Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Obviously Burg hasn't played any1 and Minford has played a powerhouse schedule.... So I'll say Minford 60+ Burg 0

Well if you look at the numbers Burg has 54 level 2 points compared to Minford's 67.5. Minford also has more level 1 points.

Probably why Minford has a much higher total average! So if you want to compare schedules and wins, its not hard to figure out![

You can't really figure out strength of schedule that way can you because you get nothing for a loss. You could play all D1 schools and obviously play a very tough schedule but if you go 0-10 you have 0's across the board.
Sure you can. Losses are meaningless. Wins count. That is why this system is in place.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

I think all the crap needs to stop and we just let the teams play the game on Friday night. Both teams are very capable of winning this game. Burg has a high powered offense and Minford has a ball control offense. If Minford can control the ball it will keep Burg's offense on the sideline. Burg has a very solid defense as they all but shut down Ironton's offense as well as Portsmouth, Fairlands supposedly high powered offense and just totally dominated and dismantled Jackson. Minford's defense has seemed to be very strong as well so this has the makings of being a game just like the two in 08 that Burg won 14-7 and 14-6.

Good luck to both teams and here is to an injury free game

Ironton had 238 yards rushing against Burg. It wasnt all Lewis either. Schweickart nearly went for 100 yards too. White had 56 yards.

I dont think I would call that "all but shut down Ironton's offense". Sure Burg played right with them after giving up a few quick TD's.....but come on now. I watched that game and Ironton ran up and down the field all night and won because of their ball control.

Ironton might have ran up and down the field, but sure didn't dominate that game. Take away the fumble for a TD (Burg player did not have possession) the pass interference against the Burg on 4th down(not a lot of contact) and the non PI call against Ironton in the endzone(Drrabbitt has the pic) and Burg wins that game going away.

i wish u would make up your mind already. first they pretty much shut down ironton, then they ran up and down the field.

regardless burg didnt beat ironton. ironton stopped burg's high powered offense enough to win.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Come on Friday :122245 :122245

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Obviously Burg hasn't played any1 and Minford has played a powerhouse schedule.... So I'll say Minford 60+ Burg 0

Well if you look at the numbers Burg has 54 level 2 points compared to Minford's 67.5. Minford also has more level 1 points.

Probably why Minford has a much higher total average! So if you want to compare schedules and wins, its not hard to figure out!
Let's try this one more time, I agree losses are useless point wise because you don't get any computer points, I agree but your insinuating minford has played a tougher schedule because they have more points and that statement can not be proven by computer points. If that is your opinion that's fine but your number of computer points does not prove your argument. You could go 0-10 and have all your losses against the top 10 D1 schools and most people would consider that a tougher schedule than someone that goes 10-0 against opponents who didn't win a game but the 10-0 school will have more points. You would have a much better argument basing strength of schedule on computer points if you had 2 undefeated teams matching up.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

[quote=

Probably why Minford has a much higher total average! So if you want to compare schedules and wins, its not hard to figure out![

You can't really figure out strength of schedule that way can you because you get nothing for a loss. You could play all D1 schools and obviously play a very tough schedule but if you go 0-10 you have 0's across the board.[/quote]

Sure you can. Losses are meaningless. Wins count. That is why this system is in place.[/quote]

Ummmm...No Red.

I am not sure if you are trying to joke around or not, but that argument just doesn't hold water.

I don't think there is any doubt that Waverly's (4 1st level/13.5 second level) schedule is tougher than Huntington's (16.5/29.5).

