Warren Warrior Football 2008

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Re: Warren Warrior Football 2008

Post by warriiorfan »

Just saw the 'Herbstreit's Ohio vs. USA challenge' matchups...surprised that Belpre wasn't on the list...according to Mister B they would be ready from them too!!! :122249

By the way, is that for-real.?. a current player openly talking smack on here? I would think a coach would frown upon that...oh wait they don't have one! :122246

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

BigBlueInsider....Agreed.

schenk11...you have mail

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

The team is lifting harder than ever . . . really. 20+ players with several in track and baseball. I can tell you that the team will be stronger than in recent history.

Virtually all the players that should be there are there. No major defections that I have heard of. By the time the season rolls around several kids will be at 200 lbs. or better, but all of the players will be much, much stronger.

I understand that there is a desire to spread things out a bit more and get folks like Wellspring, Dunfee and others in space where they have shown the ability to be dangerous. Could be interesting . . .

Keep up the hard work Warriors!

DevilDog
Waterboy

Post by DevilDog »

I think Warren's record will be 3-7, maybe 4-6 but guarantee Marietta won't be one of your W's. The spread might fit in with your program, but will take a few years to solidify. Don't Be In A Hurry For Success!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

It's really hard to say what the team's record can be this season. It is very hard to predict with the addition of Meigs, Parkersburg South, Chilli & Ironton. Meigs should be good, Parkersburg South has been down, but it's a large school and they had a bunch of underclassmen playing last year, Chilli and Ironton are always good. Hopefully the team can take another step forward. Warren's JV has been MUCH more competitive the last two years, and that's with several underclassmen players playing up on varsity.

The J.V. contests between Warren and Marietta the last couple seasons do not indicate that Marietta will walk over Warren this year. Two years ago they tied and last year Warren won. Moreover, Warren has definitely been playing more underclassmen up on varsity than Marietta has. I see no reason why this will not be a competitive varsity game this year. I don't see any reason why this won't be a game that Warren can win.

I do agree that patience will remain a virtue with this team.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't Warren's JV give Logan a good game last year?

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

noreply66 wrote:Didn't Warren's JV give Logan a good game last year?

Yes warren lost 2 logan 14-6 in a very tight one.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

Point well taken if you believe in the freshmen, jv records indicating varsity performance...I hope its true in this case because Warren's jv's did compete real well this past year but...I do not really believe in the indication because...
The real good underclassmen who play varsity for other teams usually do not play jv ball, therefore, you are not going against their best...

I know a lot of teams take advantage of the quarter rule, beating it by going by the letter of the law, not the spirit...it is there for a reason, to protect the boys! Is it really worth winning a jv game with boys who played the whole game Friday night and risking injury due to fatigue and/or the violent nature of the game!?!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

We'll see. Prior to the last couple years the JV wasn't competitive and the varsity wasn't either. Warren's JV has been primarily made up of Freshmen and Sophomores (we haven't had a Freshman team). Other JV squads are primarily Sophs and Juniors. It's been a double whammy for the JV because even the better Freshmen and Sophomore players have played varsity. Very few of the other SEOAL programs do not have a Freshman team. Very few have Freshmen and Sophomores playing up as much as Warren.

I think there is reason to believe that the JV success may foreshadow some good things for the varsity.

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

IMHO Coach Swick called alot better game offensively for the J.V. than what was being called on Friday nite. Schob would be a nice addition to that staff but Coach Swick is more than capable of calling that offense. Hopefully Pifer will hand him the reigns this year.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

rumor has it.....

schob WILL be coaching at warren next year.
he is on the list of topics at our april 3rd board meeting

if the rumoris proven to be more than a rumor, i know for a fact the ENTIRE Warrior team will be very happy

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

That is great news for the Warrior program! The offense will be much more exciting. Look for Wellspring and Dunfee to explode this fall. Andy will get a lot more kids out for football.

Andy: Don't forget about the Express softball this summer!

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

Yes. Andy has already some kids to come out. He has finally convinced tyler spence to play next year. this is a huge gain for our defensive backfield and possibly our depth at the reciever position.

i am personally very excited about where Warrens program is heading towards next season

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Spence is playing? Hhmmm did not know that. I hope that he can get clearance from the doctor because he has shoulder issues to work through.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

It is exciting to have Andy and Jason join the staff. They are football folks, they are enthusiastic and they are great people. They will help the program, but more importantly they will be excellent role-models for the kids. Warren has a very, very solid coaching staff. This is a great step forward!

I do think it will help to spread things out a bit. Warren doesn't have the beef to play power football, but they do have the personnel that perform very well in space.

So, 20+ kids lifting in the weight room and great additions to the coaching staff . . . This is the best off-season Warren has had in a long time.

Oh, dare I forget. We are going to have the SAME head coach as last season. That will be the first time that has happened in three years. REAL progress!

DevilDog
Waterboy

Post by DevilDog »

Is this a sure thing or are you just hoping that Schob will be helping you out next year? I still haven't heard definitely that he won't be back at Marietta.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Andy and Jason will be at Warren this fall.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

I have had several conversations, including last night, that say that this may not be a done deal yet.

DevilDog
Waterboy

Post by DevilDog »

Cap'n Scoop, where is this info coming from, RUMOR or reliable sources?

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

i dont know, but andy schob is a pretty reliable source and you could even say an expert on this and he said he was coaching at Warren. he personally told me this.

Return to “Football”