Wheelersburg 35 Columbus Academy 16 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Playoffs Round 2 DV R19 #5 Columbus Academy @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:01 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 am I have notice with academy that they either throw a bomb or a swing pass.. they don’t really throw 10 yard outs. I feel like this will hurt them against the pirates. Burg has good speed on the edges so it will make the swing passes almost impossible. Burg also covers the deep ball well. It’s the mid to short passing game that they leave open. The bend but don’t break defensive secondary. If academy can hit that area they can have success. Otherwise I think burg rolls. 28 or 35-7.
If their qb can throw a nice deep ball that might be there. The burgs D-backs have let opponents behind them all year, they were just lucky that most of those resulted in a poor throw by the qb.
That’s why I believe Holden plays more safety this week. He covers the entire field.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

tha burg yet rolls into week 13

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

indianabuck wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:14 am
indianabuck wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:43 pm With everyone playing on Friday sites will be interesting. Chillicothe,Jackson, Logan, or Athens could all be in play. You need to fit everyone into one day, not 2. Many schools hosted both days.
Waverly is another possibility
I hope so.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

The only problem i see that burg would have is if they play west again because it's hard to beat a team twice or any team from region 17 that right there is a tough region.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:18 pm Columbus Academy is a really Rich High School
Les Wexner kids goes there that owns Abercrombie and Limited
Here is what it cost a year to go

Upper School
Grade 9: $24,700
Grade 10: $25,600
Grade 11: $26,300
Grade 12: $26,550
Wexner doesn't own Abercrombie anymore, just the founder and CEO of L Brands (Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret). Other stores like Abercrombie, Limited, Express, Lane Bryant, etc, were sold off. Wexner is actually a wonderful person.

Not that this has anything to do with HS football. But everything to do with the wealthiest man in Ohio. :D :D :D :D

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:05 pm
Neutron Man wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:17 pm Heard parking situation at Chillicothe is very bad. If you can't park in the parking lot, parking on the streets runs a strong risk of getting your car broke in to.

Great playoff site OHSAA!

I live right across the street. Not a bad area at all. I would worry more about not knowing the area and parking a little bit of a hike to the stadium.

Parking recommendations: 1. In the new 150 car or so parking lot. 2. On Arch/Stacey street right by the new parking lot. 3. Allen Ave in front of Worthington Elementary. 4. Ringwald st behind visitors stands (by the new construction of the 3-6grade building.

I want to know what everyone that has not seen our facilities think. We are still under heavy construction so keep that in mind. The new elementary being built will add additional closer parking that I think will make it even that much nicer for playoff games. I was t Jackson for our week 10 game...it is not Jackson. However, I think it is a very nice place for friday nights! Enjoy!

I will be making the walk over Friday. I have not seen either team this year. Excited for Friday night lights playoff edtion foots from my doorstep.
I live in the neighborhood as well. And while there are a few streets that are rougher than others, I don't think anyone should worry about street parking. Park in the lot, or at Worthington Ele. Arch, Stacey, and Allen are all viable. I wouldn't park on Elm. Cherry is ok, esp in front of Westmoreland Place nursing home two blocks south of the stadium and new construction.

As for pre or post-game grub, The Pour House is ok, great beer, some good food, crappy service. The Dock is good but slow service. R Kitchen is about the best, never had a bad meal there. Fire & Stone Pizza is great, but don't expect a fast meal. I enjoy the atmosphere at The Green Tree a lot, with a decent food and beer selection.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Man this Burg team sounds unstoppable to beat they have all the weapons

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Don’t see burg having any problems with west...

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Jolly(senator wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:26 am The only problem i see that burg would have is if they play west again because it's hard to beat a team twice or any team from region 17 that right there is a tough region.
West has a tall task ahead of them Friday. If either team is looking ahead (which I highly doubt either team is doing so) they could find themselves getting the basketballs out next week. If Wheelersburg gets past Columbus Academy and West gets pass Johnstown I see Wheelersburg have little trouble getting past West.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Not to get off topic With Burg being good how come they don’t schedule higher division teams I see they only play one d-3 school and the rest lower No D-2 schools down there to play Just a thought

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

14svt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 pm Not to get off topic With Burg being good how come they don’t schedule higher division teams I see they only play one d-3 school and the rest lower No D-2 schools down there to play Just a thought
They have started to schedule better teams. They were in talks this year to play Canton Central Catholic but couldn’t get it worked out and they have picked up Bishop Hartley for next year which is a home and home I believe.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

14svt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 pm Not to get off topic With Burg being good how come they don’t schedule higher division teams I see they only play one d-3 school and the rest lower No D-2 schools down there to play Just a thought
well we play two D3 schools Watterson, Jackson
and no there aren't quality big schools down here to play just KY

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:44 pm
Would love to see Chillicothe pick them up. Decent D2 vs D5 powerhouse.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:54 pm
Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:44 pm
Would love to see Chillicothe pick them up. Decent D2 vs D5 powerhouse.
Agree!! We already scrimmage each other! Both very good programs!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

i wouldn't call Chilli a very good program but thank you for the compliment! I think it would be a good game.
Big props to Burg for picking up Harltey next year. Win or Lose you'll have that experience come week 11+.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

We had chili locked in for 3 years good harbin points we beat them twice

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

I can’t believe it’s only Monday! Let’s get this thing going already!
Btw I just want to say I think this is a bad match-up for CA.
Their speed will be matched in this game, we are more physical, and we have more weapons IMO.
I am hesitant to say running clock, but I will not completely rule it out, but hey it is only Monday! Go Burg

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

14svt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:59 am Man this Burg team sounds unstoppable to beat they have all the weapons
They are extremely talented. They have great speed on both sides of the ball and a lot of depth. Very impressive and that's coming from a Westsider. :lol:
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jolly(senator wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:26 am The only problem i see that burg would have is if they play west again because it's hard to beat a team twice or any team from region 17 that right there is a tough region.
Burg would handle West again. You gotta stay off Yappi. 😂

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Burg rolls. Only challenge I see is if the Burg has to run the ball and up against the team that can throw the ball well. Not sure who that might be but I doubt it’s this Friday.

Return to “Football”