WK7 Portsmouth West - Minford

art_vandelay
SE

Re: WK7 Portsmouth West - Minford

Post by art_vandelay »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:16 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:17 pm What has happened to Wests defense, really very pourous and giving way to many points up. At first of season said West would contend but after seeing this defense give up tons of points, I disagress and say Burg will flatten them. What is the maindifference from last year and this year.
Don't want to be that guy, but... We ran a guy out of town because apparently he didn't know football. That guy is coaching for a Division 1 school in Dayton right now. Let it be noted I was not one of them.

I do not care about play calling. It's concerning. But I care more that this is a more than capable team that is depressing. Their is no excitement, no attitude, and no identity. They don't play with hunger. That's what's hard to watch.
Johnson’s biggest problem was that he wasn’t Trevon Pendleton and some West fans couldn’t get past that. Gilliand may be able to get the program going again, but time is running short on this season.*

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:49 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:17 pm What has happened to Wests defense, really very pourous and giving way to many points up. At first of season said West would contend but after seeing this defense give up tons of points, I disagress and say Burg will flatten them. What is the maindifference from last year and this year.
Don't want to be that guy, but... We ran a guy out of town because apparently he didn't know football. That guy is coaching for a Division 1 school in Dayton right now. Let it be noted I was not one of them.

I do not care about play calling. It's concerning. But I care more that this is a more than capable team that is depressing. Their is no excitement, no attitude, and no identity. They don't play with hunger. That's what's hard to watch.
I think they're going to realize Johnson was a better coach than they thought.
I've said it since the scrimmages started.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:22 pm

Johnson’s biggest problem was that he wasn’t Trevon Pendleton and some West fans couldn’t get past that. Gilliand may be able to get the program going again, but time is running short on this season.*
Hit the nail on the head with this one. Wish I was more optimistic. Johnson had basically nothing to work with the last couple years. We have lost some good talent to other schools, but you could see the strides last year. And we knew the talent coming up. This team is still one year away, but 3-4 at this point is hard to swallow. The only thing that could redeem it as of now would be to win out and get a win against Burg. A playoff appearance with 16 teams is watered down, and anything outside of the top 8 teams is nothing to be that proud of imo.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Return to “Football”