OVC Coal Grove (6-1; 2-0) @ Rock Hill (1-6; 1-1)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: OVC Coal Grove (6-1; 2-0) @ Rock Hill (1-6; 1-1)

Post by fuzzhead »

Codeman, the visitors' locker room is closer to that side of the stadium. That's the closest route from the locker room to the field. It wouldn't make any sense at all to come from the locker room all the way over to the visitors' side, walk up a hill, form a line that would reach to the lower levels of the parking lot or through the fans in line to come through the gate, and run out from there. The closest route from point A to point B is a straight line.

Again, no rivalry here. Since 1951, this game has mostly been an opportunity for Rock Hill to get a win that they can hang their hats on. The Hill has only won 5 or 6 OVC titles since they joined the conference, so it's rarely ever (if ever) been a game that determined the OVC crown between the two teams.
The only reasons this game is considered "a rivalry" by many are:

A) Rock Hill's "if ya can't beat 'em, fight 'em in the parking lot" approach to this game. They have something like 14 last-place finishes in the OVC since the conference was formed in 1954 and I'm pretty sure they have the fewest conference wins of any charter member of the conference. Coal Grove, of course, has the most OVC wins. They have been the conference whipping boy for the most part since the 50s, so it only makes sense that they choose the team that has the most wins against them to hate the most.

B) Average/Bad Coal Grove teams' desire to have something to hang their hats on for the season. It would only make sense to call Rock Hill your biggest "rival", sense the Hornets own them anyway. That way, you get a win against your "rival" and can say, "well, the season as a whole was disappointing, but at least we beat our rivals".

C) The fans getting up for the game. "Kill the Hill" is catchy and spreads among the fanbase like wild-fire.

Coal Grove absolutely owns Rock Hill. For some reason, there's a need to make more of a deal about this game than what should be made. But the fans love it and the players love it and if it gets people to come out and support the kids and if it gets the Hornets prepared, then I'm all for it. But when it come to blows like it nearly did friday, it's time to step back and look at the facts.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Fuzz, I really love reading your posts...if you had ANY clue about what it is like to play in this game you might have a point. As for the case CG's record against RH being lopsided, no sh**. I would bet if you throw ANY teams historical record against RH it is going to be pretty good. Now sit back and THINK about this, the last 16 games, CG leads the series 9-7. I think the series has been very competitive since 1991, with mostly hard fought contest. Now you can beat your chest and talk about the dominance of the 70's and 80's all you want, but so can most of the OVC. RH football had VERY FEW competitive teams from 1960-1989....so in those 30 years CG won the series 25 to 5.

By the way, your reasoning for the trip down RH's sideline either shows you are a moron or you just can't admit the total lack of class displayed by your team. It is laughable how you blame all the RH-CG fights against RH when that act alone could have easily ignited one before the game. When a team enters the field area, they are directly behind the goal post, a right turn would have put your team on the correct sideline...if you can't understand that..well :roll:

Anyway, on to SP...I will worry about CG next season....on to SP.

sportsfan77
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan77 »

Keep your post coming Fuzz, you're really giving us Rock Hill fans a good laugh!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Inbredfootballfan wrote:Fuzz, I really love reading your posts...if you had ANY clue about what it is like to play in this game you might have a point. As for the case CG's record against RH being lopsided, no sh**. I would bet if you throw ANY teams historical record against RH it is going to be pretty good. Now sit back and THINK about this, the last 16 games, CG leads the series 9-7. I think the series has been very competitive since 1991, with mostly hard fought contest. Now you can beat your chest and talk about the dominance of the 70's and 80's all you want, but so can most of the OVC. RH football had VERY FEW competitive teams from 1960-1989....so in those 30 years CG won the series 25 to 5.

As I showed on page 1 of this thread, the series has been very close lately. This is because Coal Grove was bad from 1999 to 2003. Since Lucas made his return in 2004, Coal Grove is 5-1 (.833) against Rock Hill and all of the wins have been blowouts except for the 2007 game in which Rock Hill was favored rather heavily.

