3. West Jefferson
4. Barnesville
3 and 4 could go either way
Barnesville isn’t better than West Jefferson

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: region 23 after week 8 playoff projections

Post by EasternDspy »

West Jefferson has a great pass game it can be scary. They do struggle vs the run

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

There is a BIG gap in talent between the top three teams in the region and the rest. FF, WJ, and fairland can convincingly beat anyone else in the region without much effort. As for the semifinals, I expect Fort to have an easy game against Barnesville and Fairland to have a pretty close game with WJ but Fairland should pull away in the end. The regional final, regardless if it’s fort vs fairland or fort vs WJ, is shaping up to at least be a decent ball game. I imagine it will be much better than last years lol.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

CAT22 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:19 pm There is a BIG gap in talent between the top three teams in the region and the rest. FF, WJ, and fairland can convincingly beat anyone else in the region without much effort. As for the semifinals, I expect Fort to have an easy game against Barnesville and Fairland to have a pretty close game with WJ but Fairland should pull away in the end. The regional final, regardless if it’s fort vs fairland or fort vs WJ, is shaping up to at least be a decent ball game. I imagine it will be much better than last years lol.

You’re not giving Barnesville enough credit. Hannahs is a heck of a Qb. Barnesville was better than Fairland last year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Barnesville did play a bad schedule though.

Ovc1988
Waterboy

Post by Ovc1988 »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:26 pm
Ovc1988 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:31 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:20 pm Region 23 Rankings

1. Fort Frye
2. West Jefferson
3. Fairland
4. Barnesville
5. Nelsonville- York
6. Kipp
7. Northmor
8. Worthington Christian
1. Fort
2.Fairland
3. West Jefferson
4. Barnesville
3 and 4 could go either way
Barnesville isn’t better than West Jefferson
Nobody said Barnesville is better then WJ but Barnesville has a solid D-line a Qb that throws the ball very well and 2 very athletic receivers with a pretty good running back. They can give anyone they would give WJ a good game IMO

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:51 pm
CAT22 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:19 pm There is a BIG gap in talent between the top three teams in the region and the rest. FF, WJ, and fairland can convincingly beat anyone else in the region without much effort. As for the semifinals, I expect Fort to have an easy game against Barnesville and Fairland to have a pretty close game with WJ but Fairland should pull away in the end. The regional final, regardless if it’s fort vs fairland or fort vs WJ, is shaping up to at least be a decent ball game. I imagine it will be much better than last years lol.

You’re not giving Barnesville enough credit. Hannahs is a heck of a Qb. Barnesville was better than Fairland last year.
Barnesville did play fort frye harder last year but I think that attributed to them having more size up front on both sides of the ball. Fairland lacked in size and strength bad last year. Still yet I think fairlands offense was more productive than barnsevilles last year thanks to quarterback Ward and receiver Hunt. Combined, those two were a threat to any team they played.

As for this year, I think fairland is a good amount better than barnesville. Barnesville played buckeye trail early in the season and came out with a 27-20 win. Fairland just blew out trail 47-0. Barnesvilles 9-1 record does not impress me, they’ve only beaten one team with a winning record and that’s division 7 River. I would argue that while Nelsonville had a rocky start to their season, they now have shaped up to a team that is at least equal with barnesville, if not better. I’m not saying barnesville is a bad team, I just don’t think they can compete with the top 3 of the region, especially fort frye.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

CAT22 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Barnesville did play fort frye harder last year but I think that attributed to them having more size up front on both sides of the ball. Fairland lacked in size and strength bad last year. Still yet I think fairlands offense was more productive than barnsevilles last year thanks to quarterback Ward and receiver Hunt. Combined, those two were a threat to any team they played.

As for this year, I think fairland is a good amount better than barnesville. Barnesville played buckeye trail early in the season and came out with a 27-20 win. Fairland just blew out trail 47-0. Barnesvilles 9-1 record does not impress me, they’ve only beaten one team with a winning record and that’s division 7 River. I would argue that while Nelsonville had a rocky start to their season, they now have shaped up to a team that is at least equal with barnesville, if not better. I’m not saying barnesville is a bad team, I just don’t think they can compete with the top 3 of the region, especially fort frye.

Buckeye Trail was falling apart when Fairland played them. I have not even seen Barnesville this year. I do know I watched both last year and Barnesville was the better team. Maybe Fairland drastically improved I know they signed some free agents.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:28 pm
CAT22 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Buckeye Trail was falling apart when Fairland played them. I have not even seen Barnesville this year. I do know I watched both last year and Barnesville was the better team. Maybe Fairland drastically improved I know they signed some free agents.
I’ve personally been to every fairland game this year and I’ve noticed fairland HAS drastically improved. The only thing that is considerably worse than last year is the passing game and even then if they need to pass the ball they are more than capable. Special teams are preforming great, the O line and D line are bigger and stronger, partly in thanks to those free agents, and RB Brumfield has turned into a major weapon on offense this year. Defense as a whole is also improved from last year, holding albeit a crippled ironton offense to only 14 points in 4 quarters. I really do think if fairland has the opportunity to play fort frye again they will give them a run for their money. I just don’t know if the dragons have the offensive depth this year to come out on top.

Return to “Football”