2018 Ironton Head football coach

Game day
All State

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Game day »

I am not laying this on the board this new board is trying to make changes that are difficult to make.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Keep in mind the new board are the ones that voted not to renew any of the fall sports supplemental contrasts. This is something new that had not been done in the past. Do I think it could go faster yes but that is all the politics that is going on in the Ironton school system the board is dealing with daily.

Lets hope they pick the right coach and we are not back here again in 2 years.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

The board might choose to interview also. So it could still be awhile.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

rxburgfan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:40 pm
OVC wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 am I would hope that the first priority of Ironton's school board is to hire a superintendent. There should be a topic covering that subject instead of a football coach. I love football, I have a son who plays, but my children's education is more important than a football coach. My two-cents for what it is worth.
Perhaps on Superintendent preps there might be a thread on who gets that job. But please keep that discussion off here. The coaching thread is 23 pages. PLEASE HIRE A COACH...
I'm glad the Burgites care so much about our coach or the lack there of. I can honestly say I've never cared one iota who any one else's coach was,or if they had one. Thank you for caring

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

12gauge wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:58 am
rxburgfan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:40 pm
OVC wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 am I would hope that the first priority of Ironton's school board is to hire a superintendent. There should be a topic covering that subject instead of a football coach. I love football, I have a son who plays, but my children's education is more important than a football coach. My two-cents for what it is worth.
Perhaps on Superintendent preps there might be a thread on who gets that job. But please keep that discussion off here. The coaching thread is 23 pages. PLEASE HIRE A COACH...
I'm glad the Burgites care so much about our coach or the lack there of. I can honestly say I've never cared one iota who any one else's coach was,or if they had one. Thank you for caring
Obvious by your posts you don’t think outside Ironton city limits. But that’s for recognizing my concern for others.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Kleao wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:32 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 am
2thwzd wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:18 pm

What are they doing practicing anything on Sunday? IDC who the coach is, they should know better :evil:
we never practiced any on the weekends, I've never heard of this before. I don't know if it's a rumor. or something that is allowed now. I been outta school 39 years. and a lot has changed. we watched game films sunday night. of the previous game and upcoming opponents. but that was all.
These boys are putting in time to improve themselves and people want to complain. These boys are putting in time on their own. They don’t have any coaches helping them. These are boys trying to better themselves and we got complaints. They have NEVER practiced on a Sunday. They watch film DURING football season. People complain saying they don’t work hard enough and when they are putting in time on the off season to better themselves and the team, people complain! Make up your mind people.

I'm with kleao on this, if players are out there on their free time trying to get better on their own time and on their good for them. They are trying to get better even through this entire mess Ironton has put themselves in. Now if this team starts 0-3 then the same people complaining about players working on things themselves during free time would be complaining that players should have stepped up to get the team together to improve...you can't have it both ways. Things need to get straightened out in Tiger land before it's to late and this train wreck gets worse.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Kleao wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 am I wonder how many fans from Wheelersburg would complain that their boys were putting in time on their own to better themselves? I bet NONE. But our faithful fans of Ironton want to complain. We don’t even have a coach and it’s almost May. I’m proud that these boys are taking it upon themselves to try to get better on their own.
not to let out too many secrets but here goes........ starting about 10 years old ( 5 years for some) the vast majority of wheelersburg (boys and girls) start putting in EXTRA time on all sports in the evenings and on weekends YES SUNDAYS to improve at everything and its the PARENTS who do this...... the results speak for themselves...... the ENTIRE community gets involved....... then add in great feeder programs in ALL sports ran from the top down......then add top notch high school coaches

just stop by any field, gym or garage close to burg and you will find 10-18 year olds WORKING

why you ask? cause if you aint workin you aint playin

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Blitz wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:11 pm
Kleao wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 am I wonder how many fans from Wheelersburg would complain that their boys were putting in time on their own to better themselves? I bet NONE. But our faithful fans of Ironton want to complain. We don’t even have a coach and it’s almost May. I’m proud that these boys are taking it upon themselves to try to get better on their own.
not to let out too many secrets but here goes........ starting about 10 years old ( 5 years for some) the vast majority of wheelersburg (boys and girls) start putting in EXTRA time on all sports in the evenings and on weekends YES SUNDAYS to improve at everything and its the PARENTS who do this...... the results speak for themselves...... the ENTIRE community gets involved....... then add in great feeder programs in ALL sports ran from the top down......then add top notch high school coaches

just stop by any field, gym or garage close to burg and you will find 10-18 year olds WORKING