Inbredfootballfan wrote:By the way, your reasoning for the trip down RH's sideline either shows you are a moron or you just can't admit the total lack of class displayed by your team. It is laughable how you blame all the RH-CG fights against RH when that act alone could have easily ignited one before the game. When a team enters the field area, they are directly behind the goal post, a right turn would have put your team on the correct sideline...if you can't understand that..well :roll:

Anyway, on to SP...I will worry about CG next season....on to SP.

Coal Grove does the same formation when they come out at every game. Even at home, they come out from the parking lot, move down the opponent sideline, and then spread out across one side of the 50 yard line and go into their warm-ups. They didn't do it because "they're classless". No other team has ever had a problem with it and no fans have ever brought it up on here. :roll:

rh allsports mom wrote:Keep your post coming Fuzz, you're really giving us Rock Hill fans a good laugh!!!!!!!!!!!

At 1-7, laughs are probably hard to come by so I'm glad I could be of service, ma'am. Hopefully for your coach's sake you can win out. He really is a class act. It's a shame some of your fans belittle him the way they do.

groveyard08
Riding the Bench

Post by groveyard08 »

are u people really that insane??
ive played at cg and the reason we come down the ole mighty hills sideline thats forbidden to do on the grounds of a "great" team :lol: is so we can run across the fifty yard line towards our fans?? i mean we do that everywhere we play ?? u act like if we wouldnt hav done that then the game would hav been different...give me a break...come to a home game and u will see the same thing...so hopefully u guys are done whining ab showing class now...and just like last night rh lost to cg in a jv game and ur fans was screaming cheaters and yelling anything that they can just showing how big of sore losers u are!!! u guys are the biggest bunch of babies i have ever seen... :lol: :lol: we all came up with a good idea to just follow rock hill where ever they go to play and just get a video camera and record ur actions towards the end of the game when u LOOSE and make a movie out of it..u guys could win an oscar! :lol: :lol:

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

groveyard08 wrote:are u people really that insane??
ive played at cg and the reason we come down the ole mighty hills sideline thats forbidden to do on the grounds of a "great" team :lol: is so we can run across the fifty yard line towards our fans?? i mean we do that everywhere we play ?? u act like if we wouldnt hav done that then the game would hav been different...give me a break...come to a home game and u will see the same thing...so hopefully u guys are done whining ab showing class now...and just like last night rh lost to cg in a jv game and ur fans was screaming cheaters and yelling anything that they can just showing how big of sore losers u are!!! u guys are the biggest bunch of babies i have ever seen... :lol: :lol: we all came up with a good idea to just follow rock hill where ever they go to play and just get a video camera and record ur actions towards the end of the game when u LOOSE and make a movie out of it..u guys could win an oscar! :lol: :lol:

Hmmm the way you spell "loose" anywhere but cg is "l-o-s-e"...hahaha best joke of the thread! :-D

But anyways...Running down the sideline to run towards your sideline on the fifty is one thing... BUT, stopping half way and doing some sort of chant...? is another. This was extremely disrespectful, but so be it...it's over. See you next year, you "hornit"! :122249

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No doubt emotions ran high. . . but this is why this game always draws high attendance. The fans like to see this crap and they get fired up about it.

groveyard08
Riding the Bench

Post by groveyard08 »

so you are saying its wrong to look at your team and one guy yells out "are yall ready" and they scream back "yea!!!!!"
give ma a break u baby..we have done that since lucas has been back...maybe the hill should use sumthin like that to hype their team up and help that winning record they got :lol: :lol: :lol:

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Quick question for you studs at CG....who has the most playoff appearances from the OVC the last 10 years? I don't know the answer, just know that RH has 3 in the last 7(counting this year since we know we are not going).

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

As I showed on page 1 of this thread, the series has been very close lately. This is because Coal Grove was bad from 1999 to 2003. Since Lucas made his return in 2004, Coal Grove is 5-1 (.833) against Rock Hill and all of the wins have been blowouts except for the 2007 game in which Rock Hill was favored rather heavily.

