Oak Hill '09

Oakie1
Waterboy

Re: Oak Hill '09

Post by Oakie1 »

I'll give you Westfall, but powerhouses do it year after year. How did Paint valley fair last year? Oak Hill will be 9-1 at worst and that is if Minford gets us. Anything worse than that and you will see a new staff at OHHS next year. Trust me on that one. Yes the SOC I is the worst league in the state. I would challege anyone to come up with another. That being said, we couldn't win it with the talent we had last year. The overall coaching for the Oaks must improve or will lose 3 games. There is no way the Oaks lose more than three and that is if the same bs from last year carries over, but I have a feeling thats not going to happen. Game plans and organization have to improve and if it does look for the Oaks to be right in the playoff hunt for the first time in the schools history. You think our Basketball crowds were big. Put a winning football team on the field like we did in the 80's and early 90's and our fans will pour in. Exciting times for Oak Hill Football.

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

Westfall (8-3, 7-0)
Piketon (6-4, 5-2)]
Paint Valley (8-2, 5-2)
Adena (6-4, 4-3)
Zane Trace (5-5, 4-3)
Southeastern (3-7, 2-5)
Huntington (1-9, 1-6)
Unioto (0-10, 0-7)

That's the entire svc see if you guy's play team's like Adena, Z.T, or maybe P.V it would get you guy's some playoff points, if you win. for sure. But Piketon and Westfall are out of your league

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

How will the changes to the Oak Hill coaching staff affect the outcome of next season?

Oakie1
Waterboy

Post by Oakie1 »

What changes are you referring to? There is only one new coach on the staff. I am talking about the game planning and organization issues that were nery evident last season. I am hoping that they improve on their mistakes from last season and any good coach would want to do that. Right?

The Fonz
Waterboy

Post by The Fonz »

Yes, Oakie and I think they will. I would love to see the Oaks make the playoffs next season, but I'm not ready to say it's a lock yet.

The Fonz
Waterboy

Post by The Fonz »

Any scrimmages set for the Oaks yet?

The Fonz
Waterboy

Post by The Fonz »

ttt

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Oaks will in my opinion go 7-3. They have the skill positions but don’t have the horses needed for the line. It the same thing that haunted them last year.

Just my opinion........

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO OAKS

devilfan08
Freshman Team

Post by devilfan08 »

How many SR did OakHill lose???or starters from last season?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Oak Hill should win every SOCI game by at least 2 scores, no doubt about it. This is a team on the rise. The only teams they should possibly lose to would be Chesapeake and Minford. I don't know about making the playoffs. . . that schedule is awfully, awfully weak. Those D6 teams in the conference won't garner many points.

get-r-done-oaks
Riding the Bench

Post by get-r-done-oaks »

Can someone explain why the Oaks are SOC 1 in football and SOC 2 in other sports. Thanks.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

get-r-done-oaks wrote:Can someone explain why the Oaks are SOC 1 in football and SOC 2 in other sports. Thanks.

the reason for that is because of all the other schools that start SOC play after football season like Eastern,Western,Clay,South Webster, New Boston not having football. With adding those schools it bumps the Oaks to the SOC II

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

The SOC 1 has got to be weaker than the TVC Hocking....

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:The SOC 1 has got to be weaker than the TVC Hocking....

Fo-sho!

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

What is the 7 on 7 and scrimmage schedule? Will there be a jamboree game?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Does Oak Hill have any new coaches this season?

Indian till death
Waterboy

Post by Indian till death »

Foolsgold wrote:Oaks will in my opinion go 7-3. They have the skill positions but don’t have the horses needed for the line. It the same thing that haunted them last year.

Just my opinion........

I don't know WHAT you are talking about. At their game with Minford last year (2008) Oak Hill's line was barely smaller than the Falcons. I'd say equal. Their skilled positions were built well, too. No string-bean lightning bolts.

O_town_ANIMAL
Waterboy

Post by O_town_ANIMAL »

Indian till death wrote:
Foolsgold wrote:Oaks will in my opinion go 7-3. They have the skill positions but don’t have the horses needed for the line. It the same thing that haunted them last year.

Just my opinion........

I don't know WHAT you are talking about. At their game with Minford last year (2008) Oak Hill's line was barely smaller than the Falcons. I'd say equal. Their skilled positions were built well, too. No string-bean lightning bolts.

i agree indian we had the horse's n plenty of them, our problem was not O line coaching
it was our seniors that played that had no buisness playin.... slow and lazy are the wrds. this is u will see a HUGE change in that.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Yeah Oak Hill definitely has a big, strong, line, but what I noticed when they played Minford, as well as East and ND, is that they didn't have the speed. There were two runts from ND... #50 and #51, eating them up on defense (although the scoreboard didn't reflect it.) If Oak Hill wants to make playoffs they need to go at least 9-1 due to their weak schedule, and to do that they need to add speed to their size.

Return to “Football”