D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by mstangmom »

Here is Amandas Post season Record

Amanda-Clearcreek - 2006, 2004 (2nd), 2003 (2nd), 2002, 2001, 2000 (1st), 1999 (1st), 1997 (2nd), 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1991, 1989, 1985

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

mstangmom wrote:I don't really tink you can say they play a weak schedule
For starters they are 10-0
they Beat 3 other playoff teams
DIV Zane Trace 6th place in DV R15
DIII Logan Elm 4th place in DIII R12
DII Canal Winchester 7th place DII R7
Other "winning" teams they have beat include
Newark Catholic
Liberty Union
Fairfield Union
Only 4 teams on thier schedule hae a "losing" record
Circleville
Teays Valley
Bloom Carroll
Hamilton Township
Now Tigers90 says they were not that impressive last Friday night but I would have to ask How long were the starters really in the game considering they won 66-14.
I will also add I have never thought AC looked impressive on the field but they always seem to win. their games have always seemed "slow" and "uncoordinated" to me but it works for them.

That's one thing that surprised me about this staff...they kept their starters in until the middle of the fourth quarter...and it was a blow out from the middle of the first quarter...however...the mention of the schedule..yes there are some winning teams..but how many will make it through the first round...I doubt any...Logan Elm barely got by circleville the other night..fairfield union is down this year..a good friend of mine lives there and said they aren't that good this year..Newark Catholic isn't what they usually are..don't know a thing about Liberty union or canal winchester...

I would love it if I am wrong about them..but after watching Ironton all year...and their opponents...CC wasn't any better than some of the weaker teams Ironton faced during the season...and that isn't a jab...Ironton faced many good teams...Burg and Nelsonville are good teams...just that they aren't real good...and other than Chillicothe and Gallipolis...Burg and Nelsonville are probably two of the weaker teams Ironton faced this year

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Well I would say Logan Elm will advance I doubt they win the region again but they will advance

Zane trace IF healthy has a very good chance to advance

Canal, I don't know I got a feeling Logan will beat them but anything can happen. But I have actually been leaning toward Logan doing really good in playoffs this year.

But really Tigers how many of Ironton opponets advaced past round 1 in the past and yet Ironton continued on?

AC will win fairly easy this week, thier biggest challange will be Ironton

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

kantuckyII wrote:From what I've been able to read about Amanda's Garren Dilley, who broke his leg last week a poster mentioned, I don't know how anyone could dismiss the huge impact this will have on Amanda-Clearcreek in the playoffs. Not saying he was their offense but, again, from what I've been able to gather so far, he was a very large part of it. The Cleveland Plain Dealer, says about Dilley in their DIV playoff preview:
'The Aces took a huge hit when RB Garren Dilley (1,386 yards, 15 TDs) broke his leg in Friday's win over Bloom-Carroll'

Interestingly, the Plain Dealer also picks Amanda-Clearcreek as a final four finisher....that's interesting..now, in DIV ball, how could, losing a that good of a RB not make a huge difference in your team? I mean, just on a physiological standpoint alone, it's big. The same poster, mentioned that Dilley is a 230lb RB. I'm assuming he done a lot of blocking too in the backfield as well.

Cleveland's distance from Amanda is similar to Ironton's distance.
Maybe they don't put anymore reasoning behind their statements than TIGERS90 does.
Maybe its the distance :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Have you all seen Amanda play???

They have like 4 backs who would start on any team.
They will run run run the ball. They will not try to suprise you. See if you can stop them. Thats what they do best.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Have you all seen Amanda play???

They have like 4 backs who would start on any team.
They will run run run the ball. They will not try to suprise you. See if you can stop them. Thats what they do best.

I have not seen Amanda play this year.
I have seen them play many times.
I doubt they have four backs who could start on any team.
But overall this is a scouting report I can believe in.
You can beat Amanda by stopping the run.
It is easier said than done.
When you put eitght or nine in the box, they may burn you thru the air.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Amanda will win the region,IMO :idea:

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Ac probably would have won the region if they're coach would have been more worried about staying healthy for the playoffs.. Instead of trying to run up the score on a BAD team because it's " senior night". Well they got caught up in it and list their best player and heart and soul of their team. I bet now they wish they would have just played young kids after the first quarter last week.

Ac will probably still demolish Alexander, but then things will get tough for them. I can't see them beating ironton or Heath.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Alexander Spartans, Strap em up tight and play the best game of your life!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

judge_smales
Waterboy

Post by judge_smales »

falcon01 wrote:Ac probably would have won the region if they're coach would have been more worried about staying healthy for the playoffs.. Instead of trying to run up the score on a BAD team because it's " senior night". Well they got caught up in it and list their best player and heart and soul of their team. I bet now they wish they would have just played young kids after the first quarter last week.

Ac will probably still demolish Alexander, but then things will get tough for them. I can't see them beating ironton or Heath.

That's a horrible thing to say about one of the best coaches in the state of Ohio. It happened about 6 minutes into the second quarter, every coach would still have his starters in then. That could have happened on the first play of the game.....

Offense wins games DEFENSE wins championships!!!!!

GO ACES!!!!!!!

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

falcon01 I don't know who you support but would you ask your seniors to sit out senior night. You have hub disease. The starters knew they were done after the first half. Heck on my senior night we snuck back on the field because the reserve were going to let up a score in the last minute. Mr. Dilley got hurt in the second quarter by a kid who wasn't man enough to take him on and threw a helmet into hsi ankles.
Any player can be hurt on any play. I believe Alex lost a starter on week 8. Coach Hinton has my vote as coach of the year in the state going 3-7 to 10-0.

