2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

LHS 72
S

Re: 2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

Post by LHS 72 »

Look's and sounds like again Logan lacks Discipline Penalties and Many mistakes. sounds like the same old story! That being said Look for Lancaster to blow out the Chiefs!
Last edited by LHS 72 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

thanks for the details c-bolt. looks like the chiefs better work hard on the penalties and mistakes and bad tackling. theres a big gale force wind coming to town. GO CHIEFS!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Another long season on the banks of the Hocking??? :(

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Not to bust any bubbles but Sheridan played almost all sophomores last night. They only play five seniors and the best of which (OU bound lineman Tate Leavitt) didn't dress due to a sprained ankle. At one point in the first quarter the D Sheridan had on the field was two seniors, one junior and 8 sophomores. I think Logan may be in for a long season as the really didn't move the ball at any point.

Also, the qb they started will probably be the backup, he is a junior and the sophomore they played in the second quarter will likely be the man. I did like big number 62 on Logan's D line.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With Logan having 8 out with injuries and only 6 seniors on the team--Logan could have hand a couple seniors themselves out there.

Fridley and the Simpson boys will be missed plus Sheets was a burner--too bad about these boys

Go Chiefs

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Good news is Logan looks like they might have a pretty good freshman team,I got there in the second half and they didn't keep score but each team scored on a touchdown pass. Logan looked to be the dominant team moving the ball up and down the field,they have a nice running back who spins off tacklers like Derek Harden use to and the QB throws a nice tight accurate pass.I'll be interested in how these guys end up this year.They have to stay healthy not many players on the team and Sheridan had even less players on their Freshman team.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

newlex/sheridan wrote:Not to bust any bubbles but Sheridan played almost all sophomores last night. They only play five seniors and the best of which (OU bound lineman Tate Leavitt) didn't dress due to a sprained ankle. At one point in the first quarter the D Sheridan had on the field was two seniors, one junior and 8 sophomores. I think Logan may be in for a long season as the really didn't move the ball at any point.

Also, the qb they started will probably be the backup, he is a junior and the sophomore they played in the second quarter will likely be the man. I did like big number 62 on Logan's D line.
Don't think you bursts any bubble. Haven't heard anyone who was too enthusiastic about last night scrimmage, even if the Logan Varsity had played the Sheridan Freshmen.

Logan will need to stay healthy this season to be able to compete in the 6-7 winnable games on the schedule. If Sheridan were on the schedule they certainly would not be one of those games at this point.

I agree, Caleb Branson (62) is one of the bright spots and up and coming players for LHS. Had a really solid year last year as a sophomore.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

LHS 72 wrote:Look's and sounds like again Logan lacks Discipline Penalties and Many mistakes. sounds like the same old story! That being said Look for Lancaster to blow out the Chiefs!

Oh my god the same old problem logan has had the last two years LACK of DISCIPLINE. If they fail to improve must during the season I look for another losing season!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LoganLocos wrote:
newlex/sheridan wrote:Not to bust any bubbles but Sheridan played almost all sophomores last night. They only play five seniors and the best of which (OU bound lineman Tate Leavitt) didn't dress due to a sprained ankle. At one point in the first quarter the D Sheridan had on the field was two seniors, one junior and 8 sophomores. I think Logan may be in for a long season as the really didn't move the ball at any point.

Don't think you bursts any bubble. Haven't heard anyone who was too enthusiastic about last night scrimmage, even if the Logan Varsity had played the Sheridan Freshmen.

Logan will need to stay healthy this season to be able to compete in the 6-7 winnable games on the schedule. If Sheridan were on the schedule they certainly would not be one of those games at this point.

I agree, Caleb Branson (62) is one of the bright spots and up and coming players for LHS. Had a really solid year last year as a sophomore.
Staying health and playing discipine mistake free football they might go 5-5 or 6-4 at best!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Well, it's almost time to tee it up and kick it off. Only time will tell what kind of season it will be for the Chiefs. We can all play the pundit and predict any number of things but what it comes down to is what happens on the field and that is ONLY in the hands of the players and coaches. In the end, like Bill Parcells says, you are what your record is. 5-5 would be disappointing but an improvement. Another sub-500 season is going to be hard to take.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Logan can get through games without blowing assignments and keep the injures down we will be in every game.

I just think these boys are ready to play the game of football this year. I know this years sophs. had a hard freshman year but I look for about a half dozen of them to step up and open some eyes.Going into the first league game against Portsmouth you are going to hear around the league---"They are Back"

Go Chiefs

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

while in logan thismorning talked to some fans and 2 would of been starters from last year didnt even sign on to play this year the simpson brothers wont play this year i was told by a family member of theirs that the coach is a joke and only wants the players to tackle at the shoulders ..do you know how often players will get dragged for yds if they only shoulder tackle.. those are only 2 of a few players that wont play for that coach.. theirs a few that wont play agian this year, somthings wrong when you have talent that started last year wont even play this year that hurts.. as long as this joke of a coach is in logan,, football will keep going down the toilet every year for the chiefs

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

alittle over a week ago i talked to a junior player from logan he told me 6 players have quit so far and 3 of them were starters 2 from last year were.. somethings up if these boys dont want to play for him just sayin..juniors and seniors dropping out and thats a fact.. 2 of the players iv talked to personally that have siad these things about the coach

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

buckeyeguy wrote:while in logan thismorning talked to some fans and 2 would of been starters from last year didnt even sign on to play this year the simpson brothers wont play this year i was told by a family member of theirs that the coach is a joke and only wants the players to tackle at the shoulders ..do you know how often players will get dragged for yds if they only shoulder tackle.. those are only 2 of a few players that wont play for that coach.. theirs a few that wont play agian this year, somthings wrong when you have talent that started last year wont even play this year that hurts.. as long as this joke of a coach is in logan,, football will keep going down the toilet every year for the chiefs
News To Me, I know the program has had major Discipline programs the past two years, but the hope was that the coaching staff would crack down on the young men, and I think they did and they are starting to turn the corner. By the way take a look at the local rag from Tuesday and take a close look at the team photo! We still need to crack the whip! Shoes and socks.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Those shoes and socks just might be different come game time.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

buckeyeguy wrote:alittle over a week ago i talked to a junior player from logan he told me 6 players have quit so far and 3 of them were starters 2 from last year were.. somethings up if these boys dont want to play for him just sayin..juniors and seniors dropping out and thats a fact.. 2 of the players iv talked to personally that have siad these things about the coach
:aaaaa46 looks like another long bumpy season :aaaaa80

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:Those shoes and socks just might be different come game time.
suppose to look sharp in a team photo though. and imo the picture would have looked better with them in the home side stadium. go chiefs!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Must have wanted them to look all squeezed in trench who knows what they were thinking.Thing that struck me about the picture was Wolfe sitting in the front middle holding the ball,usually you see a standout senior player doing that.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

good point also. never seen that before. but more of a zoomed out picture in our big home side stadium would have looked great. like they use to do in the good ole days on the hill top on team picture day. looks much better. but thats just my opinion.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:Those shoes and socks just might be different come game time.
Yes but in the game of football a winning team pays attention to details!

Return to “Football”