SOCII Champs Of 09'?

Sider55
Waterboy

SOCII Champs Of 09'?

Post by Sider55 »

From where it stands now...who do u believe could probably take the SOC II title?

bushmaster24
JV Team

Re: SOCII Champs Of 09'?

Post by bushmaster24 »

still too early to tell. i think it will be a tight Soc race with burg minford west and waverly. with valley being a darkhorse

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

West Football is back. The Way these kids have been committed and with two years of Coach's off-season program expect big things this year on the west side

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Yep, just wait till he has a whole team top to bottom of Triplett's terrors of playing for him. ;-)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

this may be one of the most competitive years from top to bottom in the SOC II in recent memory. I look for Northwest, Waverly, and Valley to be much improved. The title though will be decided by West, Minford, and Burg again. Minford returns alot of skilled players and speed. Burg returns alot of seniors with winning experience. West is young and talented. It will come down to defense, where Burg and West return the best defenses in the league.
I think Burg will edge Minford in another great battle. I think West with another 600 plus pounds at times in the backfield will grind out another win against a rather small Minford team at home. This will set up another spectacle of two undefeated teams fighting for the league title and playoff seeding at Burg.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

siderman wrote:this may be one of the most competitive years from top to bottom in the SOC II in recent memory. I look for Northwest, Waverly, and Valley to be much improved. The title though will be decided by West, Minford, and Burg again. Minford returns alot of skilled players and speed. Burg returns alot of seniors with winning experience. West is young and talented. It will come down to defense, where Burg and West return the best defenses in the league.
I think Burg will edge Minford in another great battle. I think West with another 600 plus pounds at times in the backfield will grind out another win against a rather small Minford team at home. This will set up another spectacle of two undefeated teams fighting for the league title and playoff seeding at Burg.

Good post and I would say very accurate as well. I think Northwest will be vastly improved over years past and may even play "spoiler" as to who may finish third in the conference. Should be another exciting season in the "Deuce" AKA SOC-II.

GO MOHAWKS!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I think this league is really looking up. There seems to be a great deal of interest from other schools wanting to get into the league and the teams themselves are getting better. If I re-call two or three years in a row that this conference has place three teams in the playoffs.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

OSU 77 wrote:I think this league is really looking up. There seems to be a great deal of interest from other schools wanting to get into the league and the teams themselves are getting better. If I re-call two or three years in a row that this conference has place three teams in the playoffs.

Agree 100%. This conference places two or three teams into the post season on a fairly regular basis. Look for some more of the same in 2009. Competition should be fierce! Is it August yet?!

Sider55
Waterboy

Post by Sider55 »

No it aint August but oh i wish!!!!

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Should be a dofight again. I think that all of the team except West will improve. West lost too many seniors to be better. Burg may find that the loss of a couple of their seniors is more difficult than they may think. Minford has a horde of juniors to be who played a lot last year to replace departing players. Waverly and Valley should improve. Northwest? Who knows.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Burg first with Minford in second...third should be a battle between the rest.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Through the offseason last year we heard those two teams, Minford and Burg. A few West fans were saying how good West was going to be and it took several games for them to get any credit. This year will probably be more of the same. Flying under the radar is good for a young team.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Not saying that West can't and won't do it, because I know they are capable, but last season was different. We had a huge, naturally talented senior class. We had underachieved in high school because of lack of program, and a team effort. Everyone knew we could be scary good if we got our heads on straight and worked out hard and as a team. After the 4-6 season 2 years ago everyone forgot about them. During this past offseason every at West told everyone else, that we were finally ready, but unforturtly for everyone else, we were. But, this year is different they are a young team (kinda like burg last year), and it would be a harder hill to climb for this team than last year. I think Burg will be the team to beat coming out of the gate, but Minford returns a whole bunch (they lost a good bit too), and West will have to prove theirself to the world again (a task I think they are up to)

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Wheelersburg lost two key players Shank and White but Wheelersburg has Lang coming back which if he's 100% he's pretty good. The loss of White isn't that big of a deal. I mean yea he was a good linebacker but someone said in another post a few months ago players like White come a dime a dozen at Wheelersburg and i believe thats true someone will step up and be just as good if not better. It will come down to Wheelersburg Minford and West again and I think they will all make the playoffs as they did last year.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

bleed_blue2324 wrote:Wheelersburg lost two key players Shank and White but Wheelersburg has Lang coming back which if he's 100% he's pretty good. The loss of White isn't that big of a deal. I mean yea he was a good linebacker but someone said in another post a few months ago players like White come a dime a dozen at Wheelersburg and i believe thats true someone will step up and be just as good if not better. It will come down to Wheelersburg Minford and West again and I think they will all make the playoffs as they did last year.

Totally agree here. Minford returns QB, all WR's and TE's. all RB except J. Williams. Most of the O-line is back. They lost two starters on the line. Minford has been 8-2 the last two years. Look for this to be the break-out year for them. The three W's always bring a contender each year and each year its different.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

If the weather is anything in the fall like it's been lately, look for alot of muddy games
on friday. Some folks said that was the reason for their teams loses to West, hope
that will still hold true in 09.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West Side Pride wrote:If the weather is anything in the fall like it's been lately, look for alot of muddy games
on friday. Some folks said that was the reason for their teams loses to West, hope
that will still hold true in 09.

If you remember the '05 game, West had the faster-more skilled team with Pendleton, Seevers, and others. Burg was bigger up front. They played up at Burg when it hadn't even rained that much and the field was sloppy wet and it looked like they lost their lawnmower for the previous week.

Now if you listen to some of them, the rain is why West won this year.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Wow, am I sick of the rain excuse, for the game last year against burg (and don't get me wrong West might be one of the worst schools around for making excuses, but its over focus on next year)...but, anyway I would imagine that their won't be a lot of rain this year come football season, it has rained too much too early for there to be a lot left. This could benefit, some of the smaller teams in the soc.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here's how I see them finishing

Wheelersburg
Minford
Portsmouth West
Waverly
Valley
Northwest

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I've had about 3 people lately tell me that coach said this is the strongest team he has ever coached. Considering that a majority of the starters will be sophomores and juniors, I would say this says alot about how far West has come in a couple years. I know when he first came here, he really questioned West's weight program. The strength and size up front combined with the stable of horses he has in the backfield is gonna give alot of these SOCII teams fits.

Return to “Football”