NY at Fairland PI Call

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: NY at Fairland PI Call

Post by Raider6309 »

With that play I gave it to Fairland since the official was right on the play. The PI is a mystery. I can’t see anything. Has to be one of the cleanest interceptions this year but a flag :?:

gobengals
Waterboy

Post by gobengals »

Don’t count on OHSAA ruling on anything. I don’t remember them ever changing the outcome of any football game due to officiating “errors”. Short of an official committing murder on the field, I doubt they will get involved.

Privately they might deal with officiating issues but the public will never hear about it. I’m an official. Generally officiating errors become training videos in future years for officials.

This season, due to so many schools participating in the playoffs, OHSAA used regular season crews instead of mixed “all star” crews. This means that some unqualified officials, who would never be selected for an all star officiating crew, are working playoff games. I’m not saying that is what happened at Fairland, I have no idea who officiated that game.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

gobengals wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:08 am Don’t count on OHSAA ruling on anything. I don’t remember them ever changing the outcome of any football game due to officiating “errors”. Short of an official committing murder on the field, I doubt they will get involved.

Privately they might deal with officiating issues but the public will never hear about it. I’m an official. Generally officiating errors become training videos in future years for officials.

This season, due to so many schools participating in the playoffs, OHSAA used regular season crews instead of mixed “all star” crews. This means that some unqualified officials, who would never be selected for an all star officiating crew, are working playoff games. I’m not saying that is what happened at Fairland, I have no idea who officiated that game.
I've wondered about your last point. I've seen some very poor calls this year in the playoffs so I wondered if the crews were made up of regular season officials and not voted on. Thanks for the info.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:39 am With that play I gave it to Fairland since the official was right on the play. The PI is a mystery. I can’t see anything. Has to be one of the cleanest interceptions this year but a flag :?:
You don't see the safety make contact just as the ball arrives, then put his head down during the runback because he just got flagged?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

efarns wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:44 am You don't see the safety make contact just as the ball arrives, then put his head down during the runback because he just got flagged?
There's no contact. Maybe some contact from the fairland player on the NY player

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:11 am
efarns wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:44 am You don't see the safety make contact just as the ball arrives, then put his head down during the runback because he just got flagged?
There's no contact. Maybe some contact from the fairland player on the NY player
Looking at his immediate reaction, he hurt his hand or wrist due to contact. However, it still shouldn't have been PI

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Maybe the wind from the defender jumping the route caused the PI

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Shoedaddy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:48 am
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:11 am
Looking at his immediate reaction, he hurt his hand or wrist due to contact. However, it still shouldn't have been PI
Yes. It isn't clear to me what he's reacting to. The interceptor is blocking the camera as the safety and intended reciever come together.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

NY BUCKS wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:03 pm https://fb.watch/1pukIGeozS/
So in your mind, what did #9 do on the play?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

efarns wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:44 am
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:39 am With that play I gave it to Fairland since the official was right on the play. The PI is a mystery. I can’t see anything. Has to be one of the cleanest interceptions this year but a flag :?:
You don't see the safety make contact just as the ball arrives, then put his head down during the runback because he just got flagged?
Isn't contact allowed when the ball arrives? Now before the arrival of the ball is pass inter.. The receiver shows no sign of being inter feared with. Now there is no way you can tell the one player from NY is putting his head down due to inter. or saying thank God it is over. Now is there anything saying/showing that inter. wasn't called on another player. Just because the camera show the main receiver doesn't mean it wasn't called on another NY player.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:49 pm
efarns wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:44 am
Isn't contact allowed when the ball arrives? Now before the arrival of the ball is pass inter.. The receiver shows no sign of being inter feared with. Now there is no way you can tell the one player from NY is putting his head down due to inter. or saying thank God it is over. Now is there anything saying/showing that inter. wasn't called on another player. Just because the camera show the main receiver doesn't mean it wasn't called on another NY player.
Pass interference would have to involve the intended reciever?

Not defending this call, just saying the only thing the official could have seen was the safety making some kind of contact. To focus on the interceptor is to miss the call.

And with that, I am out of this discussion. I didn't make the call and don't have a rooting interest for either team.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Pass interference doesn’t have to involve the intended receiver

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Outside of getting screwed from winning this game, I was wondering why NY didn't schedule regular season games to finish out with a ten game season? Was it a lack of available opponents, or just not wanting to play after the playoffs ended, or was there another reason?

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:15 pm Outside of getting screwed from winning this game, I was wondering why NY didn't schedule regular season games to finish out with a ten game season? Was it a lack of available opponents, or just not wanting to play after the playoffs ended, or was there another reason?
We will take a game next year :)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:15 pm Outside of getting screwed from winning this game, I was wondering why NY didn't schedule regular season games to finish out with a ten game season? Was it a lack of available opponents, or just not wanting to play after the playoffs ended, or was there another reason?
Good question.
We never thought we'd get a season to begin with so getting 8 games was pretty good.
Also, it's kinda hard to get kids motivated to play a meaningless game after what happened, and how terrible would you feel as a coach if a kid got hurt and had to miss basketball or wrestling because you wanted to play said meaningless game.
We had a good year with a great group of young men.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Late to the party here. I thought it was a bad call for sure but what was interesting for me was both players involved and their reactions after it happened. The Fairland player looked dejected like he thought it was over and the NY player did the same thing like he thought he messed up. People have their own interpretations on what they were thinking but it sure looked that way to me. Interesting for sure but what a bad way to lose such an important game!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

enigmaax wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:07 pm
He tried to deflect the ball but got intercepted instead defender has just as much right to the ball as the offense I've watched it over and over again watch the wr his path is clear and unabated defense jump the route play should of stood

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Kids are in the weight room working hard for next year. It's time to move on.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

NY BUCKS wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:36 pm
enigmaax wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:07 pm
He tried to deflect the ball but got intercepted instead defender has just as much right to the ball as the offense I've watched it over and over again watch the wr his path is clear and unabated defense jump the route play should of stood
:lol: I'm just glad the receiver and defender's names aren't Trump and Biden :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”