Portsmouth West Senators 2012?

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth West Senators 2012?

Post by Westfan »

West will still be a power running team. But if Bricker is the quarterback, I would expect to see an offensive approach like the 08 team where they mixed in the read option alot.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

By the way got to watch some of the Michigan State spring game. Trevon made a great showing of himself and I would expect him to play alot from what I saw.

jtj
Waterboy

Post by jtj »

Think that the team will suprise this year, yes we lost 11 Seniors but the Seniors this year have proven then know how to get the job done!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Just got done watching some of Matt Bennett's videos on you tube impressive he is a very strong young man benched 225 23 times thats impressive. Watched some game videos from last season hard to believe how much bigger the boys are compared to last season. The dedication in the offseason these boys have and coach T's weight program is amazing. The sky is the limits to 2012 West Siders. Can't wait.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:Sounds like we have plenty of skilled guys, I also like the idea of Bricker at QB, maybe another team like the 08 SOC CHAMPS, i also think that Zach Frye will be in the back field catching quick pitches, cause he has break away speed. Meeker should be our leading rusher, Zaph needs to work hard and he could be a work horse. West Side Football sounds pretty good right now, keep up the work boys.
This team will be very good. They will probably make the playoffs, may win Soc and possibly all 10 games, but to compare this team to the 08 team is unfair. However, lets support them and hope they can accomplish everything set in their path and hope bring home a gold football and a state championship. Its great that the standard is so high for West football once again.

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

I have went to the last two passing tournaments, and the senators are 9-4 overall, Austin Bricker has really suprised me of how well he has thrown the ball, makes me wonder why he hasnt been QB before now, fantastic football player, he reminds me alot of his cousin Alfie the 08 QB, yes he makes some stupid decisions buts thats all about being young, Zach frye looks like a D1 reciever out their, dont drop many balls, All the boy look good, the only down thing is disipline, but we have Coach T back, and he tells the kids how it is, WEST SIDE FOOTBALL LOOKS VERY BRIGHT !!

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Post by usctrojans1 »

Always impressed with west and how they put together an outstanding team every year, good luck this season.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Is July 30th the first day of practice???

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Yes.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Just found out today that the Howell boys are not playing, hate to here that they are good ball players sure would of liked to see them on the field

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

luvbigcats wrote:Just found out today that the Howell boys are not playing, hate to here that they are good ball players sure would of liked to see them on the field

If they are not going to play one of the players should find out why.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

What one of them told me was they were just tired of it. They wanted to have a summer.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would still go out and play football when the offical football practise starts. Coaches understand that kids need time off for other things in life.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Zach Frye should be the QB....that is the closest west has...to replacing Levi..IMO

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

D_Journey9 wrote:Zach Frye should be the QB....that is the closest west has...to replacing Levi..IMO

I see them in a 7 on 7 and I think the kid that was at QB was Bricker. Looked good!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

In high school football your best athlete needs to be the quarterback if at all possible. That is definitely Bricker. Plus he has 2 years to play which is a plus.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

game day wrote:
D_Journey9 wrote:Zach Frye should be the QB....that is the closest west has...to replacing Levi..IMO

I see them in a 7 on 7 and I think the kid that was at QB was Bricker. Looked good!
Is Bricker mobile?....cuz it would be a big plus if he is...especially with Coach T being back..cuz with him it is run run run....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bricker is the point guard on the basketball team. Very quick. One of the better athletes in the area.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

D_Journey9 wrote:
game day wrote:

Is Bricker mobile?....cuz it would be a big plus if he is...especially with Coach T being back..cuz with him it is run run run....

I think the last year Coach T was at West the QB threw the ball for almost 1,000 yards. I am not sure what he did last year.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Levi threw for a little over a 1000 his junior and 985 his senior, but rushed for over 800 yrds along with two other 1000 yrd rushers in Auger and bricker.

Return to “Football”