Told people that many times. Everyone wants to get on here and give all these reasons why burg is so successful in everything. The one thing and probably the most important thing they never mention is how hard the burg kids work. How much time they put in along with their coaches and parents.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

That’s my point! Who would complain about kids getting out and working hard to get ahead??? It’s beyond me that we would actually have Ironton “fans” complain. You are damned if you don’t and damned if you do! I personally am very proud of the handful of kids that take it serious and want to be the best they can be. Thank you for your post! You proved exactly what I was saying.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Tartanblue wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 pm

we never practiced any on the weekends, I've never heard of this before. I don't know if it's a rumor. or something that is allowed now. I been outta school 39 years. and a lot has changed. we watched game films sunday night. of the previous game and upcoming opponents. but that was all.
These boys are putting in time to improve themselves and people want to complain. These boys are putting in time on their own. They don’t have any coaches helping them. These are boys trying to better themselves and we got complaints. They have NEVER practiced on a Sunday. They watch film DURING football season. People complain saying they don’t work hard enough and when they are putting in time on the off season to better themselves and the team, people complain! Make up your mind people.

I'm with kleao on this, if players are out there on their free time trying to get better on their own time and on their good for them. They are trying to get better even through this entire mess Ironton has put themselves in. Now if this team starts 0-3 then the same people complaining about players working on things themselves during free time would be complaining that players should have stepped up to get the team together to improve...you can't have it both ways. Things need to get straightened out in Tiger land before it's to late and this train wreck gets worse.
Thank you!! I just don’t get people complaining about kids working hard to be ready. I’m glad they are doing it. We have no coach. It’s just a mess and the kids are getting very discouraged. You are correct that the people complaining about them working on the weekend will be the first ones in line complaining come football season. Thank you for your post! I couldn’t have said it any better.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Personally, I think it’s awesome that they are taking the initiative to get out there and work out on their own. I wish the ones that are could get the rest of them out there with them. You can go to practice when it starts and tell the ones that do and the ones that wait until the first practice before they start working out.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

2thwzd wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:15 am
Game day wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:54 am I am not laying this on the board this new board is trying to make changes that are difficult to make.
The "new" board should have stepped in long before now when the process first started. All the interviewing was completed weeks ago and still no decision? The BOE will ultimately have the final decision and evidently they were okay with the process that was set into motion for interviewing and the 2 people involved in the interviewing, so it is their responsibility in the end, after all, they will do the hiring.
The new board rides the fence. They tell every one and anyone what they want to hear. They need to remember all the text messages that they have sent to people! YIKES!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:20 pm Personally, I think it’s awesome that they are taking the initiative to get out there and work out on their own. I wish the ones that are could get the rest of them out there with them. You can go to practice when it starts and tell the ones that do and the ones that wait until the first practice before they start working out.
They have tried. You can’t make people want to be better. You are correct about seeing the difference of the kids that work hard all year round and the ones that don’t.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:20 pm You can go to practice when it starts and tell the ones that do and the ones that wait until the first practice before they start working out.
I'm with you on that buckeyetwo.

Jukeboxer
Waterboy

Post by Jukeboxer »

Who "should" be doing the interviewing if not the AD?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:17 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:20 pm You can go to practice when it starts and tell the ones that do and the ones that wait until the first practice before they start working out.
I'm with you on that buckeyetwo.
Can’t imagine there is an above avg program in the state that that happens

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tartanblue wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 pm

I agree blue. I thought from what other posts were saying that these were organized practices. I say if they are out there getting time in passing, running plays and the like 40 yard dashes n such. then more power to them. and I think it's a great sign the kids are hungry. but, and I say this because I have no idea.---------- would the school be responsible if during these sundays if a kid gets injured. say it's a sunday and someone tears an acl on a pass route on ironton's field. or someone passes out, or heaven forbid, something worse. ----------------- could something like this put the program in hot water. you have to think that way these days.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that is awesome blitz.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

There is one reason Wheelersburg is better than Ironton at this point is coaching period! We have not had a good staff and leadership for the kids the last 5 years. Kids doing what they want when they want.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Game day wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:32 am There is one reason Wheelersburg is better than Ironton at this point is coaching period! We have not had a good staff and leadership for the kids the last 5 years. Kids doing what they want when they want.
Depth and talent has played a huge part.

Return to “Football”