Logan Chietains Football 2020

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by loganlocos »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:42 am
loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:43 am Should I add a question mark to "2020"?

Gosh I hope not.

You’ve been pretty tight tongue about it through much of this
I really don't know what to think at this point.

I would say a month ago when numbers were trending in the right direction I was very confident. Right now I'm definitely less so.

Logan had some interesting guidance in their reopening plan. No locker room use. Social distancing for the band. Limited and advanced only seating (for an undetermined number of fans). Face coverings for all coaches/staff.

I think there is still hope but only if we successfully reverse the current trends.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:43 am Should I add a question mark to "2020"?
I think so. With Athens probably voting next week to go to online learning in the fall, other schools will follow

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:58 am
countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:42 am

Gosh I hope not.

You’ve been pretty tight tongue about it through much of this
I really don't know what to think at this point.

I would say a month ago when numbers were trending in the right direction I was very confident. Right now I'm definitely less so.

Logan had some interesting guidance in their reopening plan. No locker room use. Social distancing for the band. Limited and advanced only seating (for an undetermined number of fans). Face coverings for all coaches/staff.

I think there is still hope but only if we successfully reverse the current trends.

That’s well put.

Do you remember a kid that transferred into Logan to play in the early 90s maybe 1991-1992. I was just as small boy at that time so I May have the years Not exactly Rigjt.

The kid last name was Beiting....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:37 pm
I think so. With Athens probably voting next week to go to online learning in the fall, other schools will follow

Raider does online learning Automatically cut a school districts extracurricular activities?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:57 pm

That’s well put.

Do you remember a kid that transferred into Logan to play in the early 90s maybe 1991-1992. I was just as small boy at that time so I May have the years Not exactly Rigjt.

Tom Beiting was a tight end for the 1991 Chiefs (class of 1992). That was a really good - close to GREAT - Logan team.

They lost 3 games by a total of 13 points (including a 22-28 loss to Jackson) - and share the league title with Marietta. They beat Chillicothe and DeSales.

Beiting transferred from Wellston according to the Logan Daily News stories from that season.

That team had some famous Chieftains. Josh Jackson went on to kick at Ohio State, Brooks Burris started at tackle and won a Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl at Ohio State, Bryan Lambert was the SEOAL MVP and had a tremendous career at Edinborough College, Ty Veidt was a standout at Muskingum and has become an outstanding NCAA coach (he's at Iowa State now), and Tom Smith went on to play football and throw the discus at Ohio U.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:58 pm

Raider does online learning Automatically cut a school districts extracurricular activities?
No. All of that will be district by district decisions.

I would guess if Athens says no in person education they will NOT have fall sports though FWIW. Unless Raider disagrees.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:04 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:57 pm

That’s well put.

Tom Beiting was a tight end for the 1991 Chiefs (class of 1992). That was a really good - close to GREAT - Logan team.

They lost 3 games by a total of 13 points (including a 22-28 loss to Jackson) - and share the league title with Marietta. They beat Chillicothe and DeSales.

Beiting transferred from Wellston according to the Logan Daily News stories from that season.

That team had some famous Chieftains. Josh Jackson went on to kick at Ohio State, Brooks Burris started at tackle and won a Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl at Ohio State, Bryan Lambert was the SEOAL MVP and had a tremendous career at Edinborough College, Ty Veidt was a standout at Muskingum and has become an outstanding NCAA coach (he's at Iowa State now), and Tom Smith went on to play football and throw the discus at Ohio U.

Great rundown Locos as usual.

Yes, Tom Beiting was the name. The 1991 team was special for Logan. Many a times I watched the boys mentioned above for the Bucks on Saturday afternoon and felt “connected” to the game on the tube.

To add to that 1991 Beiting question for you.
Tom had younger brother named Danny Beiting
(which we all went to the same Catholic sxhool).
that transfered the same time Tom did to Logan
His brother Danny went on to play at Jackson. Danny eventually went on play Appy State as a duel football/Wreslrtr. I believe he was An all-American wreslter there.
They both were GREAT athletes. And they May have played against each other In the reference game of Logan/Jackosn. Again I was a young boy at that time and I’m digging to remember the best I can.

