D6 State Semifinal Valley vs Kirtland

vladimir
S

Re: D6 State Semifinal Valley vs Kirtland

Post by vladimir »

Vladimir wrote:1st down valley 25 yard pass on Kirtland 26 yard line.
1st down Rolfe no gain, 2nd down pass quick hitter valley 1st n goal on the 8
Pass complete to the 6. 2n goal- q-pitch loop to the 2 yard line. 3rd down at the 2, loop 1 yard. 4ngoal at the 1. Time out Valley

Loop is in for the score!!
Romenello XP good 14-7 Kirtland 8 min left

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

21-7 Kirtland, 6 left in game

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wow, that was fast.

Come on Valley!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Rolfe goes for home run and it's picked off and returned to the Valley. Kirtland fumbles pitch ball knocked outta bounds. TD pass Kirkland 28-7, on 4th down.

4:00 left

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Rolfe get picked again. Wheels are falling off here. 3:00 left Kirtland at the valley 40

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley fought HARD. Has some missed opprotunities in the ballgame. Trailed 14-7 with 8 mins left..kinda fell apart at the end trying to come back, but the Hornets k ow they were in a game.

Im already excited for next season.

Congrats on an awesome season Valley!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Kirtland 28
Valley 7

Great season Indians!! This game was much closer than what the final score indicates. 14-7 in the 4th and Kirtland converts on 3 and long, and then again on 4th down for a TD. Valley comes out and throws 2 consecutive picks and that's all folks!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to Valley on another great run in the playoffs. You guys played right with the defending state champs and have nothing to be ashamed of. Great job Indians!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Good job Valley. Nothing to be ashamed of. You played the best team in div 6 tough. And gave them all they wanted. 1 score game in the 4th quarter. Couldnt ask for anything better. You boy have a bright future and this will be a good team in 2015. Chances are there could be a rematch next year.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats to Kirtland on another win.

Valley had another fine season and again they show the state that they are not a pushover for anyone their size.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Congrats to the valley indians on a great season. Regional champs and a first ever state semifinals appearance. Them boys has a excellent season. Southern Oh and the SOC was well represented in the playoffs this season

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Nice season Indians....I believe you and the Burg team showed you can compete against some of the better teams in the state...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Nice season Indians....I believe you and the Burg team showed you can compete against some of the better teams in the state...
Well said fido

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Congrats to Kirtland on the win and Valley on the great season. I fully expect Valley to be here again next year considering they only lose 2 starters.

My thoughts from the game:

First, watching the game tells me the teams were evenly matched. If they played 10 times Kirtland would probably win 50-60% of the time. I went into the game with the mindset that Valley needed to play a nearly perfect game time win, but wow was I wrong. Valley had 3 turnovers, missed a lot of tackles and left points on the board, yet the game was 14-7 with 6 minutes to go.

Defensively: Valley's defense had a great scheme but missed lots of tackles (give credit to Kirtland's runners, but if the tackles are made the game is different). I really believe if Valley stops Kirtland on 3rd and 11 with 6 minutes to go (Valley missed a tackle on the sideline) that Valley would have been in the driver's seat. Valley played with a lot of heart and better than anyone gave them credit for.

Valley's offense left so many plays on the field. Valley played very tight in the first half, clearly I think they had some jitters. The play calling was very suspect for the most part. Valley was consistently getting 5-7 yards running right at Kirtland but felt the need to keep trying to run misdirection and slower developing things that Kirtland ate up. Valley had several dropped passes, for example the first play of the game was a clear drop that most likely would have went for a TD, then the next drive a receiver dropped another pass that would have been a big gaining play as well. Valley was inside Kirtlands 30 yard line 3 or 4 times and only came away with 7 points. I think Valley's QB had a really rough game, he was hit some and didn't seem to be running as hard as he usually did.

Overall I think Valley is the best opponent Kirtland has played since Bishop Ready last year in the State Semifinals and I think Valley gained a lot of respect from the team up north.

I hope these two teams meet again next year

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congrats to Valley on a fantastic season.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

nice season valley.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Very good season Valley.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE VALLEY INDIANS ON AN AWESOME 2014 SEASON.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats valley on the great season from athens

mowcat
Waterboy

Post by mowcat »

Valley is overrated and got lucky by playing in the worst region ever. Everyone knew they were gonna get railed when they played a good team.

Return to “Football”