WHAT DOES IRONTON'S SCHEDULE LOOK LIKE FOR 2012

starbase_318
Varsity

Re: WHAT DOES IRONTON'S SCHEDULE LOOK LIKE FOR 2012

Post by starbase_318 »

THrow Waverly in there to make it an even 8. But you are right, they won't let Ptown in let alone Ptown and Itown. All the SOC II teams would have to walk away from their decades long tradition for a startup. Like you, I don't see it happening but who knows.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:WHO DO WE HAVE ALREADY SET UP TO PLAY , AND HOW MANY OPENINGS.
AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------well , ain't somebody creative. that's funny though, i'll give you that. you moderators are a hoot.tell pepsiman i said hey.

I'm right here bigboy.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

starbase_318 wrote:THrow Waverly in there to make it an even 8. But you are right, they won't let Ptown in let alone Ptown and Itown. All the SOC II teams would have to walk away from their decades long tradition for a startup. Like you, I don't see it happening but who knows.

Get your facts straight. It's not the SOCII schools that won't let Portsmouth in, it's the SOCI schools. Both leagues vote on it and the smaller schools don't want them in. I'm sure Wheelersburg, West, Minford, and Waverly would have no problem with them being in since they play them anyway in most sports and Burg and West already play them in football.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
starbase_318 wrote:THrow Waverly in there to make it an even 8. But you are right, they won't let Ptown in let alone Ptown and Itown. All the SOC II teams would have to walk away from their decades long tradition for a startup. Like you, I don't see it happening but who knows.

Get your facts straight. It's not the SOCII schools that won't let Portsmouth in, it's the SOCI schools. Both leagues vote on it and the smaller schools don't want them in. I'm sure Wheelersburg, West, Minford, and Waverly would have no problem with them being in since they play them anyway in most sports and Burg and West already play them in football.
Valley wouldn't mind either. I believe Portsmouth will be Valleys first game in football starting 2012. Not sure how long the series will be for

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I didn't think Valley played them other than in scrimmage. It's good to hear that they are putting them on the schedule.

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

Join ECOL. Two teams still playing in reg finals.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

that would be sweet i would love to see valley play portsmouth they play so many bad teams too bad tho valley is not going to be good next year prob but i think in 2 years they will be a nice team again

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Get my facts straight? Where are my facts wrong? I responded to wipala's comment about "boys in the soc". I said they, implying "boys in the soc", won't let Ptown in let alone Ptown and Itown. I'm aware most say Ptown can't get in because of one or more teams in the SOC I. Sorry for the confusion in my comments.

BTW, Valley plays Ptown next year in football. I believe it's a 2 year deal.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

izladoom wrote:that would be sweet i would love to see valley play portsmouth they play so many bad teams too bad tho valley is not going to be good next year prob but i think in 2 years they will be a nice team again
Valley will be fine next year. I think their defense will be better but their offense will not be as explosive. You cant replace someone like yates. But i think the RB and FB will be fine with Arnett and Jordan

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Leo Byrd wrote:May I make a friendly suggestion to all who dont know, and those who think they know, and those who want to know, the number for the Athletic Department at Ironton High School is:

740-532-3911, Option 4
I called the AD this morning and he told me not to tell anyone but the schedule wont be out for a while........

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Will Ironton drop down to Division 5 next year? They were only 3/4 away from this year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

tk421 wrote:Will Ironton drop down to Division 5 next year? They were only 3/4 away from this year.
Division reallignments have been 2 year cycles. So Ironton will be D4 for at least 1 more year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Alot of West people would like to see Ironton on the schedule again.

Has alot of positives, especially compared to playing some of the OVC schools. Personally I would rather us pick up another spread team. That's what we struggle more with and we need to see it more to get better at stopping it.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

starbase_318 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Get my facts straight? Where are my facts wrong? I responded to wipala's comment about "boys in the soc". I said they, implying "boys in the soc", won't let Ptown in let alone Ptown and Itown. I'm aware most say Ptown can't get in because of one or more teams in the SOC I. Sorry for the confusion in my comments.

BTW, Valley plays Ptown next year in football. I believe it's a 2 year deal.

You only mentioned the SOCII in your comment so I thought you meant they wouldn't let them in. Sorry for the confusion.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

It's all good! :mrgreen:

As far as Ironton's schedule, I'll be very surprised if Oak Hill is on their schedule.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

starbase_318 wrote:It's all good! :mrgreen:

As far as Ironton's schedule, I'll be very surprised if Oak Hill is on their schedule.
I would be more than surprised........and the fallout from his Majesty up north would be hard to swallow...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
starbase_318 wrote:It's all good! :mrgreen:

I would be more than surprised........and the fallout from his Majesty up north would be hard to swallow...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The indigestion would be too much to handle. :oops: :oops: :oops: :122245

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak hill and ironton will be playing

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Will it be in week 9? Most teams are in league play and it is hard to find an opponent that week. Who did we pick up to replace Wheelersburg in week 2? Are there any other changes for Oak Hill?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Oak hill and ironton will be playing
Last edited by BubbleGumTiger on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”