Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by Crab's Brother »

I think this year's Burg D Line may struggle with Hartley up front. I think Dahm and Horsley are going to have a lot more traffic in front of them than they are used to. Wheelersburg has too much ability and coaching to get blown out, but I think Hartley wears them down and wins 27-14 or so.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:20 am I think this year's Burg D Line may struggle with Hartley up front. I think Dahm and Horsley are going to have a lot more traffic in front of them than they are used to. Wheelersburg has too much ability and coaching to get blown out, but I think Hartley wears them down and wins 27-14 or so.
I think you Burgs DE’s will be fairly successful. #32 is a bull and Spradlin on the Other side is rather large. Dahl and Horsley with Donini back this week will fill their gaps nicely. Donini is quick and loves to hit.

The more I think about this game the more I think this is going to be a low scoring affair. I’m thinking Burg pulls it out 17-14.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Hartley is bigger, faster, stronger in all aspects of the game....all.
Burg will be competitive, but a 7pt loss to Hartley should be a morale victory idc if you won state last year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am Hartley is bigger, faster, stronger in all aspects of the game....all.
Burg will be competitive, but a 7pt loss to Hartley should be a morale victory idc if you won state last year.
How did you manage to get all the data from the two squads? That's impressive. If you don't mind, can you do a starting player side by side analysis? I would think it would be interesting to see what Hartley's Running back shuttle time is compared to Burg's.

:roll:

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am Hartley is bigger, faster, stronger in all aspects of the game....all.
How did you manage to get all the data from the two squads? That's impressive. If you don't mind, can you do a starting player side by side analysis? I would think it would be interesting to see what Hartley's Running back shuttle time is compared to Burg's.

Pretty easy actually. D3 > D5
Columbus > Rural southern Ohio

and most importantly I have seen Hartley the past two years and Burg the past two years. I saw Burg 3 times last year actually at The O.
"bigger, faster, stronger"
Burg is no slouch of a program, and kudos to schedule up and prepare yourself for playoffs. But dont be offended by realistic expectations.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:31 am

and most importantly I have seen Hartley the past two years and Burg the past two years. I saw Burg 3 times last year actually at The O.
Burg is no slouch of a program, and kudos to schedule up and prepare yourself for playoffs. But dont be offended by realistic expectations.
So basically, you have no idea. You're implying that the 11 on the field of Burg will automatically be less stronger, faster, and bigger based on the area and division they live in, and oh I forgot, your eye test. No offense, but that's goobly talk.

If Hartley wins, it will be because of those things becoming evident during the actual game; not in your per-determined facts based on absolutely no merit.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:58 am

So basically, you have no idea. You're implying that the 11 on the field of Burg will automatically be less stronger, faster, and bigger based on the area and division they live in, and oh I forgot, your eye test. No offense, but that's goobly talk.

If Hartley wins, it will be because of those things becoming evident during the actual game; not in your per-determined facts based on absolutely no merit.
yes, that is is exactly what i am implying. what the hell are divisions for you moron? based on the programs that these two are at currently and the fact that PRIVATE schools DOMINATE high school football and that they are 2 divisions above you make it FACT that they are BIGGER FASTER and STRONGER than you. This isnt a debate buddy. It is FACT. We are not comparing a mediocre program like Chillicothe D2 to a powerhouse D5. We are comparing a Powerhouse D5 to a Powerhouse D3. ANDDDDD an urban private school at that. If you think you have recruited well down along the banks of the mighty Ohio river, wait until you see what that catholic money can do.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:24 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:58 am

yes, that is is exactly what i am implying. what the hell are divisions for you moron? based on the programs that these two are at currently and the fact that PRIVATE schools DOMINATE high school football and that they are 2 divisions above you make it FACT that they are BIGGER FASTER and STRONGER than you. This isnt a debate buddy. It is FACT. We are not comparing a mediocre program like Chillicothe D2 to a powerhouse D5. We are comparing a Powerhouse D5 to a Powerhouse D3. ANDDDDD an urban private school at that. If you think you have recruited well down along the banks of the mighty Ohio river, wait until you see what that catholic money can do.
You're right. I have no chance debating you're hypothetical research. These rural kids stand no chance.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Next you're going to debate that North Dakota State(FCS National Champions) college football team would give Ohio State a good game. And say that my hypothetical research on the fact that they are different largely based on division and location is whack.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Marion local does ok for rural lol

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Marion local
Coldwater
Minster
Wheelersburg < columbus catholic schools..... nope
Stubenville
Clinton Massie
Johnstown

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

While I agree that traditionally d1-4 is dominated by private schools and traditionally a top team in a higher division will beat a top team in a smaller division. Certain programs are exempt from these rules. Burg is one of them. In this case all you can do is look at the players for both teams and make a prediction. Burg is capable on any given year to beat Hartley. They have proven that. I don’t think they will this year that’s just me. But it is definitely a year by year case by case thing with these few outlier teams. If you still don’t believe this then look at the 2010 St. John’s d6 team that beat defending d1 Michigan state champs and finished the season ranked in the top 25 USA Today pole. Coldwater Marion burg and few others can compete and win against bigger schools it’s a year by year thing.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:29 pm While I agree that traditionally d1-4 is dominated by private schools and traditionally a top team in a higher division will beat a top team in a smaller division. Certain programs are exempt from these rules. Burg is one of them. In this case all you can do is look at the players for both teams and make a prediction. Burg is capable on any given year to beat Hartley. They have proven that. I don’t think they will this year that’s just me. But it is definitely a year by year case by case thing with these few outlier teams. If you still don’t believe this then look at the 2010 St. John’s d6 team that beat defending d1 Michigan state champs and finished the season ranked in the top 25 USA Today pole. Coldwater Marion burg and few others can compete and win against bigger schools it’s a year by year thing.
Stop making sense.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Hartley’s enrollment per OHSAA is 207 which would make them a DV school but when you add their CB of 90 to that you get 297 which turns them into a DIII school.
Burg’s enrollment is 175 with CB 30 so yes, Hartley has 32 more boys than we do. But this “bigger, faster, stronger” stuff is BS. Let’s make a list of the private and/or catholic schools that underestimated The Burg last year. Columbus Bishop Waterson, Columbus Bishop Ready, and Columbus Academy. Now you will say well Waterson was down and the other two are DV. Are you going to say on Saturday after the game that Hartley must be down to lose to this lowly “rural, southern Ohio” DV school. I agree that Hartley is the better team out of those four but The Burg has seen what how did you put it...”what Catholic money can do”. This is not going to be a blowout by either squad. This will be a hard fought game in which I and many others know that The Burg has the talent and the ability to not only compete with Hartley but beat them. Division III Region 11 is starting to become a favorite hunting ground for The Pirates. This Friday starts the hunt with the Hawks from Hartley, moves onto the Eagles from Waterson, and finishes with the Ironmen from Jackson. All supposedly “bigger, faster, stronger” schools but all of them will see what The Burg can and will do to them.

Big Bob
Waterboy

Post by Big Bob »

While I applaud Wheelersburg for playing teams like Hartley, I think for those of us who aren't Pirate faithful, until you beat a team like Hartley, we're going to doubt. You may have played them close in the past, but this year isn't the past. Now, I know that goes both ways, but you have to beat them before others will believe. Yes, Wheelersburg is the reigning D5 state champions, but 1 title in 30 years does not a dynasty make. You may have experience playing in games like this, but Hartley has more experience WINNING games like this. All you can do is see what the result is Friday night.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Big Bob wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:33 pm While I applaud Wheelersburg for playing teams like Hartley, I think for those of us who aren't Pirate faithful, until you beat a team like Hartley, we're going to doubt. You may have played them close in the past, but this year isn't the past. Now, I know that goes both ways, but you have to beat them before others will believe. Yes, Wheelersburg is the reigning D5 state champions, but 1 title in 30 years does not a dynasty make. You may have experience playing in games like this, but Hartley has more experience WINNING games like this. All you can do is see what the result is Friday night.
2 titles bob. And this was a scheduled up game knowing it would take max effort to win but saying that they are bigger stronger and faster just because they are 3 divisions up and metro is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard of. Now if it proves to be true, then do so be it, but to actually say it based on those qualifications?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Big Bob wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:33 pm While I applaud Wheelersburg for playing teams like Hartley, I think for those of us who aren't Pirate faithful, until you beat a team like Hartley, we're going to doubt. You may have played them close in the past, but this year isn't the past. Now, I know that goes both ways, but you have to beat them before others will believe. Yes, Wheelersburg is the reigning D5 state champions, but 1 title in 30 years does not a dynasty make. You may have experience playing in games like this, but Hartley has more experience WINNING games like this. All you can do is see what the result is Friday night.
2 titles in 29 year to be more precise. How many has your team won in that time period. Plus I didn’t see where anyone was talking about a dynasty. Unless you want to talk about 3 decades worth of playoff appearances and multiple league titles. But let’s talk about the task at hand...Hartley. Come Friday night after The Burg knocks Hartley off the pedestal that everyone has them on, I bet I get back on here to nothing but crickets or “well Hartley must be down this year” talk. Wheelersburg is always doubted no matter what they accomplish. Our players, coaches, and “The Burg faithful” KNOW what this team is capable of doing and the any doubters KNOW what they can do with their doubt.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

As "rural southern Ohio" goes. A 36 game regular season winning streak, (Longest currently in the state) 4 straight regional championship appearances. Defending state champs in 2017, that's getting pretty close to dynasty potential. Especially when you factor in the rest of the tradition from years past. I don't have an issue with any of the posts by guys like like cavsalum or rolltanks I think they are certainly entitled to their opinion but I have seen Hartley on film this year and while they look solid I don't see a team burg can't play with. Maybe a lot of what I see has to do with Toledo cc. But this is absolutely a winnable game for wheelersburg. I think they have to stop the run inside the tackles to have a chance. Even when down 3 scores against TCC. Hartley continued to run the ball. No panic in the play calling. They will be very patient and flat out run it down your Throat. Burg has to block the front 3. #57 is a load. And the linebackers pursue very well and as expected the backs and secondary is athletic. Have to give Trent time to throw it. And we have to have positive yardage on 1st down. It's going to be a 4 quarter game.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Hope to see mathews and holden get the ball more this game, 2 tremendous athletes that i thought could've gotten it more against ironton

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Absolutely kicker! They are both huge weapons, if QB has enough time to throw. I know those windows close quickly on teams like Hartley. I figure we are going to see the dawg in some players come out Friday night. Burg is definitely a better team than they showed last Friday. 47 hours can’t wait!!!

Return to “Football”