All Conference

Re: Predictions for SOC 1 in 2009

Post by NICKNEVADA »

1-east
2-oh
3-nd
4-green
5-sv

There may be a BIG transfer inside this division, which could mix things up in a small conference from spots1-3!!!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Always rumors of kids transfering, some do some don't.....as long as they come to East and not from East I am happy

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Ah. The joy of preseason transfer rumors. I look for East to stay in control, but the Oak Hill- East game will be great! Where is it played at this year?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I believe it is at Oak Hill this year

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

"As for East playing 9 games this upcoming season? It looks like that will be the case; dropping Matewan from the schedule. ATTENTION: I would never recommend any team scheduling Matewan, Wva. That team is has 3 referees that do their games every Friday night. The officiating is the worst in the history of sports; every time! I can show video footage to anyone that would make the mildest football fan ready to commit homocide!"

"So, Coach Hall last year after the game stated we will never play them again, ever! As far as, filling the schedule. I don't know why the week was not filled! That's a question for the AD; but, I do know that it would be hard to fill a week #3 even with a years notice!"

Still crying over getting beat. At least now you have a chance to undefeated again. Your statement about the Officials is just straight BS. Speaking of officials every game I have seen at East has the same set of officials and one line judge whohas to be 100 years old and only throws the flag when the back judge runs over and tells him to. Bottom line stop crying about getting beat and move on.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Foolsgold... If you are a Matewan fan then you should know from experience that all of the refs are either relatives of Yogi or his staff or a school official!

Last year on of the Matewan players hit a East player 3 yards out of bounds on purpose on the home side and the official was going to throw the flag and had it over his head; and Yogi ran up to the official screaming; "You throw that flag and you'll never officiate another game around here!" And, the ref put it back in his pocket! You could hear it in the stands! I have a name for this officiating crew; "The Wrong Turn Crew!"

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Hammerdown wrote
holy moly lewis beat portsmouth in 99 22-12

That may have been Portsmouth Notre Dame.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Tobis wrote
Portsmouth Trojans 1999 7-4-0

Portsmouth 26 Amanda Clearcreek 16
Portsmouth 27 Chillicothe 33
Portsmouth 28 Lancaster Fisher Catholic 0
Portsmouth 32 Waverly 14
Portsmouth 64 Vinton County 18
Portsmouth 12 Ironton 21
Portsmouth 6 Miami Trace 21
Portsmouth 27 Spring Valley, WV 21
Portsmouth 33 Kettering Alter 14
Portsmouth 28 Wheelersburg 21

Portsmouth 16 Germantown Valley View 44 * Playoff Game

Looking at the scores you posted It was prob... East. They played east in 98, 00, 01 according to your scores so thats the team thats it should be.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Axe…Sorry not a fan of Matewan just hate the cry baby stuff. If you get beat just take it, learn from it, and move forward. The crap about the officials is just that crap. To call the officials relatives is a way of making yourself fell better, tell yourself something long enough and you begin t believe it. If you wanted to drop them why do it when they are coming to you field to play. Sounds like just worried about getting beat again. Like I said before I have seen many games at East and it’s always the same refs, but no one cries we they perceive they get the shaft.

Move on it doesn’t do any one any good to keep crying about getting beat

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Foolsgold... Getting beat for East really hasn't happened much lately anyway on the gridiron! Also, if you don't like the crybaby stuff... then why the boohooing about East refs? Are you a Oak Hill fan?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Axe N Shield-saw a DVD last year of a Matewan game when they were on the road. I just had to wonder if the refs are scared of Yogi. I could not believe what I was seeing as far as the calls.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Matewan is a joke, they have a hard time finding people to play just because they give everyone a royal screwing.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Mtswngrvsg... Yogi has something going on in his favor when it comes to the refs! Playing them at home is one of the worst cases of officiating in the U.S., thats no kidding about it!

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Axe… I think you need to read the post again, “but no one cries we they perceive they get the shaft”. That’s not “boohooing”. If you need me to rewrite it to where you can better understand what I said let me know.

Like I said if it were the officiating that that caused you to drop them you would have waited until after they came to your house and played not before. It’s so very obvious as to why you dropped them and that kind of sad, it’s been a good series but I guess you just don’t want to risk a loss.

Mtswngrvsg... The DVD that you speak of, where can I get one? Amazon, netflix, or eBay, I would like to see this intimidation you speak of.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Foolsgold... I'm sorry that your team couldn't beat East for the last three years for at least a share of the SOC I Title! You can perceive or make an excuse for your losses to us anyway that makes you feel good about it!

I do notice that you are the only one who has the perception of having bad officials at East games! But, it does appear that many folks from different school have the same opinion or perception of the Matewan refs and Yogi!

Here's a perception for you to naw on for awhile! You are po'ed about not being able to obtain the SOC I Title! How long has it been since Oak Hill won a conference title anywhere? 1991 SVAC Title! 17 years ago!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

That is not going to happen.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Axe… This has nothing to do with OH, but that a good way to try and change the point of the conversation. But I will indulge you, the reason OH hasn’t won the title in the past several years is the same reason they won’t win it this year. They haven’t had and don’t have the O or D line it takes to win it. As many skill players they have, I think they lack in linemen.

You still haven’t addressed the point about dropping a team because of refs when they come to your house to play, and I suspect you won’t address that point.

Mtswngrvsg... Can’t seem to find that DVD, can you tell me where to get it.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

doesnt symmes valley wanna drop matewan as well for gettin screwed?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I believe I heard Matewan dropped East for this year coming... Maybe they can try and schedule Oak Hill

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

Axe N Shield wrote:Foolsgold... If you are a Matewan fan then you should know from experience that all of the refs are either relatives of Yogi or his staff or a school official!

Last year on of the Matewan players hit a East player 3 yards out of bounds on purpose on the home side and the official was going to throw the flag and had it over his head; and Yogi ran up to the official screaming; "You throw that flag and you'll never officiate another game around here!" And, the ref put it back in his pocket! You could hear it in the stands! I have a name for this officiating crew; "The Wrong Turn Crew!"

Saw game in person..... have watched tape several times.East was not beat.THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO WIN!!!!!!Big difference.

Return to “Football”