Division IV Region 15: Worst it has ever been?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Division IV Region 15: Worst it has ever been?

Post by Crab's Brother »

RAILROADN wrote:
teamwork wrote:Zane Trace would be the #8 seed with a record of 4-6 if the following happens:
1. ZT beats Southeastern. (Should happen)
2. Hamilton Township beats Bloom-Carroll (Should happen)
3. 'Bellaire beats Martins Ferry (Should happen)
4. Paint Valley beats Unioto. ?????

Zane Trace getting in at 4-6 is not impossible. The three wins that they do have are against teams with winning records including McClain who could make the playoffs in Region 12.[/quote

Don't think I've ever seen a 4-6 team make it before. Just for that reason alone I find myself rooting for them.
I believe Walsh Jesuit got in one year with 3 wins.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Next season its very possible that we will be talking about two win teams...making it in...just saying...I guess it makes good sense to the OHSAA to make more money...

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

IBTT wrote:Next season its very possible that we will be talking about two win teams...making it in...just saying...I guess it makes good sense to the OHSAA to make more money...

It shouldn't be about the money but I think your right IBTT

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Crab's brother wrote:
RAILROADN wrote:
teamwork wrote:Zane Trace would be the #8 seed with a record of 4-6 if the following happens:
1. ZT beats Southeastern. (Should happen)
2. Hamilton Township beats Bloom-Carroll (Should happen)
3. 'Bellaire beats Martins Ferry (Should happen)
4. Paint Valley beats Unioto. ?????

Zane Trace getting in at 4-6 is not impossible. The three wins that they do have are against teams with winning records including McClain who could make the playoffs in Region 12.[/quote

Don't think I've ever seen a 4-6 team make it before. Just for that reason alone I find myself rooting for them.
I believe Walsh Jesuit got in one year with 3 wins.

WOW! hahaha......guess that means it might be possible to get in next year with one win.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

If you guys are just now waking up and realizing the ohsaa is just about money, then welcome to the real world! lol Football is their cash cow, and if they can milk it for all its worth, they will no matter if it waters down the competition. They dont care about that, if they did we wouldnt have teams like Ready, Watterson, Ursuline and Mooney competing at the same level as local schools. The dollar drives everything they do.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

amen to that eagles73, how far can you water a drink down, before it's just water.

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

I agree that this region is WAY down from years past. Also - if Bloom Carroll can beat Div 2 Hamilton Township this week (and it would be an upset)- watch out for them in the playoffs! They have a new coach this year and lost a couple of early games while making adjustments - and they had WAY too many Turnovers the first 5 games....they are on a roll having beaten D3 Circleville and Amanda Clearcreek the last 2 weeks.....
Last edited by defenserules on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

FalconPride
Waterboy

Post by FalconPride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:amen to that eagles73, how far can you water a drink down, before it's just water.
You are right on with this statement, but to the OHSAA it is all about the money! Their real question is "how much can you water it down until it becomes wine!" :lol:

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

Post by st_c_dirkadirka »

I do think this region is way down, no question. But -

Ironton may have played the toughest schedule in DIV, and I have been trying to emphasize that to alot of people up here who are expecting St. Clairsville to waltz through this region to a state semi. I have watched video on the Tigers and the stable of running backs is impressive. I think St. C and Ironton meet for the R15 championship game for certain.

St Clairsville has it's best team since the late 80's, led by Jr LB and Michigan commit Michael Ferns. The offense is averaging nearly 50 points a game and is wide open with the spread. Can score from anywhere on the field. Jr RB Jaylon Brown (Michigan, Illinois, Pitt) is a 4.4 guy who is a little undersized, but runs behind his pads well. Boston College comit Sr Dan Monteroso leads the WR core that makes match ups difficult for defenses.

I don't know too much about the other teams in the region, but I'm sure that we'll learn as much as possible once the match ups are set on Sunday.

Good Luck to all the teams down there for an injury free week 10!

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Before Tiger Bait goes off, it should be noted that St. Clairsville is the name of a city and not a private School :122245 :122245 just pulling your chain Bait since the Tigers are idle this week

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Worst year ever for R 15? I'd say it has to be one of the worst.

By contrast, one of the best years was 2001. The top 8 teams that year went 10-0,10-0,9-1,9-1,9-1,9-1,9-1,9-1

This year I think the team to beat for the regional title is St. C.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Before Tiger Bait goes off, it should be noted that St. Clairsville is the name of a city and not a private School :122245 :122245 just pulling your chain Bait since the Tigers are idle this week
Dutch, please dont get the little fella confused........... :) :)

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Bloom-Carroll upset Hamilton Township 30-25 or Zane Trace would have got the #8 spot at 4-6.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Bloom-Carroll was a surprise. No question. I just looked again @ the computer rankings and it's almost official.

Looking like this:

#1 St. Clairsville hosting #8 Cadiz Harrison Central (Rematch)
#4 Minford hosting #5 Piketon (Rematch)
#2 Ironton hosting #7 Bloom-Carroll
#3 Johnstown hosting #6 Gnadenhutten Indian Valley

Good luck to all teams in the playoffs!!! My heart says Minford can make a run if they just execute a little better in crunchtime, but my money right now says St. Clairsville with all that D1 talent on that squad.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Smack my hand for looking ahead, but should Minford defeat Piketon then the Regional Semis would put us playing #1 St. Clairsville with a possible OU Athens location. Love the venue possibilty, but the Red Devils are a very tough team year in and year out

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

LMAO!!! yeah mg, let's just focus on our rematch vs. Piketon this week. They are a very good team, and it took recovering an onside kick for us to rally for a win against them the first time we played them.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Just looked at some video on Bloom Carroll.......they don't look quite like I'd expect a 5-5 football team to look!
Tigers need to buckle up the chin straps and get ready to work. If Ironton is healthy they win by 3 touchdowns!! GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!!

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

Post by st_c_dirkadirka »

mglight88 wrote:Smack my hand for looking ahead, but should Minford defeat Piketon then the Regional Semis would put us playing #1 St. Clairsville with a possible OU Athens location. Love the venue possibilty, but the Red Devils are a very tough team year in and year out
How far is Minford from Athens? Shame on both of us for looking ahead, but wouldn't Zanesville Sulsberger stadium be more of an equal distance for both teams?

Good Luck this weekend.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

st_c_dirkadirka wrote:
mglight88 wrote:Smack my hand for looking ahead, but should Minford defeat Piketon then the Regional Semis would put us playing #1 St. Clairsville with a possible OU Athens location. Love the venue possibilty, but the Red Devils are a very tough team year in and year out
How far is Minford from Athens? Shame on both of us for looking ahead, but wouldn't Zanesville Sulsberger stadium be more of an equal distance for both teams?

Good Luck this weekend.
Zanesville to St. Clairsville is about the same as Athens to Minford. And Minford to Zanesville is about the same as St. Clairsville to Athens.

If you want to be fair, I would say Westerville if that matchup comes to be. Really Westerville would be the best for Piketon or Minford against St. Clairsville.

Return to “Football”