To give you a little back story of how the Beiting brothers split. From wellston.
In 1991 Wellston May have had a state championship team. To say they were loaded would be an understatement. Wellston school levy in 1991 did not pass. And the moving began. Tom Beiting to Logan , Danny Beiting to Jackson ,
Shane Busesxher (West Jeff Head Coach) to Westfall , Ryan Reed to Jackson (maybe the best WR to ever play at Jackson) , Chris Martin to Ironton , Stanberry Bothers-one to Gallia , one to Alexander , Kevin and Matt Whetstone to Jackson. Matt however returned to Wellston. And a few other players as well. Forgive me forgetting all of them.

I’m pretty sure that just about all them earned all league honors in the leagues they transferred to play in. The team Wellston had that failed school levy was something else. They were scattered all over SEO and helped some dominant programs.

Was that 1991 Logan/Jackson game on the hill or In jackson ??

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:05 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:58 pm

No. All of that will be district by district decisions.

I would guess if Athens says no in person education they will NOT have fall sports though FWIW. Unless Raider disagrees.

It definitely makes sense. Be a hard pitch to sell that schools are too dangerous for learning but not for extracurricular activities.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:05 pmNo. All of that will be district by district decisions.

Basically which sucks

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Hearing Logan has 74 kids out this fall.

Which is an incredible number. That includes over 20 freshmen. For reference, there were major worries about that class as they had only 13 players on the 8th grade team last year. So to get that class back above 20 kids is a major accomplishment and very important.

Hopefully these kids get some wort of reward for the work they are putting in now.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:23 am Hearing Logan has 74 kids out this fall.

Which is an incredible number. That includes over 20 freshmen. For reference, there were major worries about that class as they had only 13 players on the 8th grade team last year. So to get that class back above 20 kids is a major accomplishment and very important.

Hopefully these kids get some wort of reward for the work they are putting in now.
The numbers are up every where because kids need social interaction not social distancing

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:23 am Hearing Logan has 74 kids out this fall.

Coach Eddie must be reeling them in. That's some good news, Locos. I hope the Covid shows a major decline, and quickly. Not looking good though. :(

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:13 pm
loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:05 pmNo. All of that will be district by district decisions.

Basically which sucks
Athens canceled their JV season so Varsity is next.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:34 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:13 pm

Basically which sucks
Athens canceled their JV season so Varsity is next.
Dumb. I suspect that video put out by the nurses on YouTube could be the cause. Good grief. They are nurses. They should be part of the solution

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Coach Eddie must be reeling them in. That's some good news, Locos. I hope the Covid shows a major decline, and quickly. Not looking good though. :(

If we talked for some time now that the Chiefs wouldn’t be bad forever. Those are great numbers and great to hear. That Chieftan Center is something else. That’ll help keep em there too.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:28 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:53 pm

If we talked for some time now that the Chiefs wouldn’t be bad forever. Those are great numbers and great to hear. That Chieftan Center is something else. That’ll help keep em there too.
Yeah, the Chiefs have been down for awhile. They can't stay down forever.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Already hard work being done to rebuild Logan's schedule.

We will all owe Theresa Schultheiss a big thank you (maybe even a beverage of her choice) if this season gets played.

Thanks to the admin at LHS for all their hard work on behalf of our kids!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

2020 Schedule

Aug 28 - VS Jackson
Sept 4 - AT Amanda-Clearcreek
Sept 11 - VS Warren
Sept 18 - VS Bloom-Carroll
Sept 25 - AT Logan Elm
Oct 2 - AT Watkins Memorial
Oct 9 or 10 - OHSAA Playoffs

Oct 16 - AT Meigs (tentative)
Oct 23 - VS Maysville
Oct 30 - AT Sheridan

First ever matchups with A-C, B-C, and Logan Elm. 2nd ever meeting with Watkins Memorial (other was in 1995).

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:39 pm 2020 Schedule

Aug 28 - VS Jackson
Sept 4 - AT Amanda-Clearcreek
Sept 11 - VS Warren
Sept 18 - VS Bloom-Carroll
Sept 25 - AT Logan Elm
Oct 2 - AT Watkins Memorial
Oct 9 or 10 - OHSAA Playoffs

Oct 16 - AT Meigs (tentative)
Oct 23 - VS Maysville
Oct 30 - AT Sheridan

First ever matchups with A-C, B-C, and Logan Elm. 2nd ever meeting with Watkins Memorial (other was in 1995).
Great schedule for Logan, nice work.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

With that schedule, Logan should have a pretty good season

Return to “Football”