Lucasville Valley 2015

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Re: Lucasville Valley 2015

Post by Hitops2.0 »

izladoom wrote:I only caught the jv did some players change their numbers?
65 kids there is probably a few number changes

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

How did the scrimmage go? Good, bad ?

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

lineman7 wrote:How did the scrimmage go? Good, bad ?
I was trying to elaborate and edit on my FIDO post and it kicked me out so ill do it here. Symmes Valley only had 28 healthy varsity bodies so to get some reps for a lot of players was hard our varsity got 30 offensive plays off last night. we had some Chinese fire drill blocking schemes ..lol (missed assignments) lots of players getting reps.. some good eating (pancakes) and some good passing . Defense was a little lackadaisical at first until scored on and that woke them up again lots of players in and out on the D- line. we moved the ball best with a mix of pass and run and scored twice with both EP good and Symmes scored one TD and a field goal of 36 yds which was impressive as he was a straight on kicker.
no players dinged up we have 2 freshmen still not cleared from summer basketball injuries
next scrimmage is with notre dame on the 21st st 7 pm

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

lineman7 wrote:How did the scrimmage go? Good, bad ?
I was trying to elaborate and edit on my FIDO post and it kicked me out so ill do it here. Symmes Valley only had 28 healthy varsity bodies so to get some reps for a lot of players was hard our varsity got 30 offensive plays off last night. we had some Chinese fire drill blocking schemes ..lol (missed assignments) lots of players getting reps.. some good eating (pancakes) and some good passing . Defense was a little lackadaisical at first until scored on and that woke them up again lots of players in and out on the D- line. we moved the ball best with a mix of pass and run and scored twice with both EP good and Symmes scored one TD and a field goal of 36 yds which was impressive as he was a straight on kicker.
no players dinged up we have 2 freshmen still not cleared from summer basketball injuries
next scrimmage is with notre dame on the 21st st 7 pm pretty sure varsity only again due to numbers
there a JV scrimmage with Symmes VAlley Wednesday at home

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

HItops wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Any key injuries to date?
Valley has 65 kids dressing and all went into and came out of the scrimmage okay
Thank you, John....I don't really care about scores and all of that...It's a scrimmage...Injuries are more important to me at this point...

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

HItops wrote:
Valley has 65 kids dressing and all went into and came out of the scrimmage okay
Thank you, John....I don't really care about scores and all of that...It's a scrimmage...Injuries are more important to me at this point...

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:
HItops wrote:
no problem Dave , are you stateside retired yet if not hope to see you at a couple of games while your home

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Retired but not stateside....I should be to a few games....I try to watch the key league games...I should see you in Oct/Nov

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Anything new on Valley trying to get a 10th game?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Thanks for your service FIDO

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

wobycat wrote:Thanks for your service FIDO
You're welcome!

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Retired but not stateside....I should be to a few games....I try to watch the key league games...I should see you in Oct/Nov
Long career my friend congrats and thanks . I remember when you left this time of year many years ago .. Lol

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

HItops wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Retired but not stateside....I should be to a few games....I try to watch the key league games...I should see you in Oct/Nov
Long career my friend congrats and thanks . I remember when you left this time of year many years ago .. Lol
30-years is a long time to be doing anything. I've seen a lot of high school football in various regions and nothing really compares to our corner of the world. The support of local communities for their team on Friday nights is as good as it gets. We may not fill trophy cases with state championship wood but the region continues to educate fine young men on far greater and important things in life.

You must be getting amped for the season to start. Lots of sleepless Thursday nights ahead for you. :122245 Like Don Crabtree said many years ago, the only games you remember are the ones you lose. There is a lot of truth in what he said. Best wishes to your son and we'll see you soon!

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:
HItops wrote:
30-years is a long time to be doing anything. I've seen a lot of high school football in various regions and nothing really compares to our corner of the world. The support of local communities for their team on Friday nights is as good as it gets. We may not fill trophy cases with state championship wood but the region continues to educate fine young men on far greater and important things in life.

You must be getting amped for the season to start. Lots of sleepless Thursday nights ahead for you. :122245 Like Don Crabtree said many years ago, the only games you remember are the ones you lose. There is a lot of truth in what he said. Best wishes to your son and we'll see you soon![/quote

I agree about the support this area gives on football Friday nights its always been great and yes I am a little anxious and I hope all the boys can stay healthy on our team and really the whole area . we as a small schools cant afford any injuries to any player it just makes the whole season better if all the teams are at full strength ...I always just say a small prayer before the games just for all the kids to do their best and for no injuries to either team ...Thanks for the best wishes and Take care and I will see ya

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO DEM CRAZY PURPLE INDIANS

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

except for week 1 of cource, but most importantly welcome back Darren Crabtree!!

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Scott Rolfe has been hired as superintendent of Valley... Does he have to quit coaching?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

lineman7 wrote:Scott Rolfe has been hired as superintendent of Valley... Does he have to quit coaching?
That is interesting. Each school has their own policy for administrators coaching, but I don't know what theirs is in particular. Since football is so close and I am sure the supplemental contract is in place, I would guess they at least let him finish with football, but basketball could be a different story.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I can't see Scott giving up coaching his son's senior year in football or basketball. Possible but unlikely I think.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Just read in Portsmouth's papers website he will continue coaching this year. If I understand correctly, he just resigned from the supplemental positions, but will continue as a volunteer

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports ... in-2015-16

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/news/1 ... rintendent

Return to “Football”