WHAT DOES IRONTON'S SCHEDULE LOOK LIKE FOR 2012

starbase_318
Varsity

Re: WHAT DOES IRONTON'S SCHEDULE LOOK LIKE FOR 2012

Post by starbase_318 »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
MightyOaksFan wrote:Oak hill and ironton will be playing
Is this a one year deal or will it be a home and home?

I"m loading up on pepcid!! :12224 :12224 :12224

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Oak hill and ironton will be playing
You are absolutely correct, the Tigers and Oaks will lock horns in week 9 and that came straight from the horse's mouth...........

Nothing like a road trip to the Hill, by way of the Ribber :!: :!: :!:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

we are surely not going up there??????

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Southeast Ohio needs to build them a really tough Conf something like the MAC. They have so many good teams in their Conf it's like a play off every week. They had Five teams make it to the playoffs this year and three are still in. Coldwater won tonight and they have two playing tomorrow, against each other in Div Six. It seems like every year they have a State Championship team out of that Conf. Nobody went undefeated this year in the MAC. I didn't get to watch any of them play this year because I was watching Ironton play every week. I live just outside of Springfield, so yes I did some driving to watch Ironton play. I always thought that we just didn't have a super tough Conf in the Southeast Ohio. It would be great to see it change but if it don't don't look for any state champions anytime soon.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Oak hill vs ironton that's gonna get ugly quick!

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

I guess this is how you schedule "UP" like many ITown fans boast about all the time. Hats off to Oak Hill for picking up this game, although I think it may have been a better idea to rebuild your program a few years before jumping into this game. Bad decision IMHO. Oaks do have talent coming but it is about 3-4 years away....even with the drop in talent at Ironton it will be hard to compete next season.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

tl895 wrote:we are surely not going up there??????

I don't see anything as to why ironton fans wouldn't want to travel to Oak Hill for a game. It's far better than having to make a long haul to Columbus or better. Plus Oak Hill has an extremely nice stadium! Plenty of seating, good parking and of course the turf field.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

I assume that this will be a week 9 game. If so, for all the reasons why this game shouldn't have been scheduled I think there is one very good resaon why it should. Who else would either team be able to schedule in week 9 when almost everyone else is playing league games? Oak Hill played Division III New Richmond the last two years in week 9. New Richmond didn't bring many fans to Oak Hill, not even their band. Oak Hill brought a better crowd down there, even in a down year, but it still wasn't a large group. Regardless of how it plays out on the field I can understand why this game was scheduled.

With Northwest moving to the SOC I, Oak Hill wil have all league games in the latter part of the season in a few years. There will be an odd number of teams in the SOC II and the OVC then, unless other changes occur, so there will be other scheduling options for Ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

footballfan wrote:I guess this is how you schedule "UP" like many ITown fans boast about all the time. Hats off to Oak Hill for picking up this game, although I think it may have been a better idea to rebuild your program a few years before jumping into this game. Bad decision IMHO. Oaks do have talent coming but it is about 3-4 years away....even with the drop in talent at Ironton it will be hard to compete next season.
----------the schedule up thingie is mute. look at ironton's 2011 schedule.ironton was only 2 players from d5 this year, the burg is d5, in the same region. was it just 2 seasons ago. the shoe was on the other foot. from my understanding we had 4 openings, have to get games somewhere.i'm kinda scratchin my head on this one two. but you have to pay the bills.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

therefore i agree oneoak.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

As the famous tl895 would say, this game will not prepare the Tigers for a state run. I just tired of hearing about how poor the OVC is and how they play a weak schedule (from SOME Ironton fans) and the mighty Tigers schedule a weak Oaks team that is in the middle of rebuilding. Speaking of the Oaks, was this a head coach decision or an AD decision? Seems way to early in the off season to schedule a game of this magnitude on the Oaks part.

I just think it is a bit ironic 'Bait since there is a lot stronger teams available to play week 9 from the Tigers standpoint...check out the OHSAA site. I really think Ironton is going to have a hard time scheduling teams in the near future unless they are willing to play more northern teams. It seems that the old SEOAL has turned their backs on Ironton (not counting Portsmouth) and this is going to create some very real problems especially with the drop in enrollment.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

noreply66 wrote:Might hurt the play off
I realize the TIGERS had a tuff year, but does LOGAN still
have a FOOTBALL program ?

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

These are the teams listed on the OHSAA website with open dates in week 9 along with this year's record.

Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary 8-2 Division III.
Austintown-Fitch 6-4 Division I.
Cleveland Knights I don't beleive they are a memebr of the OHSAA.
Dayton Ponitz CTC 3-6 not counting a loss to the Columbus Crusaders. All three wins were against teams that won only one game. Division IV.
East Liverpool 1-9 with their only win over 1-9 Weir, West Virginia. Division III.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

footballfan wrote:As the famous tl895 would say, this game will not prepare the Tigers for a state run. I just tired of hearing about how poor the OVC is and how they play a weak schedule (from SOME Ironton fans) and the mighty Tigers schedule a weak Oaks team that is in the middle of rebuilding. Speaking of the Oaks, was this a head coach decision or an AD decision? Seems way to early in the off season to schedule a game of this magnitude on the Oaks part.

I just think it is a bit ironic 'Bait since there is a lot stronger teams available to play week 9 from the Tigers standpoint...check out the OHSAA site. I really think Ironton is going to have a hard time scheduling teams in the near future unless they are willing to play more northern teams. It seems that the old SEOAL has turned their backs on Ironton (not counting Portsmouth) and this is going to create some very real problems especially with the drop in enrollment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------AS LONG AS WE ARE NOT LEAGUED UP WE WILL HAVE TROUBLES FILLING UP.BUT IF THE MAJORITY OF THE SCHEDULE IS LIKE THIS, WE'LL HAVE PROBLEMS, NO DISRESPECT TO OAK HILL.

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:WHO DO WE HAVE ALREADY SET UP TO PLAY , AND HOW MANY OPENINGS.
AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I agree bate as long as we are not in a league we will have trouble with week 6-10 and maybe week 5 but we will be ok.
Oak hill is still a div.5 school so we aren't dropping but just a level to play them and I am sure we will get other schools to play us down the road.
And we may have to travel for football and that isn't bad it's as long as every other sport don't have to travel the long distances on school nights that is what the major complaints was there.
It's all good teams want to play Ironton or they don't it's that simple.

chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

people continue to say ironton left the seoal because of travel. It was, but not football or basketball travel. It was things like volleyball, or softball, and all the other non-money making sports. To drive to logan, or chillicothe for a mid week volleyball game makes very little sense. They left in the early eighties because they weren't getting enough computer points, going unbeaten and not making playoffs. If the seoal had a 'football only' membership, they might have stayed. Might even be an idea to save that league, football and basketball membership only, for schools that want it that way. Otherwise the seoal is on life support.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

Ironton plays plenty of teams that prepare them for the playoffs so I don't see why playing some that might not is that big a deal. I'm sure there are plenty of teams that dont play playoff caliber teams every week. I was at Ironton in the early 90's and I can assure you we did'nt play powerhouse programs each week and we did pretty well I think.
Secondly, Irontons enrollment has dropped significantly and the number of athletes isnt what it used to be. Add to that Ironton has lost numerous assistants over the years that were vital to their success, losing another recently. Also we don't know what coach Lutz's future is. The Tigers have graduated a large senior class with many contributors and not much experience or depth returning. Next season could potentially be a tough one for Ironton. I'm sure that would tickle the Tiger haters to death but perhaps some of you should worry about what your schools doing and pick it up a notch because Ironton and a couple others cant carry the torch for southern Ohio football forever.

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

wish we could get local teams on the schedule but we will have to do with what we can get, maybe we should consider getting back into the seoal again; at least the scheduling would be a little easlier; i'd like to see ironton, portsmouth,waverly gallia, and jackson in the seoal south if we ever had enough teams to field a north and south league; skilled positions should be in good shape next with trevor,dion and tanner in the backfield along with patrick.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

I work with a guy from Oak Hill and he believes Oak Hill is scheduled to play Ironton next year.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Oak Hill wasn't just good for two years. You wipe away six losing seasons in this decade, Oak Hill only had two losing seasons during the previous 21 years, one in 1983, and the other in 1997, going 3-7 and 4-6. Just because a team doesn't make the playoffs year in and year out doesn't mean they have a "bad" team, it just means they lost to some quality teams at times. During a four year stretch in the 90's, Lucasville Valley didn't lose a league game, and they may have not even made the playoffs a couple of those years. Scheduling Ironton might not be a bad idea. What if the great and legendary program of Ironton was to lose to Oak Hill? Just saying, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Return to “Football”