2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Re: Pendleton - New Ironton Head Football Coach

Post by TOUGH »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:27 am Kudos to Ironton for hiring Trevon Pendleton. I believe Friday nights at the Tank are going to be fun again. This young man is nothing but passionate about football and life. Give him a chance and you will see that swagger of a champion back in the program. You will also see an infectious attitude of we can accomplish everything as a team. I wish nothing but the best for the Itown community.
Great Post!

I’ve heard nothing but great things from the people close to this man. I had a long time Head coach tell me right after they announced the hire that people better keep an eye on Ironton. This young man is the real deal and will get the most out of his guys. He said expect Ironton to return to their old form if they leave the man alone.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

79Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:51 pm Your socio-economic blather is wearing thin. Nothing is static. The Tigers went to the State Finals in 1999 and the city then was nowhere near the same as it was in '73 and '79. Coal Grove is no thriving metropolis but look what they achieved last year. Good things can be accomplished when everyone comes together to produce a positive outcome. To be perfectly blunt, nobody needs nor wants your negativity.
Applicable fact based questions are "negativity?"

You mean to say these applicable facts do not follow your asserted narrative and sentiment therefore your perception of them = negative? 🤔😏

Facts do not care about how you feel or your personal desires to omit them.

Easy question. When your population averages steady decrease and when your overall demographic continues to age - when any living thing stops growing, what does it begin the natural process of doing?
It begins to die.

For Ironton, the most aggressive and pronounced adversity that they face isn't a coaching hire. Or any personel aquisition. It's not X's and O's or a sudden need for "discipline" or for "these kids these days" to do or be A, B, or C. Stop believing in your own assumed and IMAGINARY leverage to judge or critique this generation of young people - including these young men you spend year after year following all whilst you characterize their generation as less than because they do not adhere to your antiquated world view. It's is certaintly not anything as simplistic and short sighted as what occurs in a weight room or on a field or inside an athletic directors office.

The most impactful adversity this program faces is it is located within an area and a community that stopped growing but never stopped aging. A community that stopped generating but never stopped spending and needing and a community that decreased in contribution and increased in competion for less.

It is part and parcel of a community that is slowly dying.

That said. Future expectation for this program in all aspects should go forth with measured caution.

Today Ironton High School enrollment is 400. 400 kids. Irontons average demographic is 40's and male. In 5 years the average demo will be approaching 50 years old and Irontons total enrollment concurrent with Irontons average rate of overall population decline and aging demographic - will again decrease and approach 300 total. As the average rate of population decrease for the city of Ironton carries on with as trending the flate rate of 400 students experiences decrease - the average varsity football roster decreases as well. 40 soon becomes 30 and so on and so on.

Any success Irontons program experiences now, will be a much different, much smaller version of past success.

As for a "return to glory" I regretfully inform you, there is no going back. Ever.

No. You may hope for NEW glory and being a part of witnessing these young men overcome NEW obstacles as they begin a journey on a path they forge for themselves and a path that YOU and the preceeding generations had NO hand in constructing. But you may NOT appropriate it as a "return." All of the old ghosts of the past have finally been exorcised. Bob Lutz and Mike Burcham are NEVER walking through that door.

The past is the past. The old are growing older and the young are slowly vanishing from your community. I do empathize and I understand why that is difficult to come to terms with. All that said if the goal is to truly understand ALL of the challenges this program faces moving forward and then developing expectations accordingly - you need to strive to become more comfortable engaging critical thinking and facts and try to seperate that from any personal sentiment you may be harboring that burdens your present ability to distinguish reality and your emotions.

BTWN_THE_LINE
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

TOUGH wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:23 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:27 am Kudos to Ironton for hiring Trevon Pendleton. I believe Friday nights at the Tank are going to be fun again. This young man is nothing but passionate about football and life. Give him a chance and you will see that swagger of a champion back in the program. You will also see an infectious attitude of we can accomplish everything as a team. I wish nothing but the best for the Itown community.
Great Post!

I’ve heard nothing but great things from the people close to this man. I had a long time Head coach tell me right after they announced the hire that people better keep an eye on Ironton. This young man is going to be a good coach and will get the most out of his guys. He said expect Ironton to return to their old form if they leave the man alone.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:53 pm
79Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:51 pm Your socio-economic blather is wearing thin. Nothing is static. The Tigers went to the State Finals in 1999 and the city then was nowhere near the same as it was in '73 and '79. Coal Grove is no thriving metropolis but look what they achieved last year. Good things can be accomplished when everyone comes together to produce a positive outcome. To be perfectly blunt, nobody needs nor wants your negativity.

You mean to say these applicable facts do not follow your asserted narrative and sentiment therefore your perception of them = negative? 🤔😏

Easy question. When your population averages steady decrease and when your overall demographic continues to age - when any living thing stops growing, what does it begin the natural process of doing?
It begins to die.

