WK12: Ironton v. Amanda-Clearcreek

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Week 12 - Ironton vs Amanda CC

Post by Beergogglebluez »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Knowitall222 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:33 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 am Maybe in Chillicothe?

Kinda worries me that Ironton has had such an easy go the last three games. The Fighting Tigers have outscored their opponents 155 to 12 the last three games and all with a running clock. That’s some pretty fierce domination
Not very amazing when you look at who they played.

You keep repeating yourself over and over and over about this and the outscoring of your weak opponents like it's going to impress someone LOL Ridgewood will be your cryptonite
I hope you get to find out about your kryptonite. I will tell you this, Ironton is on a mission and they have the horses to get it done.
I knew it was spelled with a K lol. I went with the C like the poster. Should of stuck with my gut.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: WK12: Ironton v. Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by Beergogglebluez »

CantonOrBust wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 pm If we played AC’s schedule we’d be undefeated, and outscore our opponents by an average of 3 TDs per game.
If you are a ironton fan then you have been winning by 3 tds or more. I wouldn’t sweat others schedules. Play who is in front of you. Ironton is the real deal this year.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:54 pm
CantonOrBust wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 pm If we played AC’s schedule we’d be undefeated, and outscore our opponents by an average of 3 TDs per game.
If you are a ironton fan then you have been winning by 3 tds or more. I wouldn’t sweat others schedules. Play who is in front of you. Ironton is the real deal this year.
Exactly! I’m saying we still would have been winning big playing their schedule.

I’m not sweating their schedule, but looking at what another team has done is part of being a fan. I’m just lucky I’m a fan of this school who had a great history and is having a great year. We’ve restored the roar - AC is just another pebble in the cobble stone path to Canton.

2019 - WE restored the ROAR!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

CantonOrBust wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:36 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:31 pm I hope our young fighting tigers ain't reading this and buying in. keep focused and hungry and aggressive, and let things happen. we have to cutout stupid penalties to become a serious threat.
Looking at the Aces schedule, it looks like they benefit from playing in a weak league with larger schools who are also bad at football. I’m not sure they even belong in week 12, they just are riding a streak of good fortune.
Drew Pasteur has Amanda’s strength of schedule at #60 in Division V. He has Ironton’s by comparison at #88 of Division 5.

Talking about weak leagues? The OVC was bad this year.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:19 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:31 pm I hope our young fighting tigers ain't reading this and buying in. keep focused and hungry and aggressive, and let things happen. we have to cutout stupid penalties to become a serious threat.
Looking at the Aces schedule, it looks like they benefit from playing in a weak league with larger schools who are also bad at football. I’m not sure they even belong in week 12, they just are riding a streak of good fortune.
Drew Pasteur has Amanda’s strength of schedule at #60 in Division V. He has Ironton’s by comparison at #88 of Division 5.

Drew does a great job with predicting what record a team needs in order to ha e a chance at being a top 8 team in their region. Anything else or beyond that, and by his own admission, he falls short of any type of accuracy.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in his SOS figures. Unless you can tell which of AC’s players are next level athletes, (hint: they have none) I’m going to keep to my predictions of 51-7, Ironton.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Gage has been playing on a high level for the last few weeks , teams can’t load the box on Ironton now bc he will torch you with the pass , this is the most complete Ironton team I’ve seen a long long time , and hitting on all cylinders at the right time this could be the team Ironton has been waiting on since 89, lot more to prove and a long way to go but we will see

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:24 pm Gage has been playing on a high level for the last few weeks , teams can’t load the box on Ironton now bc he will torch you with the pass , this is the most complete Ironton team I’ve seen a long long time , and hitting on all cylinders at the right time this could be the team Ironton has been waiting on since 89, lot more to prove and a long way to go but we will see
I agree! I guarantee that the Aces haven’t seen a QB like Salyers, nor has any school Ironton will smear on the way to the state title!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

