2015 Wellston at Jackson

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Re: WK1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by grndma1 »

I love the Jackson/Wellston game, especially when it's at Jackson. Plenty of seating, and two of the best bands in our part of the state marching in and pumping up the crowd for the game. I love watching the Ironmen run out of the big helmet, through the smoke, and down the band tunnel. I love the spirit that the students on both sides have and their crazy painted faces and outfits. Wellston is one of the two schools who bring the best and largest student bodies to the games. The other being GAHS. Last but not least, the Jackson/Wellston game begins another season of football and a game of life long tradition in our county. Yes, Jackson usually wins, but not always. You never know what will happen till the game is played. I've already got my ticket and my $2.00 to park. Well worth it to watch a game that the county looks forward to every year.I pray for an injury-free / good sportsmanship game. Good luck to both teams and as always- GO RED !!!!!!

Oakie_Dokie
Waterboy

Re: wk1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by Oakie_Dokie »

Dandy Don wrote:Just in case you missed the previous post here from Rockefeller Center in NY is Dave's top ten list.

Top Ten Reasons Why Jackson gets beat in Week 1 by my Golden Rockets:
10) Jackson players worried about who will be featured on WOUB Grid Iron Glory; Wellston players being groomed as a team not as individuals
09) Jackson playing not to lose; Wellston playing to win
08) Jackson players and staff on vacation thinking about Week 11; Wellston players and staff focused and tunnel visioned on Week 1
07) Jackson players lifting their fingers and thumbs to tweet; Wellston players power lifting and training hard - several kids putting up huge numbers
06) Jackson resting on last year laurels; Wellston ready to start something new
05) Wellston first year assistant coaches Rinehart, Humphries and Humphries will leave no stone unturned to win - personally know the Ironmen playbook - tendencies
04) Wellston first year head coach Philips knows the last time Wellston beat the Ironmen with a first year head coach and will look to repeat history
03) Wellston skill players have much more team speed
02) Wellston line has more size and strength
01) Wellston is underrated not overrated and the fact of the matter is that karma always favors the underrated.

34-14 win in Alumni Stadium

LMAO, Your smoking that happy grass. Wellston can have Jacksons playbook for the whole offseason and still could NOT come within 2 scores. I would be happy to meet you at the gate and Bet $1000 or more and I will bet it thats a fact Jack!

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Good Luck Rockets!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironmen need to be disciplined, resist getting drug into anything that will result in the yellow laundry been thrown around.

Take care of the football and withstand the initial wave of emotion that comes with this game. Settle into executing and doing what we do,

I hate Saturday games there has been absolutely no routine to this entire week, and we have two more after this.

JTownie
Waterboy

Post by JTownie »

Honestly Jackson still playing this game shows you why they've gotten themselves into the league mess they currently find themselves. They need to let go of the past and replace this opening "rivalry" game with a big boy instead of a cupcake like the rest of the State.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

whats the score?

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Jackson 7
Wellston 0

Still in 1st quarter. Wellston has the ball at the Jackson 38 after recovering a Jackson fumble.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Jackson 41 Wellston 12 beginning of fourth

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

41-20 Jackson with 8:21 left in the game

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Jackson TD called back

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

McCoy looked good. Defense pretty good.

I just don't know what to say after watching the ball touch the field 15 times.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Final?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

See ya next season Dandy Donna!

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Dandy don come out and plaaay!! That crow must taste sooooo good!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

vctransplant wrote:Final?
41-20 Jackson won

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

This just in d**** don choked on some crow.

jacksonfan13
Riding the Bench

Post by jacksonfan13 »

Didn't hear from either Humphreys boy after the game?!?! Awfully quiet!!!! GO BIG RED!!!

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

Congrats to jackson on the win. They deserve it. I think Wolmendorf was the best athlete on the field. I believe jackson had 12 fumbles with 4 of them turnovers. If they do that this friday it will be ugly.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I agree totally on the turnovers. Jackson could've easily scored 60-70 points tonight. Turnovers and Penalties. Wolmedorf is a player for sure but so is sexton. When he broke free no one caught him. Doesn't matter who's a better athlete. Two good quarterbacks. Expected more from wellston really.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations ironmen. and gma1.

Return to “Football”