D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

seasick80
All State

Re: D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Post by seasick80 »

mikenmike wrote:
Da Bears wrote: I say their speed isn't that much greater than Oak Hill's but the Oaks strength and balanced offense will give them the edge.

You will be surprised at how fast ridgewood is. I didn't think that they would be any faster then burg until I saw them play :oops: .

I agree with the FIRST statement! :12223 .

OAKIES, from the STOKIES, HAMMER!!

GET THE WIN!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Just watched video from the Minford game vs RW, how many times did Oesch fumble? Uncharacteristic of him.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

demaniac1 wrote:Just watched video from the Minford game vs RW, how many times did Oesch fumble? Uncharacteristic of him.

Turnovers killed Minford against Ridgewood. I have never seen the momentum change more than after those fumbles, you could almost feel the change in the stadium.
Back to the game at hand. This will be Oak Hill's toughest battle by far, if they can limit the Jet Sweep and their D-line can keep the linemen off the backers then they will have a good chance at winning. But saying and doing are two completely things. Good Luck Oaks!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's gettin close oaks, hope you all have a great game , and advance farther. you all are having an amazing season.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I do hope the oaks and burg advance... Anything can happen, but really after that, whomever has to face coldwater or ursuline..... ugggh...

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

sandman wrote:Da Bears:

I have said it all year. I realize that RV wasn't much of a challenge this year but after watching them play there, I knew that no one else we had seen was as good as OH. They have great strength and size and their coach seems to be able to control them like they are wearing shock collars. When he said to pour it on they did and when he said stop they did that as well. This isn't heresay because I was standing right among them and saw it happen. They were very regimented and in control of the situation.

I applaud Oak Hill's system for getting behind their programs and doing what it takes to field teams that can compete at this level. I am not familiar with their opponents from here on out but I hope that they go all the way. It appears to me that they have put in the work to have earned it.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the basketball players from last year's championship team are playing on this football squad? A few I'll bet. Athletes are athletes and it seems they have some. Good luck Oaks in the playoffs.

This is what makes me laugh when I read posts like this because last year and the year before the "system" you are talking about was highly criticized and many on this same topic wanted the coaching staff gone!!! Not many were behind them abd were calling for their heads!Now they are the best thing since slice bread. That is funny to me. Wow, how winning changes everything.
I think the coaching staff has done an unbelievable job and I congratulate them from the beginning, and also stated to give them a chance a couple of years ago.
Good luck to the Oaks!!

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I don't know anything about the "system", the coaches or last year for that matter but I do recognize quality when I see it and Oak Hill has it. I would assume that those calling for change were from within the Oak Hill community itself, not outside observers.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

OAK HILL WINS!!!! 45-31

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

If Oak Hill and Burg Both Win Does this mean a Southern Ohio Showdown in the final?

Where would it be played?

Portsmouth?

or to make it fun at the Tank?

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote:If Oak Hill and Burg Both Win Does this mean a Southern Ohio Showdown in the final?

Where would it be played?

Portsmouth?

or to make it fun at the Tank?

IF it happened and that's agreat big "IF", I would like to see it played in Jackson. Their stadium could hold the enormous amount of people that would attend this game.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

I agree....or maybe in Athens

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Portsmouth or Jackson would be the obvious choices if it comes down to Oak Hill and the Burg. Why would they play a game of such magnitude at the Tank when for one there isn't enough visitor seating and for two it's not turf.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I've been told that Portsmouth didn't apply this year to host.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

First thing first!

GOOD LUCK OAKS! MAKE SOUTHEASTERN OHIO PROUD!

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Regulator and sandman . . . as you two probably know, all schools and fan bases have their idiots and "bleacher creatures" as my old head coach used to call them. I am sure you know the types I am talking about. Now we have the internet where anyone can HIDE behnd a username, and say all the negative crap as they wish. Am I partial to the staff there . . . yes, I know one of them very well. They have taken a program that was something like 4-26 the 3 years before they got there and they have gone 3-7, 5-5, 7-3, and now 11-0 and maybe 12-0. There are many schools that would love that type of success and improvement in their team. I get to see them play for the fourth time this year. I hope I get to see them play at least one more!!! GO OAKS!!!!!

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

mtswngrvsg wrote:First thing first!

GOOD LUCK OAKS! MAKE SOUTHEASTERN OHIO PROUD!

I agree...there is work to be done tonight first. GO OAKS!!!

Oaks76
Waterboy

Post by Oaks76 »

Is the game on internet radio? If yes, does anyone know the website?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

not sure of Ridgewood's radio station but it will be on 96.7 which doesn't have internet radio feed.

Oaks76: did you graduate in 76

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GAME DAY BABY!! LETS GO OAKS

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Oaks76 wrote:Is the game on internet radio? If yes, does anyone know the website?

Friday

7:30 kickoff

Ridgewood (11-0) vs Oak Hill (11-0)

Div V Region 19

WTNS 99.3 FM

WTNS webcast http://www.mywtnsradio.com

Return to “Football”