For Ironton, the most aggressive and pronounced adversity that they face isn't a coaching hire. Or any personel aquisition. It's not X's and O's or a sudden need for "discipline" or for "these kids these days" to do or be A, B, or C. Stop believing in your own assumed and IMAGINARY leverage to judge or critique this generation of young people - including these young men you spend year after year following all whilst you characterize their generation as less than because they do not adhere to your antiquated world view. It's is certaintly not anything as simplistic and short sighted as what occurs in a weight room or on a field or inside an athletic directors office.

The most impactful adversity this program faces is it is located within an area and a community that stopped growing but never stopped aging. A community that stopped generating but never stopped spending and needing and a community that decreased in contribution and increased in competion for less.

That said. Future expectation for this program in all aspects should go forth with measured caution.

Today Ironton High School enrollment is 400. 400 kids. Irontons average demographic is 40's and male. In 5 years the average demo will be approaching 50 years old and Irontons total enrollment concurrent with Irontons average rate of overall population decline and aging demographic - will again decrease and approach 300 total. As the average rate of population decrease for the city of Ironton carries on with as trending the flate rate of 400 students experiences decrease - the average varsity football roster decreases as well. 40 soon becomes 30 and so on and so on.

Any success Irontons program experiences now, will be a much different, much smaller version of past success.

As for a "return to glory" I regretfully inform you, there is no going back. Ever.

No. You may hope for NEW glory and being a part of witnessing these young men overcome NEW obstacles as they begin a journey on a path they forge for themselves and a path that YOU and the preceeding generations had NO hand in constructing. But you may NOT appropriate it as a "return." All of the old ghosts of the past have finally been exorcised. Bob Lutz and Mike Burcham are NEVER walking through that door.

The past is the past. The old are growing older and the young are slowly vanishing from your community. I do empathize and I understand why that is difficult to come to terms with. All that said if the goal is to truly understand ALL of the challenges this program faces moving forward and then developing expectations accordingly - you need to strive to become more comfortable engaging critical thinking and facts and try to seperate that from any personal sentiment you may be harboring that burdens your present ability to distinguish reality and your emotions.
Still almost twice the population as Wheelersburg. Bottom line is have the right people in place and you will win and they will come from all over.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

So Wheelersburg is accomplishing more than Ironton with half the population. 😂😂

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:34 pm So Wheelersburg is accomplishing more than Ironton with half the population. 😂😂

Wheelersburg WAS accomplishing more than Ironton. Not sure that will be the case for much longer.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

So we just got a whole page of sociology and economics on a high school football thread. There were no emotions in my previous post only that I believe Trevon Pendleton will have the boys working hard and enjoying playing football as a team. You can't ask for more than that. I have been a Burg fan since my kids went to school there. I believe Ironton will be competitive and the community will be proud. From the sounds of things I have heard about Itown, nobody wants to go back. They are looking forward and I only wish Trevon and the community the best. Be young, have fun and remember to be proud of where you are from.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I told you your socio-economic blather was wearing thin BigCarlito.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

TOUGH wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:06 am
BigCarlito72 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:53 pm

It begins to die.

Still almost twice the population as Wheelersburg. Bottom line is have the right people in place and you will win and they will come from all over.
Actually, Ironton population is just over 10 thousand and Wheelersburg is around 6 thousand - yet Wheelersburg and Ironton high school enrollment are comparable as both check in right around 400. Irontons average demographic - 40s and male is aging a bit quicker than Burgs and thats why even though Irontons population is slighter - enrollment numbers are currently identical. As irontons demographic continues on the trend of aging a bit quicker - the gap between the two will fluctuate.

Point is - the community is getting smaller and older. Its just a question of time now.

BTWN_THE_LINE
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

TOUGH wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:39 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:34 pm So Wheelersburg is accomplishing more than Ironton with half the population. 😂😂

Wheelersburg WAS accomplishing more than Ironton. Not sure that will be the case for much longer.
Remember this date my friend. 8/24/2018. That is the day Ironton will take another butt whipping from The Burg. Not an opinion, but a fact.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

😂🤣Easy. You don’t want offend someone.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Heard a rumor the coach may be bringing 4 or 5 with him. :D

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

artisgilmore wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:48 am Heard a rumor the coach may be bringing 4 or 5 with him. :D
I heard a total of 5 from a couple different schools are transferring to Ironton and that some of the ones that were going to leave are staying now.

GO TIGERS...........

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Hearing the same thing... Was sitting down at the Depot over the weekend eating dinner and over heard 2 tables talking about Ironton football and needless to say the excitement is back. The Itown train is back on the track.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pendleton will create some buzz with his work ethic and who he is as a person, but that doesn't win ballgames. Preparing physically is a step in the right direction. How will he game plan, utilize athletes, and in-game adjust will determine his success. He will probably need a two to three season window to fairly judge him as a coach..

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I also heard that the kids that planned on leaving are now staying and that there may be a kid transfer back that prematurely left.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that would be awesome tough.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I heard the weight room is full and the kids are getting excited again.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

What do you consider full

Return to “Football”