Who wins?

Total votes: 0

86grad
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Jackson @ (1-0) Waverly

Post by 86grad »

Andy wrote:Video is now available as well over at http://www.nextvsports.com

Thanks..

As it stands we do not have a game 3 to cover. Our sponsorship search has been a bit dry. To be honest we have been so busy just getting the site and other things ironed out that we haven't had time to pursue them just yet. I can be reached at 937-779-4043 if anyone has any questions about how to sponsor us for a game in your area. It's quite cheep and I'd be happy to explain it.... Andy (nextvsports)
Thanks for the coverage. I'm not able to make it down to the promise land as much as I like, and your coverage allowed me to match some images up with the game as described on SEOPS. I don't know of anyone who's a sports fan, and not being a fan of high school football as well; let's get these boys some sponsorship!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Everyone had better look out for those Tigers from here on out. Nice win for jackson but not surprised by the heart of both teams. Congrats on a great game by both squads and i will watch this game on the internet for sure!

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

The guys on nextvsports.com did a good job. That's a good idea, I hope they get some sponsors so they can continue. I enjoyed watching the Jackson-Waverly game and the end of the Piketon-Waverly game. Huff and Hughes were both beasts against the Tigers. I'm sure Waverly will still win a fair share of games this season.

burg09
Waterboy

Post by burg09 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:If Jackson drops more back into coverage Waverly will run more, not hard to figure out. You can't say Waverly should have done this or should have done that on OFFENSE - They scored 54 points, what they were doing on offense was working. They took what the defense gave them. Don't think Waverly can't run the ball. Drop more back and find out.
I have to give props to the Tiger O-Line. I thought they did an outstanding job against Piketon considering what Piketon was bringing.

Thought they were going to run the ball more if needed, but they didn't because,oh, gotta keep those stats up for the coach's kid thought i was wrong? oh wait, i wasn't malone got the ball 6-7 times, not much for the others, and anyways you lost, no way you guys are gonna have a winning season with those plays, i mean who was roback throwing to ??? half the time it was to no one and then the other team!

burg09
Waterboy

Post by burg09 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:burg09,
The biggest margin was 15 in the 4th quarter.
To make an accusation that Waverly coaches are more concerned about one kid being the "show" and less concerned about the team is ludicrous. #3 & #7 contributed nicely to the victory as did many others. The freshman (#15) had a huge debute for the Tigers.

You cannot compare the number of passing attempts to what the Tigers did last year. This was a very unique game and Waverly ran the "plays" they felt they could run to get the outcome they wanted - A TEAM VICTORY.

Since this is a Waverly/Jackson thread and you think Jackson will lay all their eggs in one basket so to speak, based on Friday's game against Piketon, you have another thing coming. Jackson knows they can't drop 5 or 6 guys in coverage. If they do Malone, Rowland, Murray and Roback will run the ball with much success.

tiger2010, guess what, remember i said time will tell and guess what, time TOLD YOU! Malone, Rowland, Marray didn't run the ball hardly at all, Waverly lost cause of this, do scouts really want a QB like Roback that only knows how to throw the ball to ? Guess that other thing coming decided to head your way, Guess a team victory wasn't in the game plan.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Anyone know anything about the Jackson-Waverly JV game that was to be played today? I went to the stadium at 5:30 and everyone was leaving. Did they play the game earlier or was it cancelled?

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

no the jv jackson vs waverly was cancelled after jackson got ready. . waverly called at 5:20 and said they didnt have the game scheduled :D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

haha...I see. Thanks for the information.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

ironman02.....I e-mailed you the stats from this game as per your request. Enjoy.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Thanks, keyser soze78.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

tigerfan4life......I e-mailed you the stats as well, per your request. Enjoy.

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

burg09 wrote:
To make an accusation that Waverly coaches are more concerned about one kid being the "show" and less concerned about the team is ludicrous. #3 & #7 contributed nicely to the victory as did many others. The freshman (#15) had a huge debute for the Tigers.

You cannot compare the number of passing attempts to what the Tigers did last year. This was a very unique game and Waverly ran the "plays" they felt they could run to get the outcome they wanted - A TEAM VICTORY.

Since this is a Waverly/Jackson thread and you think Jackson will lay all their eggs in one basket so to speak, based on Friday's game against Piketon, you have another thing coming. Jackson knows they can't drop 5 or 6 guys in coverage. If they do Malone, Rowland, Murray and Roback will run the ball with much success.

tiger2010, guess what, remember i said time will tell and guess what, time TOLD YOU! Malone, Rowland, Marray didn't run the ball hardly at all, Waverly lost cause of this, do scouts really want a QB like Roback that only knows how to throw the ball to ? Guess that other thing coming decided to head your way, Guess a team victory wasn't in the game plan.

OK, Bug09, In your expert opinion, what do you do if the defense has trouble stopping a power run game and Jackson is able to run half a quarter per drive off the clock? Lets say Waverly tried to run the ball in the first half and was stuffed once and got a motion penalty and had to punt back to Jackson who, in turn, ran the ball down the field and scoreed taking another eight minutes off the clock? What do you do if you find yourself down by 21 points to a clock controlling team and you know you have a good passing game?

Waverly's game plan was to run the ball more. As it turned out, Waverly had trouble sustaining blocks when they tried to run early and then they found themselves down by three scores and obvious trouble stopping Jackson from controlling the clock. I'm sorry, that you don't understand how football strategy works, but the options are limited at this point.

But I am curious... What would you have done?

Oh and congrats to Jackson! Your boys wanted and took that game. Great job to the players and the coaches!

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

This was a good game, Jackson had a good lead at half and Waverly responded in the 2nd half but Jackson held them off to a 27-20 victory. Jackson played their kind of football hard hitting, run right at you, and it seemed to be to much for Waverly. Jackson's only weak point seems to be their kickoff team but from what I've heard coach Wolford is beefing it up.

burg09
Waterboy

Post by burg09 »

Dudley87 wrote:
burg09 wrote:

OK, Bug09, In your expert opinion, what do you do if the defense has trouble stopping a power run game and Jackson is able to run half a quarter per drive off the clock? Lets say Waverly tried to run the ball in the first half and was stuffed once and got a motion penalty and had to punt back to Jackson who, in turn, ran the ball down the field and scoreed taking another eight minutes off the clock? What do you do if you find yourself down by 21 points to a clock controlling team and you know you have a good passing game?

Waverly's game plan was to run the ball more. As it turned out, Waverly had trouble sustaining blocks when they tried to run early and then they found themselves down by three scores and obvious trouble stopping Jackson from controlling the clock. I'm sorry, that you don't understand how football strategy works, but the options are limited at this point.

But I am curious... What would you have done?

Oh and congrats to Jackson! Your boys wanted and took that game. Great job to the players and the coaches!

See i am a player, not a coach, but not dumb enough to figure out by watching that the team is focusing on a throwing game and thats all i have to say i do understand how football strategy works and again and the options are not limited the coaching staff is limiting them there are always options and from a players point they didn't try very hard to run the ball and my beef with this post wasnt with you it was with tiger2010 and i wanted to make sure he understood that what he told me was incorrect and i was open minded in the begining of the game maybe you should have read that part also and said " time will tell" tiger2010 seems to be very defensive unnecessarily and it also seems you to take a break and relax dude seriously

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

OK.... then lets do this. If you are a player, grab me or call me any time and lets discuss it. My name is Jason and you can figure out the rest.

Return to “Football”