D4 Region 16 Semi-Final Waverly 8-0 at Massie 8-0

mlittle
SEOP

Re: D4 Region 16 Semi-Final Waverly 8-0 at Massie 8-0

Post by mlittle »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:05 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:08 pm
Kicker. wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:25 pm

Personally I’m surprised that this game is being played with how many students at Clinton Massie have covid
This is what is surprising to me, how Clinton Massie is able to continue. They've got a large number of staff members that have tested positive as well as over 100 students currently in quarantine. They're claiming none of them are football players though, guess the starting QB doesn't count?? Eastern Pike and Berne Union was also moved to a bigger venue, however Clinton Massie will not agree to that.
Clinton-Massie just reported eight new COVID+ cases since last Thursday, which is a lot of cases for a small rural school. Genuinely curious how they’re planning on playing this.
Sounds like they have people with balls in their administration. I respect that

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Personally I’m surprised that this game is being played with how many students at Clinton Massie have covid
This is what is surprising to me, how Clinton Massie is able to continue. They've got a large number of staff members that have tested positive as well as over 100 students currently in quarantine. They're claiming none of them are football players though, guess the starting QB doesn't count?? Eastern Pike and Berne Union was also moved to a bigger venue, however Clinton Massie will not agree to that.
Clinton-Massie just reported eight new COVID+ cases since last Thursday, which is a lot of cases for a small rural school. Genuinely curious how they’re planning on playing this.
School shut down (on line only), numerous cases reported, other sports shut down, over 100 students quarantined but no football players affected?
It wouldn’t surprise me after we win we get a call Monday morning saying a few Massie football players tested positive.....

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Because the Massie officials are saying NONE of the football players are the ones in quarantine, even though it's a bold face lie. Last count they were at around 8 staff members positive and roughly 120 students in quarantine.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:13 pm

If there’s no COVID+ or pending tests among who will be on their sidelines, then in theory it should be fine to play.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Because the Massie officials are saying NONE of the football players are the ones in quarantine, even though it's a bold face lie. Last count they were at around 8 staff members positive and roughly 120 students in quarantine.
The part that is a little troubling with, basically, any school is the threshold for transparency on COVID matters is incredibly low.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:51 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:13 pm

If there’s no COVID+ or pending tests among who will be on their sidelines, then in theory it should be fine to play.
Any school still testing their football players at this point in the season has sludge for brains anyway

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:54 pm

The part that is a little troubling with, basically, any school is the threshold for transparency on COVID matters is incredibly low.
That is exactly correct, there was a school last week had a coach turn up positive. Their head coach actually posted that this coach was not in contact with any players or coaches, which how many coaches do you know of can go to films and not be in direct contact with any players or coaches?? They played that Friday night where half of their team showed up because of how things were handled.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:27 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:54 pm

That is exactly correct, there was a school last week had a coach turn up positive. Their head coach actually posted that this coach was not in contact with any players or coaches, which how many coaches do you know of can go to films and not be in direct contact with any players or coaches?? They played that Friday night where half of their team showed up because of how things were handled.
Hopefully they don’t have any issues, and if they do that they listen to their better angels on how to move forward.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol at all of this

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

With both of these teams being able to put up the points like they can is this a first to 50 game??

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

I’m glad the game will be played. Seniors shouldn’t be told their career is over from this. Also, I’d hate to win a huge playoff game by forfeit...maybe that’s just me.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I haven't followed Waverly for years until the last couple but in their losses last year they were pounded on the ground by both Unioto and Burg and the Bloom game at year end was over by halftime with bad snaps, fumbles, secondary play and the QB Kuhns running rpo's and getting many yards rushing himself. Massie will run, run, run and pop a pass every now and then but the Waverly d-line will have to show up big time to keep this close. I know it's a new year and we'll see Saturday night but I still say Massie by 21.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Nice little stadium. As theAD said to me when I was there this season. They could use more seats.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Offensively Waverly is going to score, defense will be the challenge. Waverly riding a lot of momentum into this game having beat some good teams already this year but Massie is a bigger animal. I think the Tigers keep this one close and pull out the W

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I think everybody knows the only way Massie stops waverly is to get pressure on Shanks. Will they bring additional pass rushers at the risk of one on one coverage? Waverly’s O-line has done a great job all year and the Tigers will be prepared for Shanks to get the ball out quickly. Waverly’s Defense on the other hand is going to have to be aggressive to blow up the run, they cannot sit back and wait. I believe it comes down to which defense can get the most stops. Waverly’s defense way way better than last year - much more aggressive and physical.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:02 pm With both of these teams being able to put up the points like they can is this a first to 50 game??
I have a feeling this will be a lower scoring game than we expect, but I can definitely see this as a first to 50.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly scored in 60’s a couple times, 56 against Valley, 49 against West all in the first half and starters sat the entire second half. Waverly was capable of scoring 80 in each of those games but called off the dogs. So, if this is a track meet shoot out Waverly is capable. I don’t think it will be a 50-60 point shootout. Either team can score that and they have proven that but I think the defenses will step up a bit. It will come down to whose DEFENSE is better Saturday night and TURNOVERS could be huge.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 am Waverly scored in 60’s a couple times, 56 against Valley, 49 against West all in the first half and starters sat the entire second half. Waverly was capable of scoring 80 in each of those games but called off the dogs. So, if this is a track meet shoot out Waverly is capable. I don’t think it will be a 50-60 point shootout. Either team can score that and they have proven that but I think the defenses will step up a bit. It will come down to whose DEFENSE is better Saturday night and TURNOVERS could be huge.
Waverly scored twice in the last 6 minutes against Valley and Shanks threw one of them, so no, they didn't call off the dogs and no they couldn't have scored 80. They had 28 at halftime. Irrelevant to the thread, but still not factual.

As for the game.....I think Massie grounds and pounds the Waverly defense. Wheelersburg ran for over 200 on the Tigers and Massie is an even better running team. Massie has won a lot with this system and I think it continues here.

Waverly will be able to score but they will need to play near perfect on offense to match scores.

Massie 42
Waverly 35

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:50 am
smurray wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 am Waverly scored in 60’s a couple times, 56 against Valley, 49 against West all in the first half and starters sat the entire second half. Waverly was capable of scoring 80 in each of those games but called off the dogs. So, if this is a track meet shoot out Waverly is capable. I don’t think it will be a 50-60 point shootout. Either team can score that and they have proven that but I think the defenses will step up a bit. It will come down to whose DEFENSE is better Saturday night and TURNOVERS could be huge.
Waverly scored twice in the last 6 minutes against Valley and Shanks threw one of them, so no, they didn't call off the dogs and no they couldn't have scored 80. They had 28 at halftime. Irrelevant to the thread, but still not factual.

As for the game.....I think Massie grounds and pounds the Waverly defense. Wheelersburg ran for over 200 on the Tigers and Massie is an even better running team. Massie has won a lot with this system and I think it continues here.

Waverly will be able to score but they will need to play near perfect on offense to match scores.

Massie 42
Waverly 35
I was actually talking about the West game when I said the starters sat the entire second half. I guess I did say “each of those games” when mentioning 80 and I stand corrected on including Valley in that sentence. Maybe the Tigers score another time or two had they not pulled the starters against Valley, but definitely not 80. I really meant they could have scored 80 in the games they scored 60+ and against West with 49 at halftime.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Massie 42
Waverly 35
[/quote]

Waverly’s defense is playing much better, way more aggressive and physical then they did the first half of the season. We’ll find out Saturday night if the defense is good enough....

Return to “Football”