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Here is something I found. Take it how you want it. From Drew Pasteurs fantastic 50
#201 Wheelersburg (6-1) 114.4
Ranked #16 of 118 in Division V, #2 in Region 19
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.385, #492 toughest (of 719)

#283 Minford (7-0) 107.0
Ranked #30 of 123 in Division IV, #4 in Region 15
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.240, #631 toughest (of 719)

There is your strength of schedule. Minford fans probably wont like it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

My point is you can play the toughest schedule in the state and it doesnt matter if you go 0-10. If you want playoff points, you have to win the games.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Bleeding Red wrote:My point is you can play the toughest schedule in the state and it doesnt matter if you go 0-10. If you want playoff points, you have to win the games.
I understand your point. I've said the exact same thing.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:My point is you can play the toughest schedule in the state and it doesnt matter if you go 0-10. If you want playoff points, you have to win the games.
Not taking a shot, but what is Valley's, I couldn't navigate myself to that page on drew's site.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

NewEra wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:
Not taking a shot, but what is Valley's, I couldn't navigate myself to that page on drew's site.
#189 Valley (Lucasville) (7-0) 115.5
Ranked #13 of 118 in Division V, #1 in Region 19
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.216, #657 toughest (of 719)

I believe this changes week to week with oponent wins and losses

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

Some early weather forecasts have hinted at rain........ that may also slow down a spread offense

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I have watched Minford play Portsmouth and Burg play Portsmouth and Jackson. I dont believe I remember hearing or telling that Minford has played a spread this year. Correct me if im wrong. That could be huge plus for Burg. I can remember standing on the sideklines and calling to whom Eddie would throw the pass to based on the defensive set, who playing coverage vs Burg receivers. And when the coverage shifted to compensate, Burgs Oline would take over and Burg would run run run, then spread you out even further and dink and dunk till you changed etc.... I think this spread is much more ahead than spreads I have seen from many other teams the last few yrs. It will be harder to defend this spread and run, than to play disciplined defense against the wing t. And Minfords Oline is not on par with Ironton or even Jackson from what I can tell. Should be an interesting game. And at Home, I take the Pirates in this one.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

demaniac1 wrote:I have watched Minford play Portsmouth and Burg play Portsmouth and Jackson. I dont believe I remember hearing or telling that Minford has played a spread this year. Correct me if im wrong. That could be huge plus for Burg. I can remember standing on the sideklines and calling to whom Eddie would throw the pass to based on the defensive set, who playing coverage vs Burg receivers. And when the coverage shifted to compensate, Burgs Oline would take over and Burg would run run run, then spread you out even further and dink and dunk till you changed etc.... I think this spread is much more ahead than spreads I have seen from many other teams the last few yrs. It will be harder to defend this spread and run, than to play disciplined defense against the wing t. And Minfords Oline is not on par with Ironton or even Jackson from what I can tell. Should be an interesting game. And at Home, I take the Pirates in this one.
Minford played Piketon who threw the ball over 30 times. Issac Brabson is one of the better QB's in Southeastern Ohio, and his weapons on Evan Ferguson, Williams, Royster, Waddell, are no slouches at the skill positions. I will be able to tell you a little more as far as comparing the arms of these two QBs after I see Miller's arm friday night. Brabson was making out-route throws to the edge of the field, which is a difficult high level college throw.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Issac Brabson is one of the better QB's in Southeastern Ohio.[/quote]

I agree with this statement 100%.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I think miller is a very good qb and football player. He throws a very nice ball but he does not have a cannon for an arm. Has minford played on turf this yr?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

nutronron2012 wrote:
I agree with that to but that wasn't the point he was trying to make if you read his posts.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

fbnut wrote:Has minford played on turf this yr?
This will be Minford's first game on turf this year and Burg's 6th.
Last edited by 4thgoal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

SPAMONY wrote:Bring your earplugs folks BOOM BOOM BOOM
Wow spamony u should change ur name to jabrony... Pathetic

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:
I agree with that to but that wasn't the point he was trying to make if you read his posts.
That was my point exactly numnut. You can play the hardest schedule around and lose and it doesnt matter.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Having seen Brabson and Miller this year, there is no comparison Brabson has the much stronger arm. Miller MIGHT have a little more touch on the deep ball and he can definitely use his legs better than Brabson.

Brabson has much more zip on the ball when throwing those 10-15 yard outs and posts, which in my opinion is harder to defend than a "touch pass".

Obviously both are good QB's and leading their teams to what should both be playoff teams.

Return to “Football”