Fuzz, then throw out the wins thes last 2 years because RH has been bad, oh and 1989 and 1998 season were 0-10 out RH so throw them out too.....what will be the excuse the next 2 seasons because I'm calling for 2 maybe 3 in a row coming from RH. Enjoy your win. If I was you, as well as all the Hornets...I would be focusing on week 10...the OVC and possible playoffs are on the line. Of course if Burg plays like they are capable and RidgeWEED pulls off a win this week you boys will be starting basketball the same time as the boys at RH anyway :-D

groveyard08
Riding the Bench

Post by groveyard08 »

i yet to understand how rockhill was favored to win in 2007..

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

footballfan wrote:Quick question for you studs at CG....who has the most playoff appearances from the OVC the last 10 years? I don't know the answer, just know that RH has 3 in the last 7(counting this year since we know we are not going).

Chesapeake.

groveyard08 wrote:i yet to understand how rockhill was favored to win in 2007..

Because no one gave your class (class of '08) any respect at all - not even people from CG. At the same time, that was the 3rd straight year that Rock Hill had been absolutely loaded. They had the two Kuhne boys who transfered from Ironton + Wes Pierson and several other key players.
The game was absolutely huge for both teams plus Ironton needed a Rock Hill loss to have shot at the playoffs. As it turned out, Rock Hill lost their final two but still reached the playoffs ahead of Ironton, who stayed home.

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

who has 1 win in last 21 games and the 1 win was lucky cause of rain and mud, you cant beat us when u guys even make playoff that how bad u guys are, so we will see you next year.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

hornetdad,

I really think next year is going to roll around at the same time for both CG and RH if you know what I mean....in case you don't....a Ridgewood win puts a HUGE hurdle for CG to clear to make the playoffs. Next Friday night could see both RH and CG preparing for next season....

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

footballfan wrote:hornetdad,

I really think next year is going to roll around at the same time for both CG and RH if you know what I mean....in case you don't....a Ridgewood win puts a HUGE hurdle for CG to clear to make the playoffs. Next Friday night could see both RH and CG preparing for next season....

footballfan

you know if u guy could win some games that would help us make playoffs, but you guys stinks so bad that we dont get any help so why dont you guys win some games for us next year so you can help us make playoff 2 years in row.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

hornetdad,

:roll: CG will not even sniff the playoff picture next year...watch as HOF coach steps down. Believe it or not...

groveyard08
Riding the Bench

Post by groveyard08 »

ok football fan...with both woods boys returning, murphy, boyd, bender, morrison,cunningham, and a bunch more returning i dnt see them not having a chance?? way better thann rh ever thought ab having..it would b nice to see them even win 3 games!!..coal grove will hav huge losses but still hav a pretty solid team nxt year...but hey who knows? thats the excitement of football...anything can happen..

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

footballfan wrote:I really think next year is going to roll around at the same time for both CG and RH if you know what I mean....in case you don't....a Ridgewood win puts a HUGE hurdle for CG to clear to make the playoffs. Next Friday night could see both RH and CG preparing for next season....

Coal Grove has a 99% chance of making the playoffs if they win out, regardless of what anyone else does. Do the math. A highly likely Nelsonville-York loss this friday at Ironton (they are 27-point underdogs) will almost certainly make them the odd man out in Region 19 if Coal Grove, Wheelersburg, and Ridgeweed win out.
Coal Grove's projected Harbin Average at 9-1 is something like 18.7; Nelsonville-York's projected average at 8-2 is something like 17.1 - that's quite a difference. The Buckeyes will not get many points in the next two weeks with a loss to Ironton likely coming tomorrow + a game against hapless Vinton County in week 10.
Again, this "Ridgewood" nonsense is simply speculation coming from pessimistic Coal Grove fans and Hornet-haters like yourself who don't take the time to learn the math involved (or just refuse to grasp it).

footballfan wrote: CG will not even sniff the playoff picture next year...watch as HOF coach steps down. Believe it or not...

Same ol' rumor. . . here it every year - FROM PEOPLE IN COAL GROVE. Why would I believe it from a person from Rock Hill? Yawn. . . :roll:
The same rumors always start up about Lutz down in Ironton after every year. . .

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

the hill started preparing for the 2010 season in august :lol:

Return to “Football”