D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

iwearblacknikes
S

Re: D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Post by iwearblacknikes »

People on here that are so negative toward the Oaks get under my skin.Those boys have worked hard all season long to get to where they are and I believe that they can win Friday. There is no reason to put these boys down and say that they are going to lose horribly and don't stand a chance. Well, I believe the Oaks do stand a chance and I know they are going to play their hearts out on Friday. Now let's go win that dang ball game! LETS GO OAKS!

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

I think some of you may be short changing the Oaks a little. They are 11-0 for a reason. I bet the Wood Coaching Staff is not thinking this is going to be an easy game for them. If the Oaks do have size, that could cause some problems for the Wood. The big question I have is, can their big boys move. If they can, then this will be a close game, if not, the Wood's quickness will eat them alive.

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

Can you turn left off of fair ave. on to arbor valley rd right before the high school and get to parking that way?

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

good luck to the oaks,, but i would be on the hill doing a rain dance....

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

bobcatfan4728 wrote:Can you turn left off of fair ave. on to arbor valley rd right before the high school and get to parking that way?

I would say you probably can, but I've never tried that, so I can't give you a definite answer.

Looking at MapQuest, I would think that there would definitely be a way to get to the parking lot from that road, but again, I'm not sure.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

I would like to wish the Oaks good luck. But in my heart I think it will take a lot more than luck. RidgeWood is the rea ldeal, there team speed is everywhere. Ridgewood 42 Oak Hill 14.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Lets go oaks...we believe!!!

bballinfool
Waterboy

Post by bballinfool »

02... you can turn left. There will be a stop sign where you can see the field on the left. Turn left @ that stop sign. It takes you to the High School where we play basketball if you go far enough. Parking is on the right, which is really behind the field.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

They have a great quarterback... He is for real... I just dont think they have run into any defense... this week or next, the d shows up.. the quarterback stud will slow down.. that is how these five games to a championshhip work... defense wins games... oh, unless he's like Ben Mauk of the Kenton champions for several seasons... can you say cannon arm... ten second scores every other three minutes or so...

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

not even in same class as MAUK..

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

iwearblacknikes wrote:People on here that are so negative toward the Oaks get under my skin.Those boys have worked hard all season long to get to where they are and I believe that they can win Friday. There is no reason to put these boys down and say that they are going to lose horribly and don't stand a chance. Well, I believe the Oaks do stand a chance and I know they are going to play their hearts out on Friday. Now let's go win that dang ball game! LETS GO OAKS!
hammer89 wrote:I think some of you may be short changing the Oaks a little. They are 11-0 for a reason. I bet the Wood Coaching Staff is not thinking this is going to be an easy game for them. If the Oaks do have size, that could cause some problems for the Wood. The big question I have is, can their big boys move. If they can, then this will be a close game, if not, the Wood's quickness will eat them alive.

I don't think that anyone on here who thinks that the Oaks will not win is questioning their heart or determination. I have seen them play and I believe that they are the real deal. After seeing what Ridgewood brings to the table and what the Oaks bring that I would give the edge to Ridgewood. They have the playoff experience and better overall team speed and I just feel that these will be the deciding factors IMHO.
I feel the Oaks have a chance, a very good one. If I was told to pick a winner though I would go with the Wood. I really hope the Oaks prove me wrong.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I have stayed off of most of the topics involving Oak Hill because I know one of their staff members really well. No one on here thought the Oaks would have this type of season. I think they weren't even picked to win their league. Many thought East would pull it off again this year. I know for a fact some said when they hit the stretch of Trimble, Minford, East they would lose one or two games. Guess what, they are 11-0 and soundly defeated Coal Grove last week (which I thought wouldn't happen) I have seen Oak Hill play 3 times this year . . . they have good (not great) speed, they are strong, and will hit you real well. Haven't seen Ridgewood. I was told they are fast. Speed is a relative thing and always debated around football. I say their speed isn't that much greater than Oak Hill's but the Oaks strength and balanced offense will give them the edge. Oaks 28 Ridgewood 14

earp
S

Post by earp »

Everybody in D-5 is just playing for 2nd anyway!The road to the title will go through Coldwater or Ursuline eventually! ;-)

lugnut61
Waterboy

Post by lugnut61 »

yes once whoever wins this region the season is over because they will be playing irish fro youngstown ursiline

they are legit dont let their record decieve you they have only lost to 2 very good division one teams and youngstown cardinal mooney which is d3 but might as well be a small college

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Da Bears wrote: I say their speed isn't that much greater than Oak Hill's but the Oaks strength and balanced offense will give them the edge.

You will be surprised at how fast ridgewood is. I didn't think that they would be any faster then burg until I saw them play :oops: .

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Da Bears:

I have said it all year. I realize that RV wasn't much of a challenge this year but after watching them play there, I knew that no one else we had seen was as good as OH. They have great strength and size and their coach seems to be able to control them like they are wearing shock collars. When he said to pour it on they did and when he said stop they did that as well. This isn't heresay because I was standing right among them and saw it happen. They were very regimented and in control of the situation.

I applaud Oak Hill's system for getting behind their programs and doing what it takes to field teams that can compete at this level. I am not familiar with their opponents from here on out but I hope that they go all the way. It appears to me that they have put in the work to have earned it.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the basketball players from last year's championship team are playing on this football squad? A few I'll bet. Athletes are athletes and it seems they have some. Good luck Oaks in the playoffs.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

players from the state championship team are(I may be missing some):
Jesse Slone
Kyle Ondera
Westen Hale
Chris Fairchild
Drew Cannon

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I have to say...I feel Oak hill will win this game...UNLESS....they turn the ball over as they did early in the CG game....Oak hill could go really far this year...I don't believe this region has a team that should get them after watching them play...if anyone...Maybe the Burg...but I thought Oak hill looked like a strong overall team against CG...I also know CG didn't have the best Defense...however...looking at Oak hill playing CG and then Watching Amanda CC...I left the game the other night thinking that Oak Hill was a much better team all around...

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

This could be a very interesting game. If Oak Hill brings their A game they might just be sitting in the regional championship. However I still think Wheelersburg is the best team in the region when they are on.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

bballinfool wrote:02... you can turn left. There will be a stop sign where you can see the field on the left. Turn left @ that stop sign. It takes you to the High School where we play basketball if you go far enough. Parking is on the right, which is really behind the field.

Thanks. Sounds good.

Return to “Football”