Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Simple poll: Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Re: Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Orestes wrote:
81dendmhs74 wrote:What's up 84 you don't think the BUckeyes will win the title, I am shocked. From what all the posters say the Bucks can walk on water.... LOL

Does it bother you that Nelsonville York fans act like fanatics and are positive and upbeat about their team?

It sure seems like a small issue to expend energy typing about. Come on. I'm sure you're not that small.
I am not that small it's just you can get a rise out of people on here. If they didn't bark back what fun would that be???????? And I do agree that NY has some of the best fans in se ohio...... PS: as cold as it's may be friday nite Athens too may be walking on water. LOL

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

81dendmhs74 wrote:
Orestes wrote:
81dendmhs74 wrote:What's up 84 you don't think the BUckeyes will win the title, I am shocked. From what all the posters say the Bucks can walk on water.... LOL

Does it bother you that Nelsonville York fans act like fanatics and are positive and upbeat about their team?

It sure seems like a small issue to expend energy typing about. Come on. I'm sure you're not that small.
I am not that small it's just you can get a rise out of people on here. If they didn't bark back what fun would that be???????? And I do agree that NY has some of the best fans in se ohio...... PS: as cold as it's may be friday nite Athens too may be walking on water. LOL
Guess I'm gonna have to draw you a picture, as there will be no ice thick enough to support their thick craniums.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I'm glad this game is still being played on Friday night and wasn't moved to Saturday. I don't think NY could ever have a bigger regular season game than this and it's on a Friday night. Hopefully we won't see any more of those Saturday games on future NY schedules.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Check this out, it was a tribute to last years class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdLKBn6pDTI

Shows where our fanaticism comes from.

GREAT VIDEO NATE

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

BIGHITSINC wrote:Check this out, it was a tribute to last years class.

GREAT VIDEO NATE
The sharks are with us....... It has a ring to it "The Nelsonville York Sharks".... What do you think ??????

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

81dendmhs74 wrote:

GREAT VIDEO NATE
The sharks are with us....... It has a ring to it "The Nelsonville York Sharks".... What do you think ??????
Yep, has a ring to it , and quite descriptive of them boys in the brown, white and orange.

Bulldogs are their prey. :mrgreen:

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

BIGHITSINC wrote:
81dendmhs74 wrote:

GREAT VIDEO NATE
Yep, has a ring to it , and quite descriptive of them boys in the brown, white and orange.

Bulldogs are their prey. :mrgreen:
Yes, the Fish must eat.. I just hope that both teams can get through this game without any injurys. I think I may make the trip north to see this one..

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Uh, I don't see many Bulldogs swimming in the ocean these days fellas ... Might want to find something else to munch on ... How about a Valley Indian in week 11? Indians swim in the ocean don't they? or how about a Wheelersburg Pirate? There ya go.

Starve this week - fill up on Pirates next week ... Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.

:mrgreen:

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

Here's a nice little piece on "The Game" done by Gridiron Glory. Being that I live in Texas, I rely heavily on these guys to give me stats and highlights from good ole SEO. This new guy Blake runs a tight ship it seems.

http://woub.org/2011/10/26/gridiron-glo ... ive-athens

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

GOOOOOO
BUCKEYES

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

One more day from "The Game" Go Bucks Expect Victory Paint of the Wall

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

NYbuckeyes96 --
I like the list of games, but I think you left off a big one!

NY@Athens 2002

Athens finally gets the monkey off their backs!

Score - Very Close til the end. Hail-Mary completion would have changed everything...

Winner -- Came down to the very end as a (NY) Jason Meade hail-mary was intercepted by (ATH) Grant Gregory and returned for a touchdown which made the score seem a little off from the actual battle that happened on the field. The big statistic that stood out in this game was Athens 300 yards on the ground (200 by Athens TB)...has a team come close to doing that against NY since?

Importance -- Athens ended NY's 12 year run of smothering the Doc Kroner Trophy and finally brought it back home to the Kroner Dog House where it belongs. Also, on a side note...This was (NY) Kevin Meade's last game as a coach against the Bulldogs (had to throw that in there, he is my Grandparents neighbor :) )

Athletes --
(NY) had some great players in Adam Van Dyke, Jason Meade, Brandon Maiden to name a few...
(ATH) had some great players in Corey Champlin, Grant Gregory, Chris Hewitt and Eliot Niceswanger to name a few...

Just my Opinion NY96...
I always love reading your post as you are not just a fan of your team, but your a fan of the game as well...

Go ATHENS!
"JUST WIN BABY!"

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

N-Y takes it All!

Buckyes 28

bulldogs 0

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

questionmark wrote:Just my Opinion NY96...
I always love reading your post as you are not just a fan of your team, but your a fan of the game as well...

Thanks! :-D

GO BUCKS!

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

Nelsonville-York (151 Boys) takes all the hype out of the game. They beat Athens (297 Boys) by 3+ scores and have complete control of the game throughout.

NY - Too Much
Athens - Not Enough

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ButterFingers wrote:Nelsonville-York (151 Boys) takes all the hype out of the game. They beat Athens (297 Boys) by 3+ scores and have complete control of the game throughout.

NY - Too Much
Athens - Not Enough

50 players for Athens; 57 players for Nelsonville-York

That is the only number that matters.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

N-Y by as much as they want to score.

nowheretogo
Waterboy

Post by nowheretogo »

93Bulldog wrote:
ButterFingers wrote:Nelsonville-York (151 Boys) takes all the hype out of the game. They beat Athens (297 Boys) by 3+ scores and have complete control of the game throughout.

NY - Too Much
Athens - Not Enough

Question, you don't dress your Freshman correct? Because I have heard you have 30 Kids on the Freshmen Team, Guess what, out of those 57 N-Y have, there are Freshman dressed.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

93Bulldog wrote:

NY - Too Much
Athens - Not Enough

No, not when the 50 for NY includes freshmen, and Athens has 26 freshmen that are not included in that 57. It is more like 83 to 50. That is the only number that matters. Also, if it was 57 to 50, hurray for NY coach for getting that many to play at a D5 school, and shame on your coach for only getting that many to play at a D3 school.

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

The only number that matters is the score at the end of the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That being said, in all honesty, I think it's great that Athens at least gives themselves a shot this year. Unfortunatly for them, there is still a game to be played, and I'm afraid it might get ugly.

Return to “Football”