Chillicothe 2008 football schedule

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Coach Valentine should be the O-cordinator for Chillicothe in 2008.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

where U been 86? He has moved on to be the OC at Unioto

Army
S

Post by Army »

hilltopkid wrote:where U been 86? He has moved on to be the OC at Unioto

Kenny has moved on to be the OC at Unioto? Are you serious :?:.................. Why :?:

Is he still going to coach track this season at Chillicothe :?:

Who is going to take over as the OC at Chillicothe :?:

ARMY

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Three very good questions, Army... would be very interested in getting answers to the first and third ones.

Calling it like it is...
hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Not sure he wants the reasons discussed publicly, and I honestly don't know all of them, but he's already made the move public knowledge.
Probably b/c he wants to run his own style of offense and with a new, young HC, he would probably have more freedom to do so w/ total control of play calling etc... I'd have to say teaching there and knowing the kids has a lot to do with it, more than anything.
There was no falling out between him and any other coaches, just something he decided to do.
Not sure who will be the OC, but Bill pretty much runs and calls the offense. I think the search for a QB coach will be the main priority. Yes, he will still be the track coach at Chilli this spring.Don't know after that.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Odd... that's a loss of 2 very fine (my opinion) and experienced assistants in the last two years. One who was with this program for quite a while, the other who probably knew this current crop of players longer than anyone as a coach.

Calling it like it is...
bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Who left last year?

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Ted Lehew

Calling it like it is...
bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I forgot about Lehew. Very colorful and knowledgable coach.
He retired from teaching also

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

"Colorful" is an interesting, and accurate, description of Coach Lehew. The kids loved playing for him.

Calling it like it is...
beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

i wish coach val the best at unioto, he is a very good coach and will be missed by the Cavs players, and other coaches. i've known coach val for a very long time and i know that he wouldn't be doing this if he didn't feel that it was the best thing for him to do.

coach d will find someone to come in and take the qb coach job. coach d respects his assistants and knows that his team's success depends on his assistant coaches.

has any of the other assistants taken jobs elsewhere hilltop???

and any news on this past seasons seniors getting college looks?? like zach ray, john anderson, juice, corbin tanner?? thanks.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

no one else has left yet beezee.
As far as colleges, I think the guys are still exploring their options.

Lamont C-Are you implying that these guys are leaving for a reason?Lehew left b/c he was ready to get out and retire from teaching and coaching, period. So , no , it's not "odd". People tend to retire after 35 years of coaching. Believe me, no one wanted him to go. I really learned a lot from him.
As far as Val, he came into the position as 2-a-days were starting in 06 b/c another local coach that had recently accepted the OC position got out b/c his mother was sick and he had to care for her. Not saying he didn't want to do it, but I think part of the reason he did it at the last minute, was b/c he knew the situation and didn't want them to get stuck w/out a coach.
Things like this are going to happen w/ coaching staffs.Especially when you have guys at retirement age and younger guys still wanting to be head coaches or coordinators again.It's nice to have a staff with that much experience. In 2006, we had 5 ex-head coaches, but like I said, some of them still have a desire to be HC's.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

thanks for the update coach.

what are the weight room numbers looking like???

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Hilltop, nothing "implied". But don't they all eventually have a "reason" when leaving?? Great teachers (i.e. assistants) are just as difficult to come by, if not more so, than great players. Barring overwhelming talent year after year, they are the pillars of kids having proper technique, continuity in the system, and familiarity as to what is expected from them while growing up in a football program. These individuals are just as responsible (maybe more at times) in the development of a player, as the head coach. So, in a way, losing two men with @ 60 years in coaching in less than 2 years, does raise the curiosity of some interested in the program. Good luck to Coach Val. The priority should be finding his replacement.

Calling it like it is...
Army
S

Post by Army »

I talked to a 3 year starting CAV linemen tonight at the Logan B-Ball Game. He said there are a lot of folks coming out this year to add to the already returning starters and 8th graders who will be Freshmen next year. He also said don't be surprised at a certain group of starting players coming to play for Chilly from a SVC school over a HEAT STROKE situation that happened last year. WOW :!:

Sounds like the CAVS will be rearing to go this season in the SEOAL. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

whatever LC

Army--look at you starting it already.lol You know the Logan boys will see your comment about the SVC and start the "Chilli has to recruit" thing again.No recruiting, just attractive to some kids at smaller schools. Good thing we got the transfers that we did last year.

Army
S

Post by Army »

hilltopkid wrote:whatever LC

Army--look at you starting it already.lol You know the Logan boys will see your comment about the SVC and start the "Chilli has to recruit" thing again.No recruiting, just attractive to some kids at smaller schools. Good thing we got the transfers that we did last year.

Hilltop,

You know that we always somehow get a SVC player or two. It's almost automatic. But we don't recruit they want to come here. You know Logan needs something to harass us about. You also know the lineman I am talking about. I think he lives out by the other school districts line. He has a lot of friends who still goes there, and they told him what he was talking about at the game. I didn't know there was a heat stroke situation last year at a SVC School. 14 is a lot though. Don't you think :?: :roll:

Especially about 3/4ths are supposed to be starters on that SVC schools 2007 Team. Most will be Seniors. If that really happens......I don't know what type of talent they have. I watched them play in there opener in the 2006 season and they were terrible. They had a huge-line but couldn't move the ball. There running backs were not that bad. One is a Senior this year.

Again, I'll believe it when they are at practice this summer. Until then yeah....yeah. :roll:

But I bet there will be a few who show up on our doorstep. It's always like that for our CAVS.

Hey Logan we don't recruit.....they come here to play. Why....so they can play against the likes of your great team and Ironton and Gallipolis and Zanesville. They want to try to get a Scholarship. And....play some real teams.

ARMY :-D

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Army--Actually, I have no clue who the lineman is you're referring to. I fthey come, we'll coach em up, but if they don't, no sweat.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Another assistant told some of the kids today that he would not be back for 2008. Coach Karl Justice will join Coach Val @ Unioto.

Calling it like it is...
Army
S

Post by Army »

Lamont Cranston wrote:Another assistant told some of the kids today that he would not be back for 2008. Coach Karl Justice will join Coach Val @ Unioto.

Lamont Cranston,
I wonder if the CAVS will go local in there search or throughout the State to replace these two outstanding coaches we are losing to Unioto :?:

ARMY :-D
Last edited by Army on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”