week8: wheelersburg @ Minford

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: week8: wheelersburg @ Minford

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Lol he also got stuck! Hahaha he is a beast though.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

:lol: You should seen the looks I got from the Minford faithful when he returned that kick.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Lol he also got stuck! Hahaha he is a beast though.
Yea. I think it woke him up. After that first big hit he cut loose.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

[quote="Jolly P(irate)"]:lol: You should seen the looks I got from the Minford faithful when he returned that kick.[/quo :shock: :shock:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

^^^^^^ a little more angry than that. But I did get those too.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Don't even say the refs sucked they were bad both ways they missed 3 blocks in the back on that kickoff return plus countless holding calls. and minfords defense played very well when burg had to drive on a long field they didn't do much it was the drives off turnovers and short fields that killed minford. We held your offense under 300 and no passing touchdowns but yes the Burke kid is a stud very good player.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Falconfan09 wrote:Don't even say the refs sucked they were bad both ways they missed 3 blocks in the back on that kickoff return plus countless holding calls. and minfords defense played very well when burg had to drive on a long field they didn't do much it was the drives off turnovers and short fields that killed minford. We held your offense under 300 and no passing touchdowns but yes the Burke kid is a stud very good player.
They did suck. Both ways. The Side Judge on Minford sidelines made some crappy calls but he also had some good no calls. All around the officiating was bad.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
callie11 wrote:Heard a Burg player got injured, who was it, and was it serious?
He got up and walked off on his own power. It didn't look serious to me.

What was up with the penalty on that as he walked off the field? Did he call it because his teammates came out on the field? That is pathetic if that's the case.
I think the penalty was on the burg coach

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Yeah he did hell he was 90 years old trying to run the field lol but like I said the depth of burgs line was too much having a separate offensive and defensive line personnel is big. All I know is there's going to be some sore boys tomorrow morning. Lots of hard hitting everywhere.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Falconfan09 wrote:Yeah he did hell he was 90 years old trying to run the field lol but like I said the depth of burgs line was too much having a separate offensive and defensive line personnel is big. All I know is there's going to be some sore boys tomorrow morning. Lots of hard hitting everywhere.
Lol I know.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Falconfan09 wrote:Don't even say the refs sucked they were bad both ways they missed 3 blocks in the back on that kickoff return plus countless holding calls. and minfords defense played very well when burg had to drive on a long field they didn't do much it was the drives off turnovers and short fields that killed minford. We held your offense under 300 and no passing touchdowns but yes the Burke kid is a stud very good player.
According to the radio Wheelersburg did end up with over 300 yards

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

bleed_blue wrote:
According to the radio Wheelersburg did end up with over 300 yards
Yep and minford had less than 150..

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Tough game by both sides. Minford played inspired the first half and burg turnovers and mistakes helped keep it close. The kickoff return by Burke to start the second half really changes the completion of the game. I thought Minford panicked a little and started to throw it a little more than they needed to. That resulted in turnovers for burg and it kinda snowballed on Minford It got chippy in the 3rd with some some questionable cut blocks by Minford which is what happened to burgs running back getting hurt. I think 23 penaltys and 14 on Minford and at least 5 or 6 unsportsmanlike or personal fouls between both teams. I think the one there on the injury timeout was on a burg coach complaining a little too much to the official. I think that's what fires up the burg kids and they played their best ball from about midway thru the 3rd qtr till midway thru the 4th. Good effort by Minford but it's a 4 quarter game. Should be a dandy next wek at lucasville but I don't see anyone stopping wheelersburg next 2 weeks

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

With the size that Minford had on the line does it say more for the Pirates that Mindord had <150 yards of offense or that the Falcons coaches could only generate that many yards. Between the penalties from 25 and the poor spots from the officials they combined for more than 150 yards.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

RxBurgFan wrote:With the size that Minford had on the line does it say more for the Pirates that Mindord had <150 yards of offense or that the Falcons coaches could only generate that many yards. Between the penalties from 25 and the poor spots from the officials they combined for more than 150 yards.
Idk but I gotta give a shout out to #70 from Minford. Kid looked like 180 lbs. He got his clock cleaned idk how many time but he kept coming back for more. Kid was tough.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RxBurgFan wrote:With the size that Minford had on the line does it say more for the Pirates that Mindord had <150 yards of offense or that the Falcons coaches could only generate that many yards. Between the penalties from 25 and the poor spots from the officials they combined for more than 150 yards.
Those spots were terrible, I thought the horse collar call was a bad call too, looked to me like the kid had all jersey, no shoulder pads.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Just like a horrible no call to start the 2nd half kickoff return. Blatant clip and hold 2 yards away from the ref and he just stood there and let it happen. That broke Minfords spirt and they never rebounded after that. 47-6 is still a butt whipping, and W'burg proved they were the better team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

When are people going to learn that holds and blocks in the backs happen almost every play. Consistent calling is what you should look for out of officials. Doesn't sound like either team got that tonight, but burg was the better team tonight no matter what.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

syyoung wrote:This is my last reply on the thread on game day. Again, I wish the best to both schools. But Wheelersburg definitely shouldn't underestimate Minford. Minford is capable of beating anybody on any given night if they limit the turnovers. Their defense is just as solid as anybody either team will see all season long, and as Wheelersburg will find out Friday night, Minford's defense is capable of putting at least 14 on the board with special teams possibly adding more. They don't even need the offense to score points to win the game when their defense is playing at this level. So many people make wild predictions based on what Minford has done on paper this year, but without seeing them actually play and seeing the games they've lost, it's hard not to think this will be a major blowout. If Minford fumbles the ball 10 or more times as they have 3 times this season, expect a blowout. If they take care of the ball like they did the other 4 games, look for a very low scoring, possible overtime win that can go either way. Matchups on paper mean nothing because they never tell the whole story, unless you're reading the in depth numbers about turnovers and everything else. Because even with all of the turnovers Minford has had this year, only one team has gained more yards per game than Minford. Minford has basically doubled and tripled their opponents offensive yards even in the losses. The only game they failed to was the Paint Valley game where they decided they would run every formation out of shotgun which just does not work for this team at all. Wheelersburg is without a doubt the team to beat in the SOC, and by far the best team the Falcons will see all season long. But the Falcons defense really is that good. Offensive turnovers that have been returned for TDs and special teams TDs have been a majority of the points scored on Minford this year. Only twice all season has a team driven the ball over 50 yards on Minford for a touchdown, and once was the great Devin Dukes RB from Bishop Ready that you will be seeing play college ball somewhere in a few more years. Don't look ahead to Valley, Wheelersburg, because this is the one game on the schedule you really have to watch out for. I still like Burg in a very low scoring affair in this one, but it's going to be very close and very competitive, and hopefully injury free. A dream Friday night football match.

I guess they needed their offense , because their defense did not help them tonight...Burg just to much for the Falcons , however I do think they will give Valley a game.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Minford just needs to move on, Beat Waverly and get ready to play valley with playoffs on the line. Dover upsets Coschocton tonight, which will help the Falcons cause somewhat, and Gallia surprising gave some 2nd level points with a win over Warren, Northwest needs to beat Notre Dame tomorrow as well, and I am know statistical playoff expert as far as numbers, but I fear Ironton will leap the Falcons with a win over Chesapeake next week or maybe even after tonight. Minford needs to have more a riverboat gambler philosophy on offense if they want to have a shot at Valley.

Return to “Football”