D5 R19 - #3 Wheelersburg vs. #2 Fredericktown at Nelsonville

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: D5 R19 - #3 Wheelersburg vs. #2 Fredericktown at Nelsonv

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Does anyone know how Zaide Whitley is doing in Virginia? Is he even playing football?

Could you imagine if they would have had him and his speed on this team. Wow!!!! Him and Schank on the field at the same time.

The Freddies probably remember him because he was the one who caught two big passes and made some nice runs after to get the Burg in scoring positioin late in the game.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Does anyone know how Zaide Whitley is doing in Virginia? Is he even playing football?
He is back at Portsmouth now. He suffered a broken leg after the 2nd football game down there and moved back.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Have to go with the Freddies in this one,42-26.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I'm sticking with the Burg. Gotta support my friends. Last Burg game I went to was baseball at Huntington Park versus Hamilton Badin, and have to say, it was one of the best games that I've ever seen. Hope that they dial up another one like that this week, it will be worth the price of admission. I'll give it up to the kids from Wheelersburg, they play with a ton of heart, regardless of the sport...........

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

demaniac1 wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Why is the world do the coaches have our starting QB running the ball? Why doesn't he just take the snap and hand it off on every play to a RB. He might get the wind knocked out of him if he actually "plays" football. :roll:

In high school football, especially at a school the size of Wheelersburg, your QB is usually one of your best athletes so he is needed to play defense, run back KO's, and return punts. I actually liked it better when they had both Shears and Schankweiler back returning punts. I think the reason they only had Shears back last week was to keep Schank up close in case of a fake. It must have been something they saw on film.

Nope! Its because Shank doesn't want to do it. THATS A FACT!!
Hmmm maybe because of risk of injury! :roll: :roll:

But I guess thats football!
Has Shank actually returned a punt? A KO return, Ill give the Burg coaches the nod on that one. But a punt?
LOL, I was trying to be funny. He lets most punts hit the ground. I dont think that is funny.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Freddies are gonna be NASTY and CONFIDENT! Burg needs to come out and play to the coaches wishes. They are the experts. No drama, just make ur blocks, make ur reads, and hopefully we come out on top. Burg has done a heck of a job making the adjustments all year long to keep them competitive in every game! Burg was the underdog last yr and are this yr. Took them to the wire last yr, dont give them that chance this yr! Leave it all on the field guys!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

demaniac1 wrote:Freddies are gonna be NASTY and CONFIDENT! Burg needs to come out and play to the coaches wishes. They are the experts. No drama, just make ur blocks, make ur reads, and hopefully we come out on top. Burg has done a heck of a job making the adjustments all year long to keep them competitive in every game! Burg was the underdog last yr and are this yr. Took them to the wire last yr, dont give them that chance this yr! Leave it all on the field guys!!
Do you really think the burg was the underdog last yr? Shank only played O and was playing with a very tore up shoulder and craigmiles went down after the first drive and they still probably should have won. The burg would have won easily last yr with everyone healthy.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

GEEZ, WE were the underdogs! Go look it up! I know we coulda shoulda won, but they were the higher seed, we were the underdog. AND WE LOST!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

fbnut, i hope this time is different!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

demaniac1 wrote:GEEZ, WE were the underdogs! Go look it up! I know we coulda shoulda won, but they were the higher seed, we were the underdog. AND WE LOST!
Do you really think the higher seed is always the favorite? I don't really think 1-8 means a lot when your determining favorites. You could have a 10-0 team that finishes 4th going against a 5-5 Ursuline or Desailes team thats played a schedule full of powerhouses and I am guessing most of the time in this case the lower seed would be the favorite. In college football you see higher ranked teams as underdogs all the time. I am guessing most people would have had Badin the #8 as the favorite over North union the #1 based on the level of competition they had played and how they fared.

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

Burg had the talent last year but they didn't have the heart that this years team does. It's a totally different team IMO.

pirates/redmen fan
JV Team

Post by pirates/redmen fan »

COULD SOMEBODY FROM NELSONVILLE GIVE DIRECTION TO THE STADIUM.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pirates/redmen fan wrote:COULD SOMEBODY FROM NELSONVILLE GIVE DIRECTION TO THE STADIUM.

From Canal st.(us rt. 33) from the second redlight at BP
Turn Right on (OH-78)
Continue to follow OH-78 you will go about 2 miles and you will see Boston Field on your right as you enter the Village of Buchtel.
Turn Left on 12TH ST as soon as you turn on 12th street you will see Nelsonville-York city schools on your left.

pirates/redmen fan
JV Team

Post by pirates/redmen fan »

Orange And Brown

WOULD YOU GIVE ME DIRECTIONS FROM JACKSON TO THE STADIUM.

THANKS FOR THE OTHER DIRECTIONS.

GO BURG.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

pirates/redmen fan wrote:Orange And Brown

GO BURG.
Mapquest it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pirates/redmen fan wrote:Orange And Brown

GO BURG.
Just take 32 to rt 33 towards columbus, it will take you right through Nelsonville, when you get to the second redlight by BP follow the directions I gave you

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

From a Falcon fan, good luck to the Wheelersburg Pirates against Fredericktown!!

Let's have an all SOCII Region 19 final and show the rest of this area how competitive and strong the conference is.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Vladimir wrote:From a Falcon fan, good luck to the Wheelersburg Pirates against Fredericktown!!

Let's have an all SOCII Region 19 final and show the rest of this area how competitive and strong the conference is.
Good luck to the Falcons also! :12223

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

GO BURG!!

Browns78
Waterboy

Post by Browns78 »

JUST WANTED TO SAY FROM HERE IN OAK HILL!!! GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES!!!

Return to “Football”