CantonOrBust wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:28 pm
Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:24 pm Gage has been playing on a high level for the last few weeks , teams can’t load the box on Ironton now bc he will torch you with the pass , this is the most complete Ironton team I’ve seen a long long time , and hitting on all cylinders at the right time this could be the team Ironton has been waiting on since 89, lot more to prove and a long way to go but we will see
I agree! I guarantee that the Aces haven’t seen a QB like Salyers, nor has any school Ironton will smear on the way to the state title!
They beat a quarterback attending E. Illinois (a school that’s put out a couple good QB’s) next year, who quarterbacks a still-alive D4 playoff team.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:31 pm
CantonOrBust wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:28 pm
They beat a quarterback attending E. Illinois (a school that’s put out a couple good QB’s) next year, who quarterbacks a still-alive D4 playoff team.
But did they beat them by 3 TDs?

Outta here with your nonsense.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Nah, because you only to need to win by one point.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:39 pm Nah, because you only to need to win by one point.
That’s not domination. Ironton dominates.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

CantonOrBust wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Drew does a great job with predicting what record a team needs in order to ha e a chance at being a top 8 team in their region. Anything else or beyond that, and by his own admission, he falls short of any type of accuracy.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in his SOS figures. Unless you can tell which of AC’s players are next level athletes, (hint: they have none) I’m going to keep to my predictions of 51-7, Ironton.
Ironton beat some good teams. So did AC. Both the OVC and the MSL had a handful of uncompetitive teams. Teams at the top of the MSL were probably better than the OVC, but this isn’t an MSL-OVC challenge top-to-bottom. Its two tradition rich programs with the same colors fighting it out. AC of all schools know that you don’t need next level players to win in the playoffs — you just need the better team.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:44 pm
CantonOrBust wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Ironton beat some good teams. So did AC. Both the OVC and the MSL had a handful of uncompetitive teams. Teams at the top of the MSL were probably better than the OVC, but this isn’t an MSL-OVC challenge top-to-bottom. Its two tradition rich programs with the same colors fighting it out. AC of all schools know that you don’t need next level players to win in the playoffs — you just need the better team.
Historically, Ironton has been the better team. They’ve never lost to AC.

And don’t forget, this isn’t a Ron Hinton coached team. That era was peak about 20 years ago. Once he moved on, so did the quality of AC football. They may be a decent team, they just don’t deserve to be on the same field as Ironton.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

I am not making any predictions of the final score but I am confident Tigers take care of business and advance to the next round. I don't think Amanda has faced a team as physical and well conditioned as the Tigers.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:53 pm I am not making any predictions of the final score but I am confident Tigers take care of business and advance to the next round. I don't think Amanda has faced a team as physical and well conditioned as the Tigers.
Not many teams have, unless they’ve played D1 schools with lots of depth. Go tigers!

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:09 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:07 pm so you can't buy a ticket at the game.
I’m not sure. I heard they are all online. I know Jackson has purchased old iPhones to scan tickets.
You can still buy at the gate but it is easy to do online and just show them your phone at the gate and they scan it. Works great and goes quick way better than waiting in line also you can pick which school you are with and they get the money from the ticket. I did it at a game in Columbus first round was very easy. Had to purchase before 4:00 pm day of game

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Amanda played their way into this game, so they do deserve to be on the same field as the Tigers.

Thebuckeyes thanks for the ticket info. I will get mine online because I can see long lines at the gate Saturday. Can you order and get scanned more than one ticket on one phone?

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:04 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:09 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:07 pm so you can't buy a ticket at the game.
I’m not sure. I heard they are all online. I know Jackson has purchased old iPhones to scan tickets.
You can still buy at the gate but it is easy to do online and just show them your phone at the gate and they scan it. Works great and goes quick way better than waiting in line also you can pick which school you are with and they get the money from the ticket. I did it at a game in Columbus first round was very easy. Had to purchase before 4:00 pm day of game
OHSAA is becoming greedy and money hungry.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:17 pm Amanda played their way into this game, so they do deserve to be on the same field as the Tigers
Ok, we should give them a participation trophy also.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I didn't make a comment like that fan, I know better. they're in week 12 for a reason, and we better not forget it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”