WK 6 Zanesville @ Logan

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Re: WK 6 Zanesville @ Logan

Post by loyaldevilfan »

LoganLocos wrote:First, let me say GREAT game to the Blue Devils. Coach Grandstaff and his staff. They had a great game plan and the kids executed extremely well. Hats off.

Zanesville played man to man straight up the outside and did a nice job with delayed blitzing to force Patrick Angle to make quick decisions - something he has not had to do all season.

Zanesville took away the plays that have worked all season - THAT is coaching. He made Logan do some different things.

I'll say this, it's nice to have a quarterback whose worst game is 242 yards passing and 84 yards rushing. WOW.

Logan had THREE turnovers inside the 15 yard line (1 fumble, 1 INT, 1 on downs). The Chiefs also suffered 3 BIG sacks in that area.

In the long run, this game was GREAT for Logan. It gave our coaches a chance to see how teams CAN defend our offense, and it gave Patrick a look at the kind speed he will see in the playoffs.

Logan will get better from this game and offered a challenge that no one else on the schedule had done to this point.

I predicted he would have over 100 yards rushing and over 100 yards passing so I was close....LOL

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Great effort and great game plan by the Blue Devils. Kudos. Logan played the worst I've seen them since the Lancaster game LAST year. And still won. They will learn much from this. Zanesville 2-4? I can't see how it's not more like 4-2.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

Locus

You are one of the few Logan fans I think can see past the purple. Zville came to play and if they would have got a few more breaks they win but, POINT is they did not good job LOGAN!!!! I will say this this team is not as good as last year team and I dont feel they are the 3rd best team in the state. Good luck the rest of the year may see you guys in our staduim in the playoffs if you make it to round 2?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

zbd wrote:Locus

You are one of the few Logan fans I think can see past the purple. Zville came to play and if they would have got a few more breaks they win but, POINT is they did not good job LOGAN!!!! I will say this this team is not as good as last year team and I dont feel they are the 3rd best team in the state. Good luck the rest of the year may see you guys in our staduim in the playoffs if you make it to round 2?

Thanks zbd.

I will say that I think this Chieftain team IS better than last year, but did not play up their ability against the Blue Devils. However, ZHS did have a lot to do with that. Both teams missed some opportunities.

Zanesville had a great game plan and rattled our kids, but I think it will make us better if we make the right adjustments and work on getting better.

As Woody Hayes said, "If you ain't getting better, you're getting worse" - It's time for the Chiefs to "get better." I have confidence in our kids and our coaches.

Return to “Football”