scrimmage back. If you want your DT's to force double teams, then you are goig have huge cut back lanes and it makes it much harder for the inside backers to scrape over top if need be. The dt's should be viewed as linebackers in this type of defense. A 4-3 defense is one in which you want your dt's to force a double team and funnel everything to the Mike backer.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

If you can’t get doubles on your D linemen your linebackers get blocked and the result is a disaster. Review your tapes and I’ll bet when your successful is when linebackers can get free because the linemen are taking up blockers.

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

You have 8 in the box against 6 at the most 7 blockers. You don't need double teams. Watch how Johnstown runs the 4-4 and then you'll understand.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

boilermaker wrote:I heard at work that the Slone kid was transfering this summer. Thats what his dad says. I wonder where he will go . Im thinking Gallia Academy he has family down there.

You're joking, right? Never in a milllion years would he transfer. Starting QB in football, starting guard in basketball which is now in regonial semis, both with winning seasons. You must work at a drug factory

3sportSeason
Waterboy

Post by 3sportSeason »

Oak Hill folks are down right crazy go from bottom dweller of the SOC and laughing stock to contender and threat in every game want to fire the coach must not like winning that much but basketball

Return to “Football”