Warren Warrior Football 2008

DevilDog
Waterboy

Re: Warren Warrior Football 2008

Post by DevilDog »

I hope not, but if that's the case I can only say congrats on getting one heck of a coach and a first class individual. Good Luck this year.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

The source himself.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

schenk i hope its not a done deal

saw coach Boley today up at the high school

that was a good sign

hope to see Andy here soon to talk about some things

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

To all you marietta fans
i talk to coach schob on a daily basis. it IS a done deal. trust me on this one.

Andy Schob is officially a Warren Warrior now.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

i do trust because i have heard it myself from a very trustworthy person and he the person i talked to has put all his heart into the program and wants to see it succeed after he has left.

Good luck to Marietta and Warren

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Congrats to the Warriors! Andy is a great coach, but more importantly a first class individual and leader. He will bring much more to you than just X's and O's.

Why Marietta let him get away is beyond me. I'm hoping there is something in the works on the coaching front that will bring some sense to this, but I'm not so sure.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Just a quick update . . .

The players a working very, very hard in the weight room. Numbers are excellent for this time of year with all of the kids putting on muscle weight. A real fine group of Sophomores may contribute next year with Greathouse (6'3", 250), Place (6'3", 200), Morrison (6'1", 195) all working hard. Of course Venham will be a factor (6'3", 190) and Justin Rohr (a varsity letter winner in wrestling this season) is saying that he will play. Brian Hendricks is a fine player and Justin Hilverding showed promise as the JV QB last season.

Everyone may be pretty surprised to learn that SR Jon Hebb (6'3", 185) has committed to play and has been working out with the team. He should be able to contribute with his speed and athleticism.

In other great news, word has it that SR Eric Hoon will be playing again this season. He is in the weight room and I'm guessing will be about 6'5", 250 this season. He could really make a difference this year.

Of course all of the regulars a working hard:

SENIORS:
Fulton
Lemon
Johnson
Coffman
Weekly

JUNIORS:
Wolfe
Ellenwood
Arbuckle
Pritt
Alfred
Arnold

Several others are running track and playing baseball: Wellspring, Dunfee, etc.

I'll edit the list with other names and stats as I get more information. The bottom line is nearly all the kids that you might hope would play football ARE playing football. Combine this increased participation with some coaching continuity (same head coach and several assistants) and a dash of new coaching (the Schobs) and everyone has reason to be pretty excited.

As Napoleon D. would say . . . sweeet!

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

A few new faces are starting to appear as well: justin yocum, cort zoller, and johnny mensker have all been at lifting and said they will play. Seth Harris is also playing. Also trying to talk some kids into playing football instead of golf. We'll see how that plays out later. All I can say is...so far so good

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

bigbluerinsider, I don't think you know everything, cause why is Schob interviewing for the Marietta job this week?????
If Warren wants to keep Schob, then they better sweeten the deal with a REAL teaching job and not just a Sub job. Common Lef you can do it !!!!!!!!!

Nothing is ever a done deal. He can jump ship when a better job comes along.

Good Luck Warriors!

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

all the kids at warren seem to really like mr. schob as a teacher. there isn't any reason why they shouldn't hire him on full time and i hope they do.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

any new news for the warriors?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Well, Warren is attempting to host a 7on7 league in the month of June. We'll see how it goes as this is something new. In Texas and other states they actually have a 7on7 state championship. Hopefully a few teams will participate.

I suppose everyone is waiting to hear what Coach Schob's situation will be. He interviewed at Marietta (this was not unexpected) last week. I assume he will be working with the players after school today as he has been, but as far as what the future holds, you never know what will happen.

I personally hope he continues with Warren as he has already had a positive impact on things.

We'll keep our fingers crossed.

All in all this is the best spring that Warren has had from a football perspective in quite some time.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

havent seen either of the schobes in over a week. i wonder just how good that interview at marietta was. plus im not sure if warren can offer him a teaching job right now. i heard that this summer several teachers were being cut. doesnt sound too good.

gunman
Waterboy

Post by gunman »

Just wondering who is on staff for the Warren Warriors this up coming season?

zeus_724
Waterboy

Post by zeus_724 »

Why doesn't Warren look at people from Warren who WANT to be there? I know there are several cuts happening but they used to value loyalty and get people in who wanted to be there.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

this is what its looking like right now:
pifer: head coach
gribble: special teams
schaad: OL, DL
zwick: QB
those are really the only 4 definate coaches that will be there at the start of the season. i imagine coach ryan will be back and hopefully smith as well.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

You haven't seen Schob for over a week because he has been finishing up his college work by a diversity week in Charleston.

Marietta did two interviews Friday and were happy with both of them, one being Schob. In Marietta that means nothing though, so we'll see.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Shenk is correct on all counts. Andy has been student teaching in Charleston, WV and Jason has been working. They should be back working with Warren players next week. However, whether they are at Warren or Marietta for the long-term depends on factors that none of us have any control over. The ball is in Marietta's court as to whether they offer Andy the head coaching job and as to whether or not he gets a full-time teaching position.

We'll see . . .

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

saw a kid at Warren roaming the halls the other day
6'4" 250+
asked if he played football,
he said the thought never crossed his mind.

His dad played on the 76 PHS state championship team
Someone work on this kid. He could be a force with some instruction.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

pm me if you know the name of this kid. ill do my best 2 see what i can do.

Return to “Football”