Week two: Wellston at Minford

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Week two: Wellston at Minford

Post by Westfan »

chicken_coop wrote: I dont know why SOC schools fans tend to root against each other when they play OOC, it;s all about the conference. SOC!
Personally I root for all the conference teams except 1 when their not playing West. Won't mention their name, but Minford, Valley, Northwest, and Waverly are all good. :122249

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET R DONE FALCONS

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

Post by CoolPiketonDude »

Minford wins in a close game.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Minford wins in a blowout.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ACCBiggz wrote:Minford wins in a blowout.
I dont think that is the case. Wellston is a very solid and dangerous team. Any team that has a D1 Big Ten caliber player is going to be hard to beat and will take a team effort.

I am sure that nobody in Minford is taking this game lightly. Wellston had many bright spots vs Jackson.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

wellston has completely changed there offence this week,no more double wing.hopefully this new offence will be able to move the ball better.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Bleeding Red wrote:
I dont think that is the case. Wellston is a very solid and dangerous team. Any team that has a D1 Big Ten caliber player is going to be hard to beat and will take a team effort.

I am sure that nobody in Minford is taking this game lightly. Wellston had many bright spots vs Jackson.
Too young, not enough depth. It'll be similar to the Jackson game. Close first quarter, but as the game goes along and Minford gets deeper in to the game they'll stretch the score out to larger margins.

Rocketfan88
Freshman Team

Post by Rocketfan88 »

ACCBiggz wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Too young, not enough depth. It'll be similar to the Jackson game. Close first quarter, but as the game goes along and Minford gets deeper in to the game they'll stretch the score out to larger margins.

How's V.C. doing? Can't wait until Wellston plays V.C

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Bob Bowen's "Mighty Minford Falcons" take this one.

TVC hater

box score
Waterboy

Post by box score »

Congrats to Jaylen. The academic requirements at Northwestern are quite rigid, so that speaks highly of Jaylen from an academic perspective, and obviously he has the athletic tools also.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

old*rocket wrote:wellston has completely changed there offence this week,no more double wing.hopefully this new offence will be able to move the ball better.
I've heard of hitting the panick button but geeze. To scrap an entire offensive system after one week would be amazing if it's true. That's just flat out poor coaching and preparation on their part IMO. There's no way you could have any more than a base system in place in less than a weeks time.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

IRONFALCON wrote:
old*rocket wrote:wellston has completely changed there offence this week,no more double wing.hopefully this new offence will be able to move the ball better.
I've heard of hitting the panick button but geeze. To scrap an entire offensive system after one week would be amazing if it's true. That's just flat out poor coaching and preparation on their part IMO. There's no way you could have any more than a base system in place in less than a weeks time.
Not a fan of changing entire offenses after 5 weeks of practice. What message does this send? Wellston has some talent but in my opinion are over scheduled and that has effected them the past several seasons.

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

youare correct what was they thinking they should have at least some one early they could have built confidence on look jackson then you travel to minford come on get real ...............

2013FALCON
Waterboy

Post by 2013FALCON »

Wellston will be gunning for Minford tonight, since they lost big to Jackson. Minford will be ready for them. This will be a good game. Minford will win by at least 2 TD's. Good Luck to the Falcons and an injury free game to both teams.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

IRONFALCON wrote:
Now come on, lets not start bashing coaches. Wellston has a very good coaching staff and they did not install a whole new offense. You might see some different stuff but they've already had it in their playbook. old*rocket hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Wellston could have ran 50 different styles of offense and they would not have won vs Jackson.

Jackson was the better team. I also think it would be poor coaching to scrap a couple months worth of work over one game and start over. I am sure that wont be the case when Wellston takes the field tonight.

As long as Minford accounts for Prater every play and plays solid defense, Minford will be fine regardless of the offense Wellston runs.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Wellston has a very unfriendly non league schedule.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

As both a Minford and Northwestern alum I'm happy to see Prater coming to NU. Special things are happening here. Big game tomorrow against BC!

The _Big_One
Freshman Team

Post by The _Big_One »

Wellston 13 minford 7 3:45 left in the game wellston driving on the minfords 29 4th and 7 there going for it!!!

The _Big_One
Freshman Team

Post by The _Big_One »

Wellston takes a knee and goes 1-1 on the year great job rockets

Return to “Football”