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

HUB SPEAKS"That's one thing that surprised me about this staff...they kept their starters in until the middle of the fourth quarter...and it was a blow out from the middle of the first quarter...however...the mention of the schedule..yes there are some winning teams..but how many will make it through the first round...I doubt any...Logan Elm barely got by circleville the other night..fairfield union is down this year..a good friend of mine lives there and said they aren't that good this year..Newark Catholic isn't what they usually are..don't know a thing about Liberty union or canal winchester...

I would love it if I am wrong about them..but after watching Ironton all year...and their opponents...CC wasn't any better than some of the weaker teams Ironton faced during the season...and that isn't a jab...Ironton faced many good teams...Burg and Nelsonville are good teams...just that they aren't real good...and other than Chillicothe and Gallipolis...Burg and Nelsonville are probably two of the weaker teams Ironton faced this year"

Now I know you were lost last Friday and at the wrong ball game. My son was the last starter to leave the field They gave him one series on offense in the third quarter. Amanda substituted liberally all the senior played. There were reserves every where. And as for your scouting report the connection of #52 (center) to #27(QB) to #88( reciever) was the first time it has happened all year. They are best friends and its all they mentioned. #88 whom you touted as a primary reciever has 5 catches on varsity. You know so little and speak so big. You are lost. Can you find your way to the right game this week?
Ironton will be a challenge. But we have a 240 lb 6' backup to Mr. Dilley. and three speed guys to plug in as needed. POOR ironton will have it's hands full with Heath.
Last edited by acespop on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

kantuckyII wrote:Did they use Dilley like I imagined? A lot of blocking too and punishing the defensive line?

No. Not at all.
Dilley was listed as fullback, but was used more or less like a tailback. Coach had done a great job of splitting the carries, between the two backs all season. His partner is very quick and that took some of the heat off of Dilley, as apposed to last years 3-7 season when it was 8 in the box against one.
Kind of ironic that Dilley was carrying a lighter load this season... less carries & virtually no defensive play, in order to keep him fresh/healthy.
We have two kids that are capable of stepping in. One has a similar style to #2 who has been out there all year, the other is a scrapper, runs bigger than what he is, with excellent speed.
It's a shame those outside our league aren't going to get the chance to see what we have had the pleasure of seeing all year. Tigers90 has no idea how clueless he is...I remember the Cole boy who ran the years we won our back to back titles, and Dilley in my opinion is every bit as good a runner, but it took a good line and a killer defense to do what those title teams did and we have some of that going for us as well.
We're minus a heck of a back, but we have plenty of tools to carry on.
I agree mustangmom, I think these boys will be fighting that much harder.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

CCfan I got to go to dayton Sat. but doing everything I can to get back in time for this game. If everything I know about the Aces from the past holds true I don't see the loss of one kid on the field stopping them from obtaining thier goal. Been awhile since I made the trip to the PIT, where would you suggest is the best parking for people who are just coming to watch?

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Amanda Clearcreek looks unbeatable--great defense, power offense, huge tradition. I have not seen them play, but they look strong.

Alexander is definitely the dark horse, as they have been all year. Which Alexander team will show--the one that lost to Athens (5 turnovers)? the one that spotted Meigs 14 points before starting to play?

Line play in the first 5 minutes will tell the tale of the game. I don't see either team getting away for the core play that got them here. I also don't think this will be the blowout that everyone predicts.

I pick Alexander in the stunner upset.

Good luck to both teams. See you at the game.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Great article. What an amazing family. Another note: Alexander coach Arno was an assistant/defensive coordinator under Heath Hinton at Wellston.

All of the Hinton family should be proud of their football coaching and their leadership in developing countless young men. You definitely have earned our respect.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

falcon01 wrote:Ac probably would have won the region if they're coach would have been more worried about staying healthy for the playoffs.. Instead of trying to run up the score on a BAD team because it's " senior night". Well they got caught up in it and list their best player and heart and soul of their team. I bet now they wish they would have just played young kids after the first quarter last week.

As I said earlier...they weren't on the same level as Ironton before they lost their big back...they just didn't have the whole team...they have three good linemen on the offensive line...and one of those linemen is a good linebacker...They are a good team...just not what many are trying to believe they are...

Dilley was a big back...and was really quick for his size..would have started on any team in the region...however...had there been a decent team on the other side of the field...he wouldn't have gotten the yardage that he ran for against them...not close....many of the things they got away with last friday would have been shut down by a decent team...

I didn't say that 88 was the primary reciever...actually it seems that 32 caught most of the passes...however...they almost always passed the ball when 88 entered the game...

Also...yes..there were many starters in the game mid way through the fourth quarter...everyone around me were talking about it and asking why...especially after dilley was hurt...
Last edited by TIGERS90 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

judge_smales
Waterboy

Post by judge_smales »

tigers90.....I will have to agree with you.....the Aces are not on the same level as Ironton......my opinion is..... we are a tick above them.

GO ACES!!!!!

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

judge_smales wrote:tigers90.....I will have to agree with you.....the Aces are not on the same level as Ironton......my opinion is..... we are a tick above them.

GO ACES!!!!!

I hope we get to show you why you are sooooo wrong...wish it was against you...however..I doubt you make it to that stage...good luck judge...

Return to “Football”