Nelsonville-York VS. Wahama

Irishgold1988
Waterboy

Re: Nelsonville-York VS. Wahama

Post by Irishgold1988 »

GWA what a truly ignorant statement. First of all just looked it up, NY has 414 students from 10-12 and Wahama has 215. Don't state that numbers don't play a factor cause that argument is derived from pure ignorance. NY has nearly twice the number to draw from, I would hope they would win but I will agree I thought Wahama would play more competitively. Overall though it was a scrimmage and not a grid-o-rama..... I hate when people claim that "football" is better in Ohio and not because of sheer numbers either." False. You arent blessed by the gods of football when you cross the Ohio River. Ohio is better solely due to sheer numbers. I would hope a state that has roughly 25 million people in it would perhaps just be a bit more competitive than a state that doesn't even reach 2 million. NY has a great team and I wish them the best. I also wish Wahama the best. .....Also one more thing I hope people really don't judge schools based off of message boards or Facebook. That again is truly juvenile and irrational thinking. You can't judge a whole school based off of "wild willys" thoughts and comments pertaining to his school when his son "Billy Bob" is the starting center. (with my luck there is someone really with those names). Thank you.

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

From what I just pulled from OHSAA (Which I could of pulled wrong, not good at that stuff) I see 151 boys and 147 girls. 298 total. I know thats 3 classes just not sure if its 9-10-11 or 10-11-12.
I saw on WVHSAA Wahama around 73 kids per grade which is around 219. I believe the hype was due to Wahama's great year last year and everyone they had coming back. I was told there was a lot smack talking going on before the scrimmage.
NY got beat years ago during the regular season by a team from WV.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

http://www.cdab.org/members.asp?SCHOOL_ID=1084

That is the state of Ohio's enrollment figures for NYHS 298. That is also based on boys and girls. I say that because Ohio determines football divisions by boys enrollment. It doesn't appear that WV does based on the link below. Though I could be wrong about that. That is based on grades 9-11.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/2010071 ... uild=cache

These are Wahama's. They have 225. No. 22 in Class A. Figures are also based on 9-11. That information is in the first paragraph on page 1.

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/

WV and Ohio populations
Last edited by buckfan84 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

And Wahama is a great school. I personally donated money to the team last year to make the trip to Wheeling Island. I hope they go all the way this year too.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

One more thing, it looks like NY would be a Class A school in WV.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

[quote="Irishgold1988"]GWA what a truly ignorant statement. First of all just looked it up, NY has 414 students from 10-12 and Wahama has 215. Don't state that numbers don't play a factor cause that argument is derived from pure ignorance. NY has nearly twice the number to draw from, I would hope they would win but I will agree I thought Wahama would play more competitively. Overall though it was a scrimmage and not a grid-o-rama..... I hate when people claim that "football" is better in Ohio and not because of sheer numbers either." False. You arent blessed by the gods of football when you cross the Ohio River. Ohio is better solely due to sheer numbers. I would hope a state that has roughly 25 million people in it would perhaps just be a bit more competitive than a state that doesn't even reach 2 million. NY has a great team and I wish them the best. I also wish Wahama the best. .....Also one more thing I hope people really don't judge schools based off of message boards or Facebook. That again is truly juvenile and irrational thinking. You can't judge a whole school based off of "wild willys" thoughts and comments pertaining to his school when his son "Billy Bob" is the starting center. (with my luck there is someone really with those names). Thank you

No way does NY have 400 students
Might be close to 300 in 10/12

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

joe_tornadoe wrote:What a shock, a school that is huge beat a school much smaller than them. Who could have guessed?

Yes NY is HUGE!!! They have 151 boys to choose from... lol...Some people crack me up.

Maximus the Merciful
Waterboy

Post by Maximus the Merciful »

Ohio 10 million
West Va. 2 million
approximate numbers

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Welcome to the TVC OHIO YOMAMMA

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

wahama is ranked #1 in the west virginia class A charleston daily mail preseason football poll

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Size of state means nothing. Its size of school. Some people have no clue
what there talking about. 9 of 10 years the ohio div 4 champ would win AAA championship in wv with a smaller school. The talent just isnt there in wv. Just look how many in state kids play for wvu.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Don't think Wahama will come calling for a scrimmage or a regular season game after this little Jamboree...LOL

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

no comment!

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Buford T Rutter wrote:I love the fact that youse guys are crowing about beating a second rate program from a welfare state. Go ahead and let those heads swell...... Makes for a bigger target this Saturday.

That second rate program from a welfare state whooped trimbles @$$ last year and won your league, so maybe before you talk sh** about them you should beat them.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Buford T Rutter wrote:I love the fact that youse guys are crowing about beating a second rate program from a welfare state. Go ahead and let those heads swell...... Makes for a bigger target this Saturday.

so what happens when NY Pounds ur cats..Is the cats a second rate program?

Irishgold1988
Waterboy

Post by Irishgold1988 »

"welfare state" haha this truly makes me laugh, especially since the comment was put forth from someone who lives in southeastern Ohio, who NBC dubbed "the third-world area of the Midwest". Apologies for those will undoubtedly be offended by this.

Return to “Football”