Piketon (8-2) @ Minford (8-2) Rematch Week 11

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Re: Piketon (8-2) @ Minford (8-2) Rematch Week 11

Post by N4da'score »

Bleeding Red wrote:Also best of luck to #28 from Minford and #7 from Piketon. Hopefully these 2 young talented men will rebound quickly from what looked like pretty bad injuries in the game tonight.
That injury to #28 very early in the game for Minford was the turning point in the game........IMO. Just seemed like it took the wind outta the Falcons sail. :122247

bvarn10
Waterboy

Post by bvarn10 »

Any stats for the game?

john_rambo
Waterboy

Post by john_rambo »

join us at o v a t h l e t i c s . c o m for some region 15 chatter. this iss where a lot of st.clairsville posters talk

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:Not much to say after that game except congrats to the Minford coaches and players for turning around a 4-6 season and going 8-3 including a home playoff birth. You showed alot of heart this season, but tonight Piketon was the better team.

Congrats to Piketon. I will gladly stand behind my statement after the first matchup that Brabson is the best QB in this area. St Clairsville is a heck of a team, but hopefully with Piketon's ability to throw the ball they can keep St Clairsville in check. Piketon's D Line and LB's played a heck of a game tonight against Minford. Play with the same intensity and desire that you did against my Falcons tonight and you will be right there next Friday. Remember that last year #8 seed Chesapeake took St Clairsville to the wire on the road week 11. You can do it.

Best of luck Streaks, hold your heads high Falcons. Lots of freshman, sophomores and juniors on the field tonight for Minford. Hit the weights hard and get ready to make 2013 one to remember. All of the Minford fans enjoyed this season, you made us proud.
Well said. I'm still a little stunned this morning. Congrats to both teams on fine seasons and here's to Piketon representing themselves well next week. Good luck Streaks.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to Piketon on the win and to Minford for a great season.

Good luck to the Streaks next week against St. Clairsville.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Wow, what an overall great performance by the Streaks on both sides of the ball. They gave up 3 big plays which hurts, but overall the defense played well. The offense was extremely balanced, approximately 250 running and throwing each. I hope the young man from Minford is ok, that definately hurt them. Congrats to the Falcons on a fine season, and to the Streaks a little quote from Hoosiers! "And David took out a stone and slung it, striking the Phillistine in the head!" Lets Go Streaks~!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote:Not much to say after that game except congrats to the Minford coaches and players for turning around a 4-6 season and going 8-3 including a home playoff birth. You showed alot of heart this season, but tonight Piketon was the better team.

Congrats to Piketon. I will gladly stand behind my statement after the first matchup that Brabson is the best QB in this area. St Clairsville is a heck of a team, but hopefully with Piketon's ability to throw the ball they can keep St Clairsville in check. Piketon's D Line and LB's played a heck of a game tonight against Minford. Play with the same intensity and desire that you did against my Falcons tonight and you will be right there next Friday. Remember that last year #8 seed Chesapeake took St Clairsville to the wire on the road week 11. You can do it.

Best of luck Streaks, hold your heads high Falcons. Lots of freshman, sophomores and juniors on the field tonight for Minford. Hit the weights hard and get ready to make 2013 one to remember. All of the Minford fans enjoyed this season, you made us proud.

ole buddy, i was gettin ready to say something very similiar. but it's safe to say. you took the words out of my mouth , and out them better than i could have.this should be a great matchup between piketon and st. clairsville.and the fighting tigers play the johnnies in region 15.
would love to see the fighting tigers and redstreaks advance and play each other. fine season by minford. i got to see them against valley. so proud of all the local teams that are in the playoffs this year.and a great season by the redstreaks, this playoff football thing can be addictive, eh. good luck friday.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to Coach TG and the boys! Good luck next week...play hard, play smart, play with passion! Remember the journey to get to the playoffs and most of all enjoy the moment. "Any team can win any game, on any given day on any level" Leave it all on the field....

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Piketon ruined the "Franke Bowl."

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

I can tell you one thing, ive been around this game for along time, and i have seen some amazing players. But #2 for Piketon controled that game. He made some big time plays. He is definatley one of the best QB's in the area, great player. I give props to that young man. Also Piketon done the little things that helped win this game.

Our Falcons have had a wonderful year, so proud of them all. Turned the season around from last year. Looking forward to next year! Falcon Nation, Great senior class. Its basketball time now boys!!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Congrats Streaks on the great win!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Congrats Streaks on the great win and advancing to the second round!

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Great job Piketon Redstreaks! Coach Gullion has done a great job down there getting kids excited to play football. Although it was hard to say goodbye to a fellow SOC team who exceeded everybody's expectations (great job Falcons), it is exciting to see playoff football in Pike County again!

Return to “Football”