Ridgewood v Portsmouth

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: WK11: #7 Portsmouth Trojans(8-2) @ #2 Ridgewood Generals 10-0

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’d Portsmouth can keep the pressure of there qb and sustain some long drives I think they can make it interesting for a while

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

If Indian valley is one of the better running teams ridgewood played I don’t think there be is anywhere close to what Parker can do

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Parker is kind of a forgotten man this year. He wasn't force fed the ball and didn't put up the incredible numbers he did last year or when healthy as a fresh and soph.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 pm I’d Portsmouth can keep the pressure of there qb and sustain some long drives I think they can make it interesting for a while
LOL Goodluck with the constant pressure idk if you know who you’re playing against in that position.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 pm If Indian valley is one of the better running teams ridgewood played I don’t think there be is anywhere close to what Parker can do
Parker will be the best back they have faced no doubt. Indian Valley had 2 or 3 good backs and a nice QB. I think you may be underestimating them. They are a very solid team as evidenced by who they have beaten. Their only loss was to the Wood. They gave a good Indian Creek team their only loss and handled 9-1 Sandy Valley easily. They also hammered Akron Manchester in Week 2. The same Manchester that came on at the end of the year and took down defending state champ Orrville and beat CVCA in their last game. Both Indian Creek and Akron Manchester are hosting in very tough regions this week. No offense but I don't think Portsmouth comes anywhere close to the size, attitude, and defense that Indian Valley brought to the table, and the Wood handled them easier than I thought they would.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

PHS offensive stats (unofficial)
Passing
Drew Roe (5-8 140 10) 92/160 57.5% 1,325 yards 16tds , 6 picks

Rushing
Talyn Parker (5-11 198 12) : 151 carries, 1,475 yards, 25 TDs
Tyler McCoy (5-8 175 12): 23 carries, 114 yards
Drew Roe(5-8 140 10) : 43 carries, 82 yards
Donovan Carr (5-8 165 10) : 7 carries, 65 yards, 1 TD
Kaden Davis (5-8 166 12) : 6 carries , 51 yards 1 TD
Ty Pendleton (6-0 195 12): 10 carries, 47 yards, 1 TD
Beau Hammond (5-7 125 9): 3 carries, 2 yards

Receiving
Eric Purdy (5-8 155 12) : 35 catches, 493 yards, 5 Tds
Bryce Wallace (6-2 150 12) : 25 catches, 465 yards, 8 Tds
Michael Duncan (6-0 180 11) : 12 catches, 165 yards
Talyn Parker (5-11 198 12): 11 carries, 162 yards, 2 Yrs
Chris Duff (5-9 135 11) : 5 catches, 20 yards
Tyler McCoy (5-8 175 12) : 4 catches, 30 yards, 1TD

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

hammer89 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:34 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 pm If Indian valley is one of the better running teams ridgewood played I don’t think there be is anywhere close to what Parker can do
Parker will be the best back they have faced no doubt. Indian Valley had 2 or 3 good backs and a nice QB. I think you may be underestimating them. They are a very solid team as evidenced by who they have beaten. Their only loss was to the Wood. They gave a good Indian Creek team their only loss and handled 9-1 Sandy Valley easily. They also hammered Akron Manchester in Week 2. The same Manchester that came on at the end of the year and took down defending state champ Orrville and beat CVCA in their last game. Both Indian Creek and Akron Manchester are hosting in very tough regions this week. No offense but I don't think Portsmouth comes anywhere close to the size, attitude, and defense that Indian Valley brought to the table, and the Wood handled them easier than I thought they would.

So what you’re really saying is Portsmouth’s defense sucks and you think this game will be over by halftime?

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 pm

So what you’re really saying is Portsmouth’s defense sucks and you think this game will be over by halftime?
No just saying no one has stopped the Woods offense yet this year and their first team defense has been good. I don't see that changing this week. A running clock would not surprise me.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Orrville was missing there star running back and lost by 3 but they did lose.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Sandy valley only played two teams with a winning record one was Indian vallley and they lost

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Id go that far to say their defense is very subpar I don’t wanna say it’s over by halftime though

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 pm Sandy valley only played two teams with a winning record one was Indian vallley and they lost
Portsmouth has 1 win over a team with a winning record...

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Oh I know but I wasn’t giving anyone credit for beating them or them credit for beating any good teams just that I believe there running back is one of the best I’ve seen this year

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Raycharles wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:08 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 pm Sandy valley only played two teams with a winning record one was Indian vallley and they lost
Ridgewood has 2 wins over teams with a winning record. We can what if it all day long lol. If Portsmouth gets beat it won’t be from lack of effort. If Ridgewood loses it won’t be from lack of effort. You play the teams who are on the schedule. I look forward to the trip no matter what happens.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:55 am
Raycharles wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:08 pm
Ridgewood has 2 wins over teams with a winning record. We can what if it all day long lol. If Portsmouth gets beat it won’t be from lack of effort. If Ridgewood loses it won’t be from lack of effort. You play the teams who are on the schedule. I look forward to the trip no matter what happens.
I’m aware I was just saying that because someone said sandy valley has only played 1 team with a winning record and they lost. I’m aware of Ridgewood schedule lol it’s pretty mediocre

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Any Portsmouth fans looking to get to West L early I know there will be a tailgate on the west end of the stadium. Will be grilling and have music and cornhole (or bags if you will) and Portsmouth fans are more than welcome to come over and make some small talk! I won’t promise how good the food will be 😂

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:31 am Any Portsmouth fans looking to get to West L early I know there will be a tailgate on the west end of the stadium. Will be grilling and have music and cornhole (or bags if you will) and Portsmouth fans are more than welcome to come over and make some small talk! I won’t promise how good the food will be 😂
No one will beat me and Amici’s in cornhole!!!

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Raycharles wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:40 am
Amicis_Addict wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:31 am Any Portsmouth fans looking to get to West L early I know there will be a tailgate on the west end of the stadium. Will be grilling and have music and cornhole (or bags if you will) and Portsmouth fans are more than welcome to come over and make some small talk! I won’t promise how good the food will be 😂
I plan on getting there early I may take you up on that. No corn hole for me I haven’t hit the board or scored a point since 2016.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am
I plan on getting there early I may take you up on that. No corn hole for me I haven’t hit the board or scored a point since 2016.
Looking forward to it! We will be set up around 330 and will be out there til after the game! A lot of field out there to park. What ray fails to mention is that I carry him every game so you just gotta find a good partner to throw against me 😉😂

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

I really figured with all of Ray Charles knowledge of Ridgewood and Portsmouth that he was a coach and would be game planning/preparing on Saturday rather than playing cornhole... My mistake! I will be tailgating out by the Ag building more than likely behind the basketball courts. Best place to set up IMO although there is more room in the field beside the stadium. Maybe I will swing over to check out your set up although I haven't lost in cornhole since tailgating before the home opener vs. Bellaire a few years back.

